Highest Wicket Taker in West Indies Series 2016
Question in detailWill R Ashwin Become the highest wicket taker in IND Vs WI Test series?
When speculating the highest wicket taker in India Vs West Indies series 2016, Ravichandran Ashwin comes first. Ashwin is a quality off spinner, an impact all-rounder, and above all a game changer. Not to speak of spin-friendly tracks Ashwin has proved his worth several times, even on tracks where only fast bowlers dominate. No question can be raised about his ability to be the highest wicket taker in India Vs West Indies series 2016. Currently positioned 2nd in the international bowlers test ranking,Ashwin has all the makings to decimate the opponent's batting order. Much to everyone's surprise, he also tops the all-rounder's table in test raking.
India's quality off spinner, Ashwin accounted for three wickets on the opening day against WICB President's XI, limiting the opponents to just 180 in the first innings. He is now ready to bewitch the audience with his spin attack on India's tour of West Indies 2016. He has ability to turn the match from any situation. Needless to say, he can be as much effective on West Indies tracks as he is on Indian pitches. If he ends up being the leading wicket taker in IND Vs WI series 2016, this won't surprise us.
- Sri Lanka Vs India first ODI: The aftermath of frightful 3-0 Test series loss to India showcases the gulf in Lankan class and intent. Remarkably, it's for the first time India whitewashed Sri Lanka on their home soil. Unlike the Test series that turned out to be a one-sided affair, the five-match ODI series is supposed to go a bit more competitive. Lankan captain Upul Tharanga is now hoping his men to present a tough rivalry in the shortest format. But, it would require them a massive improvement in class. Sri Lanka Vs India first ODI is scheduled to be played in Dambulla on August 20. Ahead of the match, Lankan skipper is seeking fans' support as it could play a big role in lifting the team's morale. Tharanga has also reposed faith in his men in the shorter format. He believes that his team is well equipped to fare batter in the 50-over format. All he needs to regain the spirit is the fans' support, Tharanga repeatedly emphasizes. Although Tharanga is confident to come out stronger in the ODI series, there is a lot of difference between words and deeds. And this needs to be understood by the Lankan skipper. In reality, he needs to focus on his game and put in the hard work rather than having a big mouth. Sri Lanka squad for the ODI series features Upul Tharanga (c), Danushka Gunathilaka, Angelo Mathews, Kusal Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella, Chamara Kapugedera, Akila Dananjaya, Lakshan Sandakan, Dushmantha Chameera, Thisara Perera, Malinda Pushpakumara, Wanindu Hasaranga, Milinda Siriwardana, Vishwa Fernando and Lasith Malinga. Sri Lanka squad for the ODI series would be without Asela Gunaratne, Nuwan Kulasekara, Asitha Fernando and Lahiru Kumara. Selectors have replaced Gunaratne with all-rounder Thisara Perera, who was overlooked for the home series against Zimbabwe. Milinda Siriwardana is also a new edition to Sri Lanka ODI squad. Other than this, the selectors have invited Malinda Pushpakumara and young seamer Vishwa Fernando, the two players yet to make their ODI debut. Will Sri Lanka come out strong to beat India in the first ODI at Dambulla?
- India Vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test: India is just one step from recording their first clean sweep in Sri Lanka. India is already 2-0 up in the three-match series. Now, all it would take them is just a win, which given Lanka's poor show in the first two Tests, doesn't really sound to be a big deal. An innings win, the first ever on Lankan soil, gave wings to India's mission clean sweep. And if they continue their all-round wizardry in the third Test as well, it would be India's first clean sweep in Sri Lanka. Kohli's brigade has been thoroughly dominant no this Lankan tour, winning the first Test by 304 runs and the second one by an innings and 53 runs. More importantly, it is India's eighth successive series win. A series of poor results messed by successive injuries to their gloom would no longer be Lanka's memorabilia. The hosts wouldn't have thought to get out so cheaply just ahead of the third Test. It's over now as there is no way for them to comeback. Their injury list kept increasing match after match, in fact innings after innings. They would now require all their available sources to repay the expected if not more. And the biggest challenge for them is to avoid India's first clean sweep in Sri Lanka. The series is already out of Sri Lanka's reach; all that will make them toil in India Vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test is an escape from the near-possible clean sweep, India's first in Sri Lanka. Will they? This has a well-reasoned question mark apparently because they have been off-colored throughout in all the three departments. More to their worries, they will be in the third Test without their key players, including Rangana Herath, Nuwan Pradeep and Danushka Gunathilaka. Will the third Test at Pallekele result in India's first clean sweep in Sri Lanka?
- Telugu Titans' young all-rounder Vishal Bhardwaj, who didn't get many chances to prove his worth last season, is doing wonder now. Just incredible, Vishal has taken 19 points in 7 matches so far, and all the points came as a result of successful tackles. More interestingly, he is leading the table with most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 5 at present. Vishal has emerged as one of Titans' star performers along with Rahul Chaudhary. While Rahul is leading Titans' attack, Vishal takes up the responsibility in defense above the likes of his Rakesh Kumar and other established defenders in the squad. In the season so far, Vishal has been Telugu's driving force in defence. Not many would have thought a newcomer to lead the defenders' table with most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 2017, but Vishal has made it come true with his stellar performances one after the other. With most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 2017 so far, Vishal Bhardwaj secures first position. Vishal, in defence, has overshadowed experienced PKL defenders, including Surender Nada and Nilesh Shinde. Calling Vishal an upcoming PKL star is no exaggeration. Ankle hold is one of his most deadly weapons he uses when the raider comes in his range. And most of his ankle-hold attempts result in a tackle point. He has been impressive in the league so far and is supposed to end the season with most tackle points. Will Vishal Bhardwaj get most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 2017?
- Every CPL edition, from first to fourth, has seen Chris Gayle at his brutal best with bat. Hard as nails when comes to bat, Gayle had been Jamaica Tallawahs' precious gem before being bought by St Kitts and Nevis Patriots this season. The West Indies explosive opener has had some wonderful records to his name in the CPL history. And interestingly, he ended all the three previous seasons in top three as the highest run scorer. 2015 edition was arguably his individual best as he finished it top of the batsmen's table with 430 runs, which also includes a smashing century. Don't you think Gayle can become the leading run scorer in CPL 2017 as well? Chris Gayle's runs in Caribbean Premier League count 1533 now. All that he took to reach the mark is 45 CPL innings. To begin with the opening season, Chris Gayle staked up 234 runs in 9 innings. The next season (2014) went even better for the power hitter as it gave him 363 runs in 11 innings. Gayle's hailstorm continued in the next two seasons as well, which he finished 1st and 3rd respectively as the most run getter. In 2015, he piled up 430 runs in 10 innings at a strike rate of 160 plus and an average of near 161. Last year, he scored 425 runs and finished third on the batsmen's table. Just numbers are enough to speak how destructive he has been throughout for the opponents. Chris Gayle has been instrumental to Tallawahs' top four finishes each season. With consistency and power hitting being his strength, Gayle stands good chances to become the leading run scorer in CPL 2017. So far in the league, which is underway, Gayle has staked 81 runs in 2 innings at an average of 81. In Patriots' second game, Gayle smashed a brilliant half-century helping the side record their second consecutive victory. Will Chris Gayle become the leading run scorer in Caribbean Premiere League 2017?
- Captaining Trinbago Knight Riders since the opening CPL season (2013), Dwayne John Bravo brings spark to any game with his stroke-play out in the middle. Bravo oozes perfection and class also when bowls. Quick on field, the versatile all-round gives his hundred percent combining his explosive batting, exuberant medium-fast bowling and spirited fielding. When predicting the leading wicket taker in CPL 5, Dwayne Bravo is the name that hits one's mind in the first place. With Bravo comes abundant of experience to the side he plays with. And Trinbago Knight Riders have been indebted of Bravo's fantastic bowling efforts for a couple of seasons now. The last two CPL editions witnessed the buoyant Caribbean all-rounder doing wonder with ball. He ended both seasons each top of bowlers' chart picking up 28 and 21 wickets respectively. Bravo's 28 wickets in CPL 2015 edition powered his team to the title win. Bravo stands good chance to become the leading wicket taker in Caribbean Premier League 2017 as well given the start he has got as a bowler. Crowned twice as the most wicket taker in CPL history, Bravo has got an emphatic start to the fresh season (2017) both as a captain and as a bowler. As a captain, he has won his first two games. However, as a bowler, he has taken 4 wickets so far. In the season's opener, he bagged two wickets at an economy of 5.75. When against Lucia Stars in Trinbago's second game, he again grabbed two wickets. Positioned 5th as a bowler at present with 4 wickets in two matches, Bravo has much more to put on display in the upcoming matches. And this would be for the third time if Bravo becomes leading wicket taker in Caribbean Premier League 2017. Will Dwayne Bravo become the leading wicket taker for the third time in Caribeean Premiere League?
- Filling up the void of world's best spinner and the leading all-rounder is not going to be any easy for Chinaman spinner Kuldeep Yadav, one who got a call up as the back-up spinner but got no chance to feature the playing XI. Now, Ravindra Jadeja's suspension comes as a welcoming opportunity to the left-arm wrist spinner. If selected as Ravindra Jadeja's replacement for SL third Test, Kuldeep will have some big shoes to fill. Ravindra Jadeja has been instrumental both with bat and ball to India's each Test win over the years. He is a precious gem for India as he provides the side with great balance, particularly in the longest format. Not to speak of his matchless bowling, Jadeja can give a quick 50-60 anytime at any stage of the game, remarkably not just when the top and middle order is doing well. He can bat in pressure situations as well. Remember Jadeja's 57-ball 68 in the Lord's Test, which helped India win the match by 95 runs. Also, in Dharamshala Test against Australia, Jadeja scored 63 in crunch situation and helped his side go 300 past in the first innings. He again came up with a fabulous 90 against England in Mohali. Jadeja's combined efforts have made him the world's best Test bowler and all-rounder at present. So, matching the standards of such a valuable bowling all-rounder is by all means an uphill task to do for Chinaman spinner Kuldeep Yadav, who is most likely to join the playing XI as Ravindra Jadeja's replacement for SL third Test. Kuldeep had got a chance earlier if India would have gone with the third spinner along with Ashwin and Jadeja in the first two Tests. But, nothing of that sort actually happened. India stuck with the same bowling combination; three pacers and two spinners. And yes, they validated their decision securing an innings win in Colombo. Now, Jadeja has been suspended for the third Test at Pallekele. Kuldeep Yadav is likely to come in as Ravindra Jadeja's replacement for SL third Test. The wrist spinner has played just one Test, in which he took 4 wickets. Also, he has had some impressing limited-over outings. Let's see how he fares with his role in the last Test against Sri Lanka. Will Kuldeep Yadav be able to match Jadeja's lofty standards?
- Leading run scorer in SL Vs IND Test series: On this Lanka tour, India is doing what they are known to do with bat. The visitors are enjoying batting-friendly tracks on Lankan soil. Two consecutive stellar performances led India past 600 score in the first innings of both Tests each. And the credit goes to the batsmen. They are now in a strong position certainly away from the fear of series loss. Every Indian batsman, from top to bottom, is well up to the mark with their assigned role. And those, who have got the spotlight, are Cheteshwar Pujara, Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane. All the three teammates are now in a race to become the highest run scorer in Sri Lanka Vs India Test series. Undergoing a tremendous for months now, Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan has seen a massive bounce in his strike rate (109.13), slightly less than double of his career's SR (64). More a sprint, Dhawan's marathon 190 in the first Innings of opening Test handed India a clinical win over the hosts. Adding 14 and 35 more to his individual total in the next two innings, Dhawan has now reached 2nd with 239 runs. Given the form he is undergoing at present, the southpaw stands good chances to finish as the leading run scorer in SL Vs IND Test series. Cheteshwar Pujara's fluent 153 and 133 in the first innings of both Tests each make him the front-runner of highest run scorer in Sri Lanka Vs India Test series. Pujara got the credit of India's first win along with Dhawan. In the first match, he amassed 253 runs with in-form Dhawan for the second wicket, more importantly completing his 12th century. Moving into the next Test in Colombo, India's number three batsman smashed another well-calculated ton (133). Way ahead of others on the runs count, Pujara has piled up 313 runs in three innings so far and is leading the table. Another Indian batsman to post a century in the series so far, Ajinkya Rahane, too, got into India's mission 3-0, although in the second Test. After a brilliant half-century (57) in the opening Test, Rahane came up with a top-notch hundred (132) in the next game to contribute his part to India's another potential win. Rahane is third on the batsmen's table with 212 runs. Averaging 106, the most by any batsman in the series so far, Rahane has more to put on display in the forthcoming innings. Who will become the leading run scorer in SL Vs IND Test series 2017?
- Sri Lanka Vs India second Test, match preview: Having been overpowered by India in the first Test, Sri Lankan team now seeks remedy to come competitive in the rest of the series. Is there any? Well, nothing less than a win in the second Test would work to get them out of the dire state they have been in for a while now. Lanka has much to ponder in the coming few days, particularly during the second Test as it would decide their further survival in the three-match series. The gulf in Lankan class and ability were apparently visible in the first Test, which they lost by 304 runs just inside four days. Moreover, injuries to key players, including Asela Gunaratne who left the match midway and Rangana Herath who didn't bat in the second innings due to injured middle finger, add to their woes. This is not the end; struggles for Sri Lanka lie ahead of the Colombo Test. Now, fast bowler Suranga Lakmal is the latest addition to Lanka's injury list. Odds are there to scale up Lanka's struggle, but the good thing is that they have got back Dinesh Chandimal who missed the first Test due to Pneumonia. Lahiru Thirimanne and Lakshan Sandakan are likely to get a call-up in place of Gunaratne and Lakmal. Sri Lanka squad for Colombo Test could be as Dinesh Chandimal, Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Dilruwan Perera, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara and Lakshan Sandakan. All that India did in the Galle Test was much expected. They won the match with a huge margin of 304 runs. Having comfortably won the match, team India is now 1-0 up in the series and looks confident to extend the lead. With every player coming promising with his assigned role, Virat Kohli won't be entertaining changes in the winning squad. However, KL Rahul's recovery from seasonal flue could make him churn about a change in the opening slot. With a couple of opening options available in their arsenal, visitors face selection dilemma ahead of Sri Lanka Vs India second Test, commencing on July 3rd at SSC. Indian opener KL Rahul, who missed Galle Test due to ill health, is now set to make a comeback. But, the question is whom will he replace in the second Test? While Shikhar Dhawa notched a match-winning 190, the incumbent Abhinav Mukund drafted a well-fought 81 in the second innings. It would be surprising if KL Rahul replace Mukund. Indian squad for Sri Lanka 2nd Test is likely to be as Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav/Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Shami. Will Sri Lanka fight back in the second Test against India at SSC Colombo?
- England Vs South Africa 3rd Test, match prediction: With both the teams managing to win one game each, the four-match Test series has come to an interesting point. While England was incredibly dominant in the opening game at Lord's, Africa made a strong comeback in the second Test at Trent Bridge. Much of Africa's success in the second match was the result of an incredible team performance and Faf du Plessis' captaincy. Having comprehensively won the second Test by 340 runs, the visitors are now keen to get an unassailable 2-0 lead over England. The Proteas put up an exceptional show at Trent Bridge, but it's always difficult for a visiting side to continue the momentum in a foreign land. The series is now tied at 1-1 and both the teams are eyeing to convert their performance into victory. Despite having home advantage with them, England at Kennington Oval will be on the back foot. Why? England has not been impressive in Oval, particularly for the last two years. They lost their last two Tests at the venue; once when Australia crushed them by an innings and 46 runs in 2015, and secondly when Pakistan slaughtered them by 10 wickets in 2016. Last time, Africa and England played a Test at Kennington where Africa won by and innings and 12 runs. Given their dreadful record at the venue, visitors have an edge over the hosts in England Vs South Africa 3rd Test. South Africa is likely to make one change to the squad that emerged victorious at Trend Bridge. And the change could be Kagiso Rabada, who missed the second Test due to excesses of demerit points. Rabada's return to the squad would be a big bonus for the visitors. The pace spearhead is likely to replace Duanne Olivier in the third Test starting on July 27 in Oval, London. So, South Africa will take on England with Rabada's boost in third Test. South Africa's playing XI for Kennington Test is likely to be as: Faf du Plessis(c), Dean Elgar, Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Heino Kuhn, Keshav Maharaj, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Vernon Philander and Kagiso Rabada. Injuries to key players add to England's worries. They seek a couple of changes with Gary Balance and Mark Wood getting injured ahead of the third Test. Toby Roland-Jones will replace Mark Wood, who suffered a heel injury during the second Test. The Middlesex fast bowler will make his debut at Oval. However for Gary Balance's replacement, England has included Tom Westley and Dawid Malan in the 13-men squad. The Essex batsman Tom Westley in all likelihood will replace Balance. England's playing XI for the third Test against SA is as: Joe Root(c), Alastair Cook, Keaton Jennings, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Stuart Broad, Liam Dawson, Dawid Malan/Tom Westley, James Anderson and Toby Roland-Jones. Who will get an unassailable 2-1 lead in England Vs South Africa 3rd Test?
- Sri Lanka Vs India first Test, match preview: After a successful Caribbean tour, team India is now set to stem Sri Lanka in a three-match Test series starting from July 26. The opener of the series will be played at Galle, where both the teams have their own pros and cons. While the home side is having a reasonably wonderful Test record in Galle, India will eye to coat their dreadful record at the venue. India has won only one of four Tests played between two sides in Galle. The only win that India clinched at the venue came nine years ago in 2008. Lanka has been incredibly dominant in Galle with three wins in four Tests, and surprisingly two of them in 2001 and 2010 were all the more comprehensive. Now, ahead of Sri Lanka Vs India first Test, the home side will be keen to retain their Test sovereignty in Galle. But, it appears to be a big deal for a relatively weak Lankan side. This Indian team is certainly undergoing transition phase with a slew of experienced players being replaced for injury, and Ravi Shastri joining the squad as new head coach in place of Anil Kumble who quit the position under some questionable circumstances. Nonetheless, they look in a groundbreaking form having comprehensively won a long home season. Even if the resounding success came in the comfort of home, 12 wins in 17 Tests over a period of last two years or so fairly resonate that India is more than ready for challenges abroad. India has good bench strength too with Abhinav Mukund and Rohit Sharma coming in as handy batting options at their respective top and middle-order slots. While the tracks in Galle is supposed to be a spin paradise, Kuldeep Yadav or Hardi Pandya stand good chances to play as the fifth bowler in the squad. However, what could be a barrier to India's success in Sri Lanka Vs India first Test is ailment to key openers like Murali Vijay and KL Rahul. India's playing XI for first Test against Lanka is likely to be as Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (w), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Umesh Yadav. Will India coat their dreadful Test record in Galle vanquishing Sri Lanka in the first Test?
- Leicestershire NatWest T20 2017 Schedules & Fixtures Considering their nightmarish fates in the last three seasons, wherein they couldn't even manage to tower second from the bottom, Leicestershire signed up NatWest 2017 edition as the least-rated side to win the title. Barely two weeks into the tournament has the team changed millions predictions that once neglected them largely for many obvious reasons. Now in a comfortable position with three wins in the first three games, Leicestershire began on a higher note than expected. What a start Leicestershire has got off to their NatWest T20 2017 campaign this year! They sit top of the table at present on the back of three consecutive wins; the first that was a worthy of their laudable batting efforts, the second that seemed much easier in the chase, and the third that reflected their true bowling dominance. It's no less than a fairy-tale start for Leicestershire squad in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. Leicestershire cleared their intent in their very first clash chasing down a decent 174-run target against Lancashire at the loss of 7 wickets. The win infused them with a lot of confidence. Going into their next game against Worcestershire, the side showcased a lethal bowling display that was well supported by their batsmen in the chase. Leicestershire chased 149 with 5 down and also 9 balls to spare thus beating Worcestershire by 5 wickets. On a track that was more a bowlers' paradise, Leicestershire panned out another success story defending moderate a 147-run total against Warwickshire. Up and about with 6 points in three games, Leicestershire has seen all their players in form. Leicestershire squad in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 includes Clint McKay (c), Aadil Ali, Gavin Griffiths, Mark Cosgrove, Ned Eckersley, Luke Ronchi, Colin Ackermann, Lewis Hill, Cameron Delport, Callum Parkinson, Mathew Pillans, Dieter Klein, David Sayer and Tom Wells. Leicestershire NatWest T20 2017 schedules is as follows: Jul 09, Sun - Lancashire vs Leicestershire, Liverpool Jul 14, Fri - Worcestershire vs Leicestershire, Worcester Jul 16, Sun - Warwickshire vs Leicestershire, Birmingham Jul 20, Thu - Durham vs Leicestershire, Chester-le-Street Jul 21, Fri - Leicestershire vs Northamptonshire, Leicester Jul 25, Tue - Leicestershire vs Warwickshire, Leicester Jul 28, Fri - Leicestershire vs Durham, Leicester Jul 30, Sun - Derbyshire vs Leicestershire, Derby Aug 02, Wed - Leicestershire vs Nottinghamshire, Leicester Aug 04, Fri - Leicestershire vs Lancashire, Leicester Aug 11, Fri - Northamptonshire vs Leicestershire, Northampton Aug 12, Sat - Leicestershire vs Yorkshire, Leicester Aug 17, Thu - Leicestershire vs Derbyshire, Leicester Aug 18, Fri - Nottinghamshire vs Leicestershire, Nottingham. Will Leicestershire capitalize on the good start to make it to the knockouts in NatWest T20 Blast 2017?
- Most wicket taker in NatWest T20 Blast 2017: An all-time performer for Gloucestershire, Benny Alexander Cameron Howell reaped the reward of his wonderful bowling last year in the world's biggest league. He emerged as the most wicket taker in 2016 edition. Averaging 16, Howell hunted 25 batsmen at a superb economy of less than 7, thus ending top of the bowlers' chart. Howell took as many as three NatWest seasons to come out of the namelessness. The farther he moved in the league, the better he grew as a bowler for his side. In 40 innings of all the three editions, Howell has stacked up a sum of 57 wickets. He marked the opening season with 15 wickets to his name. The 29-year old pacer again came up with resounding season (2015), wherein he took 17 wickets. These figures are just phenomenal find him on a continual upswing. Howell resumed the fresh season from where ended last year. So far in the tournament, he has bagged 6 wickets in two innings at an average of 10 and an economy of 7.50. Third from the top at present, Howell stands good chances to become the most wicket taker in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. Don't you think so? Gloucestershire relies more on BAC Howell than any other pacer they have in their ranks. More often than not, he shoulders the responsibilities of doing the early damage with new ball. Effective in the death overs as well, Howell misses out no opportunity to deal a blow to the opponents' batting line-up, no matter how strong it sounds to be at situations and across conditions. Howell's presence sharpens the edge of Gloucestershire's pace attack. In tournament's opener against Middlesex, Howell in defense hunted two batsmen helping his team draw the last-ball thriller with a wicket on the game's last delivery. He spread the magic of his stunning bowling in the next match as well picking up 4 wickets. Undergoing superb form at present, Howell in all likelihood can end up being the most wicket taker in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. Will Gloucestershire's pacer Benny Howell become the most wicket taker in NatWest T20 Blast 2017?
- England Vs South Africa second Test, match preview: After a comprehensive win at Lords, England seeks an indomitable 2-0 lead over South Africa. The first match saw Joe Root's era getting off to an emphatic start as the hosts squashed Africa by 211 runs with one day to spare. England will be taking on Africa in the second Test at Trent Bridge with an unchanged squad. In Eng Vs SA Nottingham Test, all eyes will be on Joe Root who played a tremendous knock (190 runs) at Lords despite shouldering added burden of captaincy. South Africa will be wary of Moeen Ali, who picked up 10 wickets in the first Test at Lords making the visitors concede a woeful defeat. Moreover, James Anderson and Stuart Broad will have the responsibility to do the early damage when Africa comes out to bat. While the hosts have sorted out their combination issues ahead of the match, Proteas are still in the dilemma of picking their pace attack. They are pondering whether to include Morris, Olivier or Phehlukwayo to compensate Rabada's loss. The pressure is, of course, on the visitors as a defeat in Eng Vs SA Nottingham Test will end their quest of a series win. With 0-1 down in the four-match Test series, South Africa will be playing the second Test under their regular Test captain Faf du Plessis who had to miss the first game for some family issues. Faf returns at the expense of JP Duminy who is struggling with his form for months now. While du Plessis return will be a boost for SA batting, suspension of Rabada will fade away their pace attack to some extent. With Kagiso Rabada being ruled out of the second game, much of the pace responsibilities will fall on Morne Morkel's shoulders. Morkel bagged 7 wickets in the Lord's Test. So, Africa will be heavy relying on Morkel in the pace bowling. Keshav Maharaj, who picked four wickets in the second innings, has been retained as the best spin option for Eng Vs SA Nottingham Test. Nottingham is one of the venues England fancy to play. They have won six out of their last seven Tests here. With one draw, they have been unbeaten at the venue since last 7 Tests. Africa, on the other hand, has had a poor Test record here. The past records go in favor of hosts in England Vs South Africa second Test. Will England get an unassailable 2-0 lead over South Africa in the Second Test at Nottingham?
- NatWest T20 Blast 2017 Hampshire squad and Fixtures It's quite unfortunate for a team to remain aloof from the coveted title despite reaching the semifinal twice in 2014 and 2015 consecutively. This has been Hampshire's narrative structure in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 so far. They played well, but hard lines to their disappointing ending scripted their fate ahead of the final in both the seasons. The 2016 edition, which they ended second from the bottom, hadn't befallen the way they would have fancied. Now going into the fresh season (2017), which is underway, Hampshire will refrain from repeating the mistakes they did in the first three seasons. Already featuring veterans like Kyle Abbott and George Bailey, Hampshire squad in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 has also got the boost of Shahid Afridi, who is a real T20 basher. With Afridi comes the option of an extra spinner in the squad. Giles White, Hampshire's director of cricket looks pleased having the former Pakistan skipper in their ranks. Afridi has spread his magic in Hampshire's opening game against Glamorgan picking their 4 wickets. Apart from this, Hampshire has the likes of Rilee Rossouw, James Vince, Lewis McManus and Reece Topley, who are in superb form at present. The side has got a resounding start to their NatWest T20 Blast 2017 campaign. Two consecutive wins in the first two matches keep them afloat in the tournament. Hampshire is now top of the table with 4 points. They opened their account with a strenuous over Glamorgan. Backed by Lewis McManus's 35-ball 59, they posted 167 on the board batting first. When bowling to defend, Shahid Afridi's 4/20 and Reece Topley's 3/23 made the total way more difficult than it looked. Their next win came over Sussex. James Vince (81 off 48 balls) and Kyle Abbott (3/22) shared the credit of Hampshire's second win. Given the way they have played in the tournament so far, Hampshire's bid to go the distance has got a perfect start. Hampshire squad in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 includes Kyle Abbott, James Vince(C), Michael Carberry, Fidel Edwards, Gareth Berg, Tom Alsop, Lewis McManus, Mason Crane, George Bailey, Rilee Rossouw, Shahid Afridi, Ryan Stevenson, Sean Ervine, Bradley Wheal, Brad Taylor, Chris Wood and Reece Topley. Hampshire NatWest T20 fixtures is as follows: Jul 07, Fri - Glamorgan vs Hampshire, Cardiff Jul 12, Wed - Sussex vs Hampshire, Hove Jul 14, Fri - Hampshire vs Middlesex, Southampton Jul 20, Thu - Hampshire vs Sussex, Southampton Jul 21, Fri - Essex vs Hampshire, Chelmsford Jul 23, Sun - Hampshire vs Surrey, Southampton Jul 26, Wed - Somerset vs Hampshire, Taunton Jul 28, Fri - Gloucestershire vs Hampshire, Bristol Aug 01, Tue - Hampshire vs Kent, Southampton Aug 03, Thu - Middlesex vs Hampshire, London Aug 04, Fri - Hampshire vs Essex, Southampton Aug 10, Thu - Hampshire vs Glamorgan, Southampton Aug 11, Fri - Kent vs Hampshire, Canterbury Aug 18, Fri - Hampshire vs Somerset, Southampton. Will James Vince make Hampshire win NatWest T20 Blast 2017 title?
- Ian Bell has come out to be Warwickshire's savior with bat in both their first matches. Unbeaten 75 against Worcestershire in the team's opening game cruise them to an easy 8-wicket win. The Warwickshire skipper continued the ace and came up with another stunning knock against Nottinghamshire in the next game, wherein he scored 38-ball 47 leading his team to another clinical win. Positioned 3rd as the leading run-scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 at present, Bell has stacked up 122 runs at an average of 122 and a strike rate of 131.18 in his first two innings. In the NatWest 2016 edition, the right-handed batsman smashed 5 half-centuries to reach 489 runs, a mark that only four batsmen in the league went past. He took as many as 13 innings to hang around 500-run mark. An average of near 41 exclaims how fluent the last season had been for him as a batsman. These numbers speak a lot about Bell's true potential to become the leading run-scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. Don't you think so? Bell stands good chances to finish as the leading run-scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017, given the form he is undergoing in the competition at present. But, it would require him to continue his brilliance with the bat in the upcoming matches. And that doesn't sound to be a big deal for the veteran English batsman. Will Ian Bell become the leading run scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017?
- Adam Lyth: Highest Run Scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 Riding on two back-to-back fifties in the Yorkshire's first two matches, Adam Lyth cements top spot as the highest run scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. 150 runs to his name in two innings so far proclaim his batting might and also the form he is reveling in at present. In a one-sided affair against Nottinghamshire, the Yorkshire's opener cleared his intention of not giving way to any bowling attack in the tournament. He's been just unstoppable with bat. His brutal batting display (50-ball 80) that powered Yorkshire to 227 in their first game made Nottinghamshire concede the defeat. The left-handed batsman continued to take on bowlers in the chase (166) against Derbyshire, a game that turned out to be a nip-and-tuck affair towards the end. He scored 68 off 54 balls taking his team close to the set target, but dismissal in the 19th over spoiled his brilliant knock. With Lyth's wicket fell Yorkshire's hopes of recording their second consecutive win in the tournament. Yorkshire's opener is looking in good touch with bat and this increases his chances to become the highest run scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. Embarked on a journey to stardom, Lyth has been on a continual upsurge as Yorkshire's top-order batsman since the last NatWest edition. He spread the magic of his batting scoring 312 in 12 innings at an average of 26 and a strike rate of 152. Having had a successful season last year, Lyth is now looking forward with hopes to emerge as the highest run scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. The tournament is yet to go a long way, and all that Lyth will need to reach the milestone is consistency. Do you also predict Adam Lyth to become the highest run scorer in NatWest T20 Blast 2017?