Highest Wicket Taker in West Indies Series 2016
Question in detailWill R Ashwin Become the highest wicket taker in IND Vs WI Test series?
When speculating the highest wicket taker in India Vs West Indies series 2016, Ravichandran Ashwin comes first. Ashwin is a quality off spinner, an impact all-rounder, and above all a game changer. Not to speak of spin-friendly tracks Ashwin has proved his worth several times, even on tracks where only fast bowlers dominate. No question can be raised about his ability to be the highest wicket taker in India Vs West Indies series 2016. Currently positioned 2nd in the international bowlers test ranking,Ashwin has all the makings to decimate the opponent's batting order. Much to everyone's surprise, he also tops the all-rounder's table in test raking.
India's quality off spinner, Ashwin accounted for three wickets on the opening day against WICB President's XI, limiting the opponents to just 180 in the first innings. He is now ready to bewitch the audience with his spin attack on India's tour of West Indies 2016. He has ability to turn the match from any situation. Needless to say, he can be as much effective on West Indies tracks as he is on Indian pitches. If he ends up being the leading wicket taker in IND Vs WI series 2016, this won't surprise us.
- India Vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test, match preview: In their pursuit to get a 1-0 lead, Team India will come down to Nagpur on 24th November for the second Test against Sri Lanka. Kohli's brigade will be missing their star opener Shikhar Dhawan, who scored precious 94 runs in the second innings of the first Test. Another man to opt out of the Nagpur Test is Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who starred with ball picking up eight wickets at Eden Garden. The void of Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar doesn't really seem to be a serious concern for Kohli given the fact that India has a strong bench-strength. Murali Vijay is set to be slotted as Dhawan's replacement. Ishant Sharma, who didn't get a chance to play the first game, can be seen opening the Indian bowling in place of Bhuvneshwar Kumar in Nagpur. The Tamil Nadu all-rounder Vijay Shankar, who is yet to make his debut, has got a maiden call-up in the Test squad. Even though the selectors have called Shankar as Bhuvneshwar's replacement, it would be a surprise if he finds a spot in the playing XI. As India is preparing for their overseas tour, probably the one to South Africa lined-up next in January 2018, the team is supposed to go with three front-line pacers in India Vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test. If this is exactly what the case is, Ishant Sharma reasonably fits in Bhuvneshwar's place. Irrespective of whoever comes in, Indian squad for second Test against Sri Lanka will undergo major changes. The first two days of the first Test were marred by heavy rain causing Indian batting line-up enough dents to constrain them at a mere 172 runs in 59.3 overs. Lanka, in reply, got a massive lead of 122 runs, but failed to repeat the same bowling feat as India went past 350 runs in their second innings. On the final day, the dramatic three hours served plenty of entertainment on viewer's plate. Lanka had to survive less than a session and half in a 231-run chase, and they haltingly managed to eke out a dramatic draw despite slumping 75 for 7. A few more overs and India would have won, but the bad light had played spoilsports. Lanka would be pleased managing to draw the Kolkata Test. Thanks to bad light that came as Lanka's savior and caused an early finish on the final day. In the second Test starting from Nov 24, Lankans are wary of the threat India can pose. They will be heavily relying on Lakmal and Rangana Herath in the bowling department. However, in batting, Thirimanne, Chandimal and Mathews will be in the key role. They will have the responsibilities to take Lanka out of the crunch situations. Indian squad for second Test against Sri Lanka: Virat Kohli (c), Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Vijay Shankar. Will India get 1-0 lead winning Nagpur Test against Sri Lanka?
- India will be without Shikhar Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar in the second Test against Sri Lanka, commencing on Nov 21 in Nagpur. The two spearheads, one with bat and the other with ball, requisitioned for leave citing some personal reasons. While Dhawan will remain available for selection for the 3rd Test, Bhuvneshwar will miss the remainder of the series following his marriage on Nov 23rd. No other pacer seems to fill the void of the swing master Bhuvneshwar given the form he is undergoing and the way he is bowling at present. However, in a bid to find Bhuvneshwar Kumar's replacement for Nagpur Test, the BCCI selection committee has called the Tamil Nadu all-rounder Vijay Shankar in the Test squad. The 26-year-old Shankar made his way to the national Test squad at the back of his stunning 72-run knock against South Africa A. His contribution with bat helped his team clinch the tri-series. Also, recently he batted well in a couple of one-day games against NZ A. The uncapped all-rounder made his presence feel in the Ranji Trophy wherein he scored a century for Tamil Nadu against Odisha and picked 4 wickets against Mumbai in another game. Vijay Shankar in the Test squad, if becomes a part of the playing XI, might be seen batting in the middle-order and also contributing with ball as and when required. Bhuvneshwar Kumar was honored with man-of-the-match award in the drawn 1st Test against Sri Lanka at Eden Garden for his 8 wickets. Dhawan, on the other hand, scored a brisk 94 in the second innings helping India go past the 122-run lead. Murali Vijay, who was seen bracing India's bench strength in the first Test, comes in as the first choice to replace Shikhar Dhawan in the opening slot. Ishant Sharma is likely to be picked as Bhuvneshwar Kumar's replacement for Nagpur Test. The revised Indian squad for the second Test is as: KL Rahul, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (c), Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Rohit Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Vijay Shankar. Who is likely to replace Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar in Nagpur Test?
- India spinner Ravichandran Ashwin will be eyeing yet another record in the upcoming Test series against Lanka, commencing on Nov 16 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Ashwin's wickets in Ind Vs SL Test series 2017 will be must to watch for as he can break Dennis Lillee's record of fastest 300 wickets in Test. The spin magician has done wonders in his resounding Test career, bagging tons of records to his name. Although his record list is endless, the most recent feat that he achieved was to get fastest 250 wickets in Test. With that feat, he surpassed veteran Austrian pacer Dennis Lillee's record. While Lillee reached 250 wkts in 48 matches, Ashwin took just 45 matches to breach the milestone. Ashwin is now close to one more record, even bigger and even greater indeed. He has pocketed 292 wickets in 52 matches at a stunning average of 25.26. If the 31-year old spinner picks up 8 more wickets in the upcoming Ind Vs SL Test series, he will become the man to get fastest 300 wickets in Test. 8 wickets in three Tests, and that too in familiar home conditions aren't something he would toil for. Not to surprise if he achieves the feat in the opener of the three-match series. Now everyone will be having an eye on Ashwin's wickets in Ind Vs SL Test series 2017. Dennis Lillee presently holds the record of fastest 300 wickets in Tests. Since Ashwin has bagged 292 wickets in 52 matches, one stellar performance featuring just 8 wkts will make him surpass Lillee's record. Ashwin will be hungry ahead of the series and if we go by the history, his hunger has produced him bagful of wickets. Can R Ashwin surpass Dennis Lillee's record of fastest 300 wickets in Test?
- India Vs Sri Lanka 1st Test, match preview: Even though India is hot favorite against Sri Lanka in the three-match Test series commencing from Nov 16 in Kolkata, the history of Test cricket has been full of unexpected results seldom favoring the overlooked opponents like Lankans at present are. This, however, has not been the case since 2015 in any bilateral series across formats. The two sides have met twice in the interim and both times in the island. Lanka desperately fell by the wayside on both occasions managing just one win in 6 matches. The most recent series-defeat that came 0-3 across all formats, starting from Tests and ending with T20s with three ODIs in between, must have disturbed Lanka's aplomb and morale against India. The mighty hosts are coming off a dominant home season followed by a complete clean sweep over Sri Lanka this year in their own den. Eight consecutive series wins bear witness India's Test dominance. Now on a nine-series winning streak, India can achieve the feat with utmost ease given Lanka's terrible Test record in India. So, the hosts are all the way capable of starting the series with a win. One good thing that Lanka would be happy about before facing rampaging India is their recent 2-0 win against Pakistan in the two-match Test series. But, what's worth keeping in mind is India is a different opposition. There is no denying the fact that Lanka is underdog in India Vs Sri Lanka 1st Test. India know this well, but won't be mistaken taking the visitors lightly. Murali Vijay, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma and Lokesh Rahul are back to brace the Indian Test squad. This batting line-up seems to be unstoppable for Lankan bowlers, particularly in familiar home conditions. Moreover, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will lead India's pace attack. R Ashwin and R Jadeja will be hungry for wickets as they are playing a match after 4 months. The choice of openers will be an issue to be addressed by India. India faces the dilemma of who will open the innings along with Murali Vijay, who has been India's most reliable and consistent batsman both at home and away from home. India's playing XI for India Vs Sri Lanka first Test could be as Virat Kohli, Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Umesh Yadav. Who is your favorite in India Vs Sri Lanka first Test?
- Ind vs NZ 3rd T20, match preview and prediction:Irrespective of how it has been so far, the series now comes to an interesting turn where there is no room for error for both teams either.While India was confident of finishing the things and taking a hike in their international T20 ranking earlier, the hosts sneaked into the series-decider winning Rajkot by 40 runs. The series is 1-1 level now andit's once again good to see the final match. The city ofThiruvananthapuram along with Kohli-Williamson's men is all set for a nip and tuck affair on Tuesday. Going a bit experimental and seeking some extra cushion in the bowling, India went with five bowlers in the first two matches. The formula did work in Delhi, but was seemed to set against it.We still believe that 5 bowlers is the way India should go in Thiruvananthapuram as well. On this Indian tour, New Zealand has seen some of their batsmen coming out of the middle and contributing to the team's win when it mattered most. With Munro exploding and Guptil coming back to form for the first time after 5 games, New Zealand has got extra reasons to make merry inInd vs NZ 3rd T20, the series-decider. Santner and Sodhi were excellent in the last game not giving Indians the room to free their arms. They, too, marked the signs of their form along with Trent Boult who picked up 4 wickets. Their bowling is back to fire now and that's an issue to concern for India. India, I guess, will again come strongerin the third game at Greenfield the way they did in the ODI series earlier. They are more used to the conditions than the hosts. Yes, top-order will again need to take the responsibility as India can't rely much on their middle-order. Two out of three top-order batsmen will have to do the job. Bumrah and Bhuveshwar have been doing well are supposed to continue their stellar in the third game as well. India has a good spin combination too. And if spinners make it count as always, New Zealand must strive to win the game.Indian playing XI for the 3rdT20 against NZ could be as Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Manish Padey/Dinesh Kartik, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni, Kuleep Yadav, Yujvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Mohammed Siraj. And what comes out to be as the bad news from Thiruvananthapuram is that the city has experienced unusual rainfall over the past three days. The rain is not seasonal though, it might putInd vs NZ 3rd T20in jeopardy. Who will win India Vs New Zealand T20 series 2017?
- Not as aggressive as Rohit from the other end is, Shikhar Dhawan, the southpaw Indian opener with a career T20 strike rate of 119, played a match winning knock in front of his home crowd to thrash New Zealand in the first T20. He scored 80 off just 52 deliveries at a strike rate of near 154. Along with Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan is jointly leading the table as the highest run scorer in Ind vs NZ T20 series. While Rohit Sharma was seeking his rhythm in the initial overs, Shikhar began his innings on a rather brutal note. 46-0 from the first six overs was a collective effort from both the openers, but Dhawan had amassed his individual 30 by the time. Dhawan accepted all the loose delivery gladly to convert them into boundaries. It was his dismal batting display that took India to 80 in the halfway stage. Dhawan's power hitting continued to release pressure from Rohit Sharma, who started rather steadily on that particular day. Shikhar Dhawan has been undergoing purple patch for months now. A 52-ball 80 at Kotla is a clear testimony of it. Dhawan hit 10 boundaries and 2 towering sixes in his innings to pile up 80 runs. Not just that, the left-handed took 37 balls to slam his 3rd T20 half-century. It was his best T20 knock ever. Shikhar Dhawan's runs in Ind vs NZ T20 series, which as of now have reached 80 after one match, can get him the player of the series too. When it comes to predicting the highest run scorer in Ind vs NZ T20 series, both Indian openers Rohit and Shikhar are in the race now with 80 runs each to their names. The duo amassed 158 for the first wicket giving India a good start in the first match. While Rohit Sharma slammed a 54-ball 80, Shikhar Dhawan played 52 balls to reach his individual 80. Now, everyone will be having an eye on Shikhar Dhawan's runs in Ind vs NZ T20 series. Will he hit some more half-centuries in the remainder of series? Will he become the highest run scorer? If yes, it won't really be a surprise. Who will become the highest run scorer in India Vs New Zealand T20 series 2017?
- Ind Vs NZ 2nd T20, match preview: The caravan now moves to Rajkot for second of the three-match T20 series. The Kotla victory that came by 53 runs was special in many respects as it ended India's winless T20 streak against NZ and handed Ashish Nehra a winning farewell in front of his home crowd. A complete all-round performance, which saw India's opening pair at its brutal best, got India off to a winning start. The men-in-blue now eye series win in Rajkot. The Black Caps, who had an off day in Delhi, will be keen to fight back in the second T20. They come up with a strong batting line-up, which features the likes of Guptil, Williamson, Munro, Latham, Grandhomme and Nicholls. Remarkably, all their players from the batting lot barring Martik Guptil are in good form. Kane Williamson, who made his presence feel only in the 3rd ODI on this tour, is also not looking in good touch. The spin duo of Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi can come influential if the track at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium turns out to be spin-friendly. Trent Boult, the most expensive of all regular bowlers in the first T20, would be seeking his line and length if gets beaten with the new ball. Tim Southee, who heavily relies on his slow deliveries, is a quality death-over bowler. The pace duo will have the responsibility to collapse India's in-form top order in Ind Vs NZ 2nd T20. If they do the job, India will toil to win the match Despite winning the first match, Virat Kohli has a lot to churn about in the bowling combination. If India goes with five regular bowlers, Mohammed Siraj will automatically come in as the third regular pacer along with Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar. However if three pacers are not on Kohli's bucket list, Kuldeep Yadav can join the spin duo of Chahal and Axar. India seems to refrain from changes in the batting department as the current lot of batsmen is good enough to handle NZ's bowling attack. India's playing XI for second T20 against NZ could be as Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Shreyas Iyer, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Kuldeep Yadav. Will India clinch T20 series as well winning the Rajkot game?
- India Vs New Zealand 3rd ODI, match prediction: Will India win the third ODI against NZ? Hardly would you be in any doubt if you watched how India subdued the black caps in Pune in all the three departments. Now, the home side will eye a similar sort of performance in Kanpur as well. And their potential to do that goes beyond doubt, particularly at home. Credit to bowlers the way they bowled keeping the pressure on throughout and making the visitors finish with a moderate total. India comfortably chased down 231 runs with six wickets in hand and 4 overs to spare. It was a moderate total, so was an easy and controlled run-chase. New Zealand weren't good enough at the top, but positives from middle-order took them to that total. They need to play a lot better if willing to become the winner of Ind vs NZ ODI series 2017. However, the summary of the first match was entirely different. New Zealand added life to the three-match ODI series by winning the opener. But coming into the second game, India squares account of the Mumbai loss beating the hosts the way they did in Mumbai. The series is 1-1 level now. India eyes series win so does NZ. But, who impartially has more chances to win India Vs New Zealand 3rd ODI is India. Now, both teams are looking forward to becoming the winner of Ind vs NZ ODI series 2017. But, only one of them will make the grade. Who? Even though India is always favorite in their home conditions, New Zealand can meekly sneak into the winning shell on the strength of their at-hand resources that got them the first win in the series. Will India take away the ODI series beating New Zealand in the third match at Kanpur?
- IND Vs NZ 2nd ODI, match prediction: New Zealand goes 1-0 up clinching a comfortable 6-wicket win over India. It was a record win too! Chasing 281, the highest by NZ against India and also the highest chased down by any team at Wankhede, is a matter of joy. Although for black caps it was pretty tough to keep for 50 overs on a humid day out there, Tom Latham and Ross Tailor saw it through making 281 look easy. Tailor's dismissal just 2 runs short of the finish-line was desperate as he missed out a well-deserving hundred. The visitors will be now hoping their men both bowlers and batsmen to continue the stellar. In-form Latham, Tailor and Boult, also the heroes of the Wankhede victory will again be the players to watch out for. Also, it would be no wonder if they steer their side to yet another victory in IND Vs NZ 2nd ODI. The challenge is tough as it was in the first ODI, but NZ can do it again. Losing the opener of the three-match series means to be on the back foot that India is at present. Indian skipper Virat Kohli notched a stunning hundred (121) in his 200th ODI, but no one from the other end joined the campaign. While it was his sole effort, Latham-Tailor did it jointly giving a match winning 212-run stand for the fourth wicket. The rare top-order failure kept India from getting a good start. Nor did the experiment with middle-order really work as Kedar Jadhav, who was promoted to No. 4, went down market at an individual score of 12 runs. Denesh Kartik did get the start in his come-back match, but couldn't quite capitalize it. India is left with no more room for error. New Zealand needs to manage just one win in the remainder. However, for India it remains to be a knockout series now. Nonetheless India has the potential to become the winner of IND Vs NZ 2nd ODI. India's playing XI for second ODI against NZ A couple of changes could be now a part India's strategy for the second ODI. Who do you think should be in and at whose cost? Axar Patel is probably one to replace either Kuldeep Yadav or Yuzvendra Chahal in the spin department. The pace duo of Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar seem to retain their spot in India's playing XI for second ODI against NZ. The ever-consistent Manish Pandey deserves a spot in the top four batsmen. One out of Dinesh Kartik and Kedar Jadhav can miss out to feature the middle-order, and not surprisingly the playing XI too. Dhawan and Rohit will again be the first choice for the opening slots. India's likely playing XI is as Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Kedar Jadhav/Manish Pandey, Dinesh Kartik, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni, Kuldeep Yadav/Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah. Will India come back hard to level the series 1-1 in the second ODI against NZ?
- India Vs New Zealand 1st ODI match prediction: India gets geared for their next assignment, a three-match ODI series against touring New Zealand. The series opener will begin in Mumbai on October 22. The blue brigade is coming off a comprehensive ODI series win over Australia. They were dominant throughout, but rain in the last T20 kept them from extending their series-win streak. Kohli's men will eye to continue their home dominance against New Zealand as well. New Zealand hasn't been that impressive over the last few months. Having been beaten at home by South Africa in all the three formats in February this year, the black caps would now venture to take on mighty India in their own den. On their last tour of India, Kiwis couldn't manage a win in the three-match Test series. However, in ODI series, they won 2 out of 5 matches. This time around, New Zealand looks confident to leave an impression, but a loss to Board President's XI in the first practice match narrates a different story, depicting the sort of commitment, intent and form they come with. If Kiwis want to take on India, they will have to play some good cricket unlike how they did in the practice match. Both the teams will be eyeing to win India Vs New Zealand 1st ODI. If NZ loses, it would be hard for them to comeback. Kiwis' skipper Kane Williamson believes that an adaptable and flexible approach is the key to win in India. He is well aware of the challenges of their limited-over assignment kicking off in the coming few days. Indian Squad for NZ ODI Series Shikhar Dhawan, Shradul Thakur and Dinesh Kartik return to the ODI squad for the three-match series against New Zealand, commencing from Oct 22 in Mumbai. With Shikhar Dhawan returning to the fray, India would face the dilemma over choosing the second opener along with Rohit Sharma. While Shikhar Dhawan has been undergoing superb form for months now, Rahane made most of his absence in the ODI series against Australia notching four successive half-centuries in the opening slot. No. 4 conundrum remains another problem for India to be addressed. Hardik Pandya was impressive when promoted to the spot. Manish Pandey was also given a couple of chances at the spot, but missed to perform. He did well down the order. Now with Kartik's inclusion to the squad, another contender joins the mix. Reportedly reserved for Test matches only, R Ashwin and R Jadeja continue to struggle for a spot in the ODI squad. Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Shami also fail to retain their spots in the bowling set up. Shradul Thakur comes as a bowling option alongside Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar, Kuldeep, Axar and Chahal. Indian squad for NZ ODI series includes Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan, Hardik Pandya, Manish Pandey, Dinesh Kartik, MS Dhoni, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Kedar Jadhav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shradul Thakur and Yuzvendra Chahal. Will India win the 1st ODI against New Zealand?
- India Vs Australia 3rd T20 match prediction: Having leveled the series 1-1 in the second T20, the visitor would be now keen to clinch the series. The series-leveling win in Guwahati was a boost to Austrlia's lost confident on this Indian tour. And a win in Hyderabad where India Vs Australia 3rd T20 is scheduled to be played, will overcome the embarrassment of the ODI series that the visitors lost 1-4. Behrendoff's magical spell that he finished 21/4 was enough to wrap Indian top-order. And the efforts from India's middle-order batsmen also proved barely adequate to post a competitive total on scoreboard. No matter how lethal your bowling attack is, 118 is a target you would fail to defend 9 out of 10 times. And that's what the summary of the second T20 is. India did get the expected start with ball dismissing Warner and Finch down market in the early overs. But, wicket-less overs in the middle accelerated Australia's win. India had a good chance to get an unassailable lead in the second match, but things don't always necessarily go the way you expect. It was disappointing to lose, particularly being dominant throughout the tour. What's done is done; the hosts will be now looking forward to become the winner India Vs Australia T20 series clinching the series-decider in Hyderabad. The home side won't like to repeat the same mistake they did in the last match. Australia, on the other hand, will be hopping either Behrendoff or some other bowler to take the charge with ball. Although Warner and Finch couldn't live up to the expectations, Australia would be happy with the commitment from the middle-order batsmen. And Guwahati win was the result Behrendoff and Head-Henriques' combined efforts. As it's a game of cricket, either team can win. What if Australia did in the last game? And when predicting the winner of Ind Vs Aus T20 series, India again walks in as favorites. Who will become the winner India Vs Australia T20 series 2017?
- India Vs Australia 2nd T20 match prediction: A dominant 9-wicket win in Ranchi was India's seventh in a raw over Australia. Heavy rain in the middle reduced the game shorter thereby making the hosts chase a comfortable 48 in 6 overs by D/L method. India kept a tight rein of Australian batsmen taking wickets at regular intervals. Again it was bowlers' show with Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar and the spin duo of Chahal and Kuldeep coming relentless. India Vs Australia 2nd T20 match prediction again finds the hosts to be favorites. Australia, on the other hand, continued their nightmarish run in the shortest format too having overwhelmingly conceded a 9-wicket defeat in the rain-affected first T20. The loss has mounted Aussies' struggle leading them to the brink of another series defeat. One more defeat in the second T20 would end their hopes to fight back. They are now in a desperate need of a win. Over-reliance on Finch and Warner again kept Australia from posting a competitive target in the first match. The middle-order batsmen have to have their assigned role in the batting. If the visitors want to win India Vs Australia 2nd T20, each of their players will have to contribute the best. Australia's XI for the 2nd T20 is predicted to be as Steven Smith (c), Aaron Finch, David Warner, Jason Behrendorff, Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Moises Henriques, Kane Richardson, Andrew Tye, Nathan Coulter-Nile and Adam Zampa. India's playing XI for the 2nd T20 is likely to be as Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul/ Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah and Kuldeep Yadav/ Axar Patel. Will Australia put paid to their nightmarish losing streak in the second T20 against India?
- India Vs Australia 1st T20 match prediction: After an emphatic end to the ODI series that they finished 4-1, India are now up for T20 action in the three-match series starting from October 7. The opening match will be played in Ranchi. And when it comes to prediction, Kohli's men remain favorites as they always do in front of the home crowd. India would be confident of the similar start they got to the ODI series earlier. Aussies, who managed to win only one of five ODIs, will again have a lot to work on. If they lose the first game, it would be difficult for them to comeback. India Vs Australia 1st T20 match prediction finds India to be favorite. The format has changed, so has the squad that calls in some unexpected names including 38-year pacer Ashish Nehra and wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Kartik. Lead spinners R Ashwin and R Jadeja again fail to secure a place in Indian squad for the T20 series against Austraila. The decision may look a bit questionable, but in reality the selectors seem to keep these spin options safe for the Test format and also certainly for the coming World Cup. Shilkhar Dhawan, who missed the ODI series due to his wife's ill health, comes back to the squad replacing Ajinka Rahane in the opening slot. Dhawan's return doesn't surprise, nor does Rahane's exit. However, what leaves us utterly wondered is Nehra's inclusion. Doesn't' it? 38 -Year is the age most pacers look prone to take retirement. But for Nehra it's just a number as he eyes career prospects in this age group. Test-match specialist U Yadav and M Shami continue to be out of the shortest format. The selectors retain Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya and Kedar Jhadav in the squad. Indian squad for T20 series against Austraila is as Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, KL Rahul, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Padel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, MS Dhoni (wk) Dinesh Kartik and Ashish Nehra. Will India win the opening T20 against Australia in Ranchi?
- India Vs Australia 5th ODI match prediction: Finally, Australia would be happy to recuperate their lost ODI reputation after 11 consecutive defeats overseas, including the three on this Indian tour. The hard-fought win at Chinnaswamy that came as a belated redemption serves no mean to change the result of the series; all it does is to overcome Australia's nightmarish overseas record over the last one year. Winner of India Vs Australia 5th ODI will be the one who puts everything batting, bowling and fielding in the right proportion according to the situation of the match. India missed out a record winning streak with a dismal loss in Bengaluru. The result had been different if one out of Hardik Pandya, K Jhadav or M Pandey would have carried the chase till the last over. Since it was not the case, Dhoni as the last hope failed to finish things the way he once used to do. It was desperate to lose the game reaching so close to the mammoth 335-run target. Top-order did the job correctly, but economic bowling in the death overs abruptly shifted the pressure on Indian batsmen even those who had settled. Rahane and Rohit again gave a hundred-run stand for the first wicket with each one of them completing their half-century. Kohli got the start, but couldn't capitalize it. Pandya and Jhadav, who had hit a couple of sixes earlier, caught the fielder in the deep bidding to take down the required run rate that with each dot ball and single was towering. It was when India lost control over the chase. Manish Pandey, too, lost his wicket trying to hit the ball hard. An inside edge and it was over for Pandey. Ball doesn't always necessarily get the distance you pick the aerial route. Pandya and Jhadav need to understand this. However, when making India Vs Australia 5th ODI match prediction, the hosts again walk in as favorites given the fact that they have better form and player-combination than the visitors. Australia is back to action despite already losing the series. The win at M Chinnaswamy Stadium must have given them some confidence and of course the hopes to pocket another win in the next match. The least Aussies would be eyeing now is to return home with two wins in their bag. With Aron Finch returning to the squad emphatically and David Warner getting his lost form, Australia won't have much to worry about their top-order. Yes, Steven Smith, another major contributor with bat in the top-order would be churning a little about his last failure in Bengaluru. Coming down to Head, Handscomb, Maxwell and Stoinis, all of them have been average performers in the series so far. And the visitors can't really bank much on them to become the winner of India Vs Australia 5th ODI. The pace attack that includes the likes Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins and death over specialist Kane Richardson will again have a lot on their shoulders. Will Australia return home with two wins in their bag?
- India Vs Australia 4th ODI match prediction: Having already clinched the series 3-0, team India is now eyeing to extend their winning run that after Indore victory has reached 9. Rarely does India churn about changes to the winning squad until injury or some other serious issues make it so. But this time around, a couple of changes could be apparently visible in India's playing XI for the 4th ODI as a part of the BCCI rotation policy. Presumably, Axar Patel can play the role of the second spinner with either K Yadav or Y Chahal. In the pace department, M Shami and U Yadav can replace B Kumar and J Bumrah. KL Rahul could be the one to replace Manish Pandey in the middle order. When it comes to India Vs Australia 4th ODI match prediction, again it's India that walks in as favorites. And this doesn't have much to reason with as Aussies haven't been able to perform up to their true potential overseas for a long while now. The other factors that candidly vouch India to stamp their 4th consecutive victory over Australia are; a strong middle-order that boasts the likes of in-form Kedar Jadhav and explosive Hardik Pandya; ever consistent top-order that includes hit man Rohit Sharma, dependable Ajinkya Rahane and the run machine Virat Kohli; wicket taking spin options like Kuldeep Yadav, Yujvendra Chahal and fit-again Axar Patel; and the death over specialists Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jaspreet Bumrah who also more often than not come successful with new ball. However, Bhuvneshwar and Bumrah's presence in the 4th ODI remains questionable. India's predicted playing XI for the 4th ODI could be as: R Sharma, A Rahane, V Kohli, H Pandya, Ms Dhoni, KL Rahul, K Jadav, M Shami, U Yadav, A Patel and Y Chahal. Australia has desperately lost 14 out of their last 15 matches overseas. Not surprisingly, blunt bowling, average fielding and disappointing batting have been the reasons to their long struggle overseas. Yet to taste a win on this Indian tour, Australia will move into the 4th ODI with a will to give confident India a tough fight. Desires apart, the visitors have a lot to work on if they want to compete the hosts in India Vs Australia 4th ODI. Will Australia break their winless streak in this ODI series? Or Will India again emerge victorious? Bengaluru match will answer the question on September 28. Will team India with the 4th ODI against Australia at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium?
- Leading run scorer in Ind Vs Aus ODI series 2017: Star all-rounder Hardik Pandya is stepping up as the front-runner to finish with most runs in the home ODI series against Australia. With a barrel full of sixes that in total count 9 in 3 innings now, Pandya over the night has emerged as one to get light on him for his power hitting. Pandya has given the audience many wow moments in the series so far hitting the ball out for lofty sixes every time spinners came into attack. Batting No. makes no difference whether be it 4th or his regular 7th Pandya believes in making every opportunity count. Batting at No 7, he slammed 66-ball 83 in the series opener. And when promoted to No 4 in Indore, Pandya came up with another resounding knock (78 off 72 balls). Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane piled up 139 runs for the first wicket in the chase at Holkar Cricket Stadium, but the man to steal the show was Hardik Pandya, who also got the man-of-the-match award for his superb 78-run knock. The young all-rounder has overshadowed the likes of Virat Kohli, Steven Smith, David Warner and Rohit Sharma, a few players who ahead of the series remained high on prediction to become the highest run scorer in India Vs Australia ODI series 2017. Two match-winning fifties to Pandya's name in the series have led him top of the batsmen chart. With 181 runs in 3 innings, Pandya tops the table as the highest run scorer in India Vs Australia ODI series 2017. He has been instrumental in making his team clinch the five-match ODI series 3-0. His power hitting is what has left Aussies answerless. So, don't get surprised if Pandya ends up being the leading run scorer in Ind Vs Aus ODI series 2017. Will Hardik Pandya become the highest run scorer in India Vs Australia ODI series 2017?