Parthiv Patel Comeback in Mohali Test against England
Question in detail
Parthiv Patel comes as the only replacement for Wriddhiman Saha for the time being. Parthiv Patel's comeback in Mohali Test against England fell into place given Saha's injury. Well played Parthiv; all praise to the southpaw for not throwing the opportunity that came his way after an eight-year of exile from Test cricket! He scored 42 and 54-ball 67 not out in the last game to power India an emphatic 8-wicket win at Mohali. Parthiv Patel's runs in third Test against England ensured India an early finish on day four.
Though it was all-rounders' show at Mohali, Parthiv also didn't perform less well. He was just phenomenal, particularly in the second innings. The comeback-man contributed his bit in India's mission to get an unassailable 2-0 lead. Before hitting a roaring 54-ball 67*, Parthiv scored a gritty 42 in the first innings, thereby helping India stamp an easy win. If Saha recovers from injury, Parthig may have to go back to Ranji Trophy. But, he would not get disappointed at all. Parthiv Patel's runs in third Test against England has proved that he is the No. 2 wicket-keeper India has at the moment.
Will Parthiv Patel be retained for the fourth Test against England at Mumbai?
- Firmly occupying the top position with most raid points (58), most successful raids (49), most Super 10s (4) and of course most total points (65) to his credit in 7 matches so far, Bengaluru Bulls' captain Rohit Kumar has progressively gone gunning for one after the other the way he does to add more to his individual scorecard. Bulls' first seven matches in the league have been deponent of Rohit's brilliance as a raider. The numbers prove he indeed is a star raider and stands good chances to become the most successful raider in Pro Kabaddi League 2017. He is as influential as he was in the last two seasons, which he finished third and fourth with 102 and 93 raid points respectively. Rohit made his PKL debut in the 3rd season with Patna Pirates. A total of Rohit's 109 points, which helped Pirates win their first PKL title, got him the credit as he was adjudged the 'Most Valuable Player'. In the next year (season 4), Rohit piled his trade with Bengaluru Bulls and scored a total of 100 points. And this season, Bulls spent Rs 81 lakh to retain their star raider, currently the captain of the team. Topping the table as the most successful raider in Pro Kabaddi League 2017, Rohit has bagged 58 raid points, which include 49 successful raids in 7 matches. Rohit Kumar's points in PKL 5 count 65, the most by any player at present. Rohit has emerged as one of the country's best raiders in a very short span of time. He was also a part of the Indian team that ended the South Asian Games with a gold medal last year. The lanky raider has a long reach in the court, which more often than not results in hand touches. Moreover, his excellent footwork helps him earn bonus points in crunch situations. Agility combined with quick 'Scorpion Kick' leaves the defenders startled. Also when needed, the buoyant raider demonstrates fleet toe touches to hunt down the defender. Rohit's versatility and virtuosity make him a complete raider. So, don't get surprised if Rohit Kumar becomes the most successful raider in Pro Kabaddi League 2017. Will Rohit Kumar become the most successful raider of Pro Kabaddi League 2017?
- India Vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test: India is just one step from recording their first clean sweep in Sri Lanka. India is already 2-0 up in the three-match series. Now, all it would take them is just a win, which given Lanka's poor show in the first two Tests, doesn't really sound to be a big deal. An innings win, the first ever on Lankan soil, gave wings to India's mission clean sweep. And if they continue their all-round wizardry in the third Test as well, it would be India's first clean sweep in Sri Lanka. Kohli's brigade has been thoroughly dominant no this Lankan tour, winning the first Test by 304 runs and the second one by an innings and 53 runs. More importantly, it is India's eighth successive series win. A series of poor results messed by successive injuries to their gloom would no longer be Lanka's memorabilia. The hosts wouldn't have thought to get out so cheaply just ahead of the third Test. It's over now as there is no way for them to comeback. Their injury list kept increasing match after match, in fact innings after innings. They would now require all their available sources to repay the expected if not more. And the biggest challenge for them is to avoid India's first clean sweep in Sri Lanka. The series is already out of Sri Lanka's reach; all that will make them toil in India Vs Sri Lanka 3rd Test is an escape from the near-possible clean sweep, India's first in Sri Lanka. Will they? This has a well-reasoned question mark apparently because they have been off-colored throughout in all the three departments. More to their worries, they will be in the third Test without their key players, including Rangana Herath, Nuwan Pradeep and Danushka Gunathilaka. Will the third Test at Pallekele result in India's first clean sweep in Sri Lanka?
- Telugu Titans' young all-rounder Vishal Bhardwaj, who didn't get many chances to prove his worth last season, is doing wonder now. Just incredible, Vishal has taken 19 points in 7 matches so far, and all the points came as a result of successful tackles. More interestingly, he is leading the table with most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 5 at present. Vishal has emerged as one of Titans' star performers along with Rahul Chaudhary. While Rahul is leading Titans' attack, Vishal takes up the responsibility in defense above the likes of his Rakesh Kumar and other established defenders in the squad. In the season so far, Vishal has been Telugu's driving force in defence. Not many would have thought a newcomer to lead the defenders' table with most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 2017, but Vishal has made it come true with his stellar performances one after the other. With most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 2017 so far, Vishal Bhardwaj secures first position. Vishal, in defence, has overshadowed experienced PKL defenders, including Surender Nada and Nilesh Shinde. Calling Vishal an upcoming PKL star is no exaggeration. Ankle hold is one of his most deadly weapons he uses when the raider comes in his range. And most of his ankle-hold attempts result in a tackle point. He has been impressive in the league so far and is supposed to end the season with most tackle points. Will Vishal Bhardwaj get most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League 2017?
- Every CPL edition, from first to fourth, has seen Chris Gayle at his brutal best with bat. Hard as nails when comes to bat, Gayle had been Jamaica Tallawahs' precious gem before being bought by St Kitts and Nevis Patriots this season. The West Indies explosive opener has had some wonderful records to his name in the CPL history. And interestingly, he ended all the three previous seasons in top three as the highest run scorer. 2015 edition was arguably his individual best as he finished it top of the batsmen's table with 430 runs, which also includes a smashing century. Don't you think Gayle can become the leading run scorer in CPL 2017 as well? Chris Gayle's runs in Caribbean Premier League count 1533 now. All that he took to reach the mark is 45 CPL innings. To begin with the opening season, Chris Gayle staked up 234 runs in 9 innings. The next season (2014) went even better for the power hitter as it gave him 363 runs in 11 innings. Gayle's hailstorm continued in the next two seasons as well, which he finished 1st and 3rd respectively as the most run getter. In 2015, he piled up 430 runs in 10 innings at a strike rate of 160 plus and an average of near 161. Last year, he scored 425 runs and finished third on the batsmen's table. Just numbers are enough to speak how destructive he has been throughout for the opponents. Chris Gayle has been instrumental to Tallawahs' top four finishes each season. With consistency and power hitting being his strength, Gayle stands good chances to become the leading run scorer in CPL 2017. So far in the league, which is underway, Gayle has staked 81 runs in 2 innings at an average of 81. In Patriots' second game, Gayle smashed a brilliant half-century helping the side record their second consecutive victory. Will Chris Gayle become the leading run scorer in Caribbean Premiere League 2017?
- Captaining Trinbago Knight Riders since the opening CPL season (2013), Dwayne John Bravo brings spark to any game with his stroke-play out in the middle. Bravo oozes perfection and class also when bowls. Quick on field, the versatile all-round gives his hundred percent combining his explosive batting, exuberant medium-fast bowling and spirited fielding. When predicting the leading wicket taker in CPL 5, Dwayne Bravo is the name that hits one's mind in the first place. With Bravo comes abundant of experience to the side he plays with. And Trinbago Knight Riders have been indebted of Bravo's fantastic bowling efforts for a couple of seasons now. The last two CPL editions witnessed the buoyant Caribbean all-rounder doing wonder with ball. He ended both seasons each top of bowlers' chart picking up 28 and 21 wickets respectively. Bravo's 28 wickets in CPL 2015 edition powered his team to the title win. Bravo stands good chance to become the leading wicket taker in Caribbean Premier League 2017 as well given the start he has got as a bowler. Crowned twice as the most wicket taker in CPL history, Bravo has got an emphatic start to the fresh season (2017) both as a captain and as a bowler. As a captain, he has won his first two games. However, as a bowler, he has taken 4 wickets so far. In the season's opener, he bagged two wickets at an economy of 5.75. When against Lucia Stars in Trinbago's second game, he again grabbed two wickets. Positioned 5th as a bowler at present with 4 wickets in two matches, Bravo has much more to put on display in the upcoming matches. And this would be for the third time if Bravo becomes leading wicket taker in Caribbean Premier League 2017. Will Dwayne Bravo become the leading wicket taker for the third time in Caribeean Premiere League?
- Filling up the void of world's best spinner and the leading all-rounder is not going to be any easy for Chinaman spinner Kuldeep Yadav, one who got a call up as the back-up spinner but got no chance to feature the playing XI. Now, Ravindra Jadeja's suspension comes as a welcoming opportunity to the left-arm wrist spinner. If selected as Ravindra Jadeja's replacement for SL third Test, Kuldeep will have some big shoes to fill. Ravindra Jadeja has been instrumental both with bat and ball to India's each Test win over the years. He is a precious gem for India as he provides the side with great balance, particularly in the longest format. Not to speak of his matchless bowling, Jadeja can give a quick 50-60 anytime at any stage of the game, remarkably not just when the top and middle order is doing well. He can bat in pressure situations as well. Remember Jadeja's 57-ball 68 in the Lord's Test, which helped India win the match by 95 runs. Also, in Dharamshala Test against Australia, Jadeja scored 63 in crunch situation and helped his side go 300 past in the first innings. He again came up with a fabulous 90 against England in Mohali. Jadeja's combined efforts have made him the world's best Test bowler and all-rounder at present. So, matching the standards of such a valuable bowling all-rounder is by all means an uphill task to do for Chinaman spinner Kuldeep Yadav, who is most likely to join the playing XI as Ravindra Jadeja's replacement for SL third Test. Kuldeep had got a chance earlier if India would have gone with the third spinner along with Ashwin and Jadeja in the first two Tests. But, nothing of that sort actually happened. India stuck with the same bowling combination; three pacers and two spinners. And yes, they validated their decision securing an innings win in Colombo. Now, Jadeja has been suspended for the third Test at Pallekele. Kuldeep Yadav is likely to come in as Ravindra Jadeja's replacement for SL third Test. The wrist spinner has played just one Test, in which he took 4 wickets. Also, he has had some impressing limited-over outings. Let's see how he fares with his role in the last Test against Sri Lanka. Will Kuldeep Yadav be able to match Jadeja's lofty standards?
- Leading run scorer in SL Vs IND Test series: On this Lanka tour, India is doing what they are known to do with bat. The visitors are enjoying batting-friendly tracks on Lankan soil. Two consecutive stellar performances led India past 600 score in the first innings of both Tests each. And the credit goes to the batsmen. They are now in a strong position certainly away from the fear of series loss. Every Indian batsman, from top to bottom, is well up to the mark with their assigned role. And those, who have got the spotlight, are Cheteshwar Pujara, Shikhar Dhawan and Ajinkya Rahane. All the three teammates are now in a race to become the highest run scorer in Sri Lanka Vs India Test series. Undergoing a tremendous for months now, Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan has seen a massive bounce in his strike rate (109.13), slightly less than double of his career's SR (64). More a sprint, Dhawan's marathon 190 in the first Innings of opening Test handed India a clinical win over the hosts. Adding 14 and 35 more to his individual total in the next two innings, Dhawan has now reached 2nd with 239 runs. Given the form he is undergoing at present, the southpaw stands good chances to finish as the leading run scorer in SL Vs IND Test series. Cheteshwar Pujara's fluent 153 and 133 in the first innings of both Tests each make him the front-runner of highest run scorer in Sri Lanka Vs India Test series. Pujara got the credit of India's first win along with Dhawan. In the first match, he amassed 253 runs with in-form Dhawan for the second wicket, more importantly completing his 12th century. Moving into the next Test in Colombo, India's number three batsman smashed another well-calculated ton (133). Way ahead of others on the runs count, Pujara has piled up 313 runs in three innings so far and is leading the table. Another Indian batsman to post a century in the series so far, Ajinkya Rahane, too, got into India's mission 3-0, although in the second Test. After a brilliant half-century (57) in the opening Test, Rahane came up with a top-notch hundred (132) in the next game to contribute his part to India's another potential win. Rahane is third on the batsmen's table with 212 runs. Averaging 106, the most by any batsman in the series so far, Rahane has more to put on display in the forthcoming innings. Who will become the leading run scorer in SL Vs IND Test series 2017?
- Studded with some of the most buoyant raiders, Telugu Titans squad in Pro Kabaddi League season 5 ushered in as the best raiding unit, but woes to defense have done enough damage to their precursor image. The attack, which is considered to be Telugu's strength in the ongoing season, has not played up the mark as of now. Nor has the defense been supportive to Telugu Titans' captain in PKL season 5. Both attack and defense share equal credit to Titans' deplorable run in the league so far. Playing under Rahul Chaudhary, Telugu Titans move into their 6th game at the back of four consecutive losses. They began their campaign with a spectacular 32-27 win over Tamil Thalaivas. But, it was their first win and of course the last for the time being as their journey ahead has been rather forgettable. Successive losses to Patna Pirates, Bengaluru Bulls, UP Yoddha and Bengal Warriors have made Titans' way to the playoff way more difficult. From here on, quick turnaround is what can recuperate their spoilage. Rahul Chaudhary, the Telugu Titans' captain in PKL season 5 will have a lot on his shoulder to get his time out of the tough time. Slump in class, form and intent have been the reasons to their plight. They are now in desperate need of a couple of wins to get back on their feet. Now in the upcoming matches, Telugu Titans squad in Pro Kabaddi League season 5 will be heavily relying on their captain Rahul Chaudhary, who comes with the art to turn the corner. Can Telugu Titans fight back hard to ease their way to the playoffs in PKL season 5?
- Manjeet Chillar's addition to Jaipur Pink Panthers' squad must have strengthened both their attack and defense. A flamboyant all-rounder to have most tackle points (196) and most successful tackles (189) to his name in the PKL history, Manjeet comes in the fifth edition of the league as Jaipur's most expensive buy. Undoubtedly, he is a daring warrior on the mat. If you don't believe, just look at Manjeet Chillar's stats in the PKL history. Manjeet got the limelight in the very first season of Pro Kabaddi league, wherein he scored 51 tackle points and deservingly won the best defender award. He finished the season with a total 122 points, including 71 raid points. Also the MVP (Most Valuable Player) laureate, Manjeet Chillar bagged a total of 107 points in the second edition and remarkably 39 out of which were the result of successful tackles. He left an unfading impression in the first two seasons of Pro Kabaddi League. Apart from this, he had been the driving force of Pune's top-4 finish in the last two editions. An all-encompassing look at Manjeet Chillar's stats in PKL history, which includes a total of 404 points in 60 matches, depicts how valuable all-rounder he has been in the league so far. Given the figures above, his ability to score most tackle points in VIVO Pro Kabaddi League season 5 goes beyond doubt. True to his potential, Manjeet is agile and quick when in attack. With speed, hand touches, kicks and quick jumps being the weapons of choice in his quiver, Manjeet has become a real gem over the years in the Kabaddi arena. However, in defense, he uses his well-built frame, ankle holds and blocks against the raiders to hunt them successfully. Manjeet stands good chances to end with most tackle points in VIVO Pro Kabaddi League season 5. Doesn't he? This is up to your guessing. Will Manjeet Chillar score most tackle points in VIVO Pro Kabaddi League season 5?
- Rahul Chadhaury, the first man to reach 500 raid points in the history of Pro Kabaddi League, has got a thundering start to the fresh season as a raider. The poster boy set the mega milestone in Telugu Titans' 3rd match against Bengaluru Bulls, wherein he scored a total of 4 raid points. The feat has entitled him 'The Raiding Machine'. Earlier in the season's opener, Rahul bagged his 25th Super 10. And interestingly all the 10 points came as a result of successful raids. When facing Patna Pirates in the second game, Rahul came up with another stellar performance, but couldn't lead his side to the coveted win. So far in the league that is underway, Rahul has bagged a total of 21 points including 18 raid points in 3 matches. Not daunting though, these numbers keep Rahul top of the raiders' table for the time being. Yet to play 19 matches before the playoffs, Rahul Chaudhary in all likelihood can become the best raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5, provided he continues with the lethal form he has shown so far. We have no reason to doubt Rahul's class and ability to claim the award. If you have, just have a look at the feats and figures he comes with in the league. Arguably one of the most consistent raiders in the PKL history, Rahul Chaudhary has had four successful seasons to his name. He won the most valuable player (MVP) award in the first PKL edition by dint of his 151 raid points. He finished the season with a total of 161 points. Second and third seasons got him a total of 107 and 99 points, which included 87 and 98 raid points respectively. In the last season, Rahul again reached 150-point mark and was deservingly rewarded as the most the best raider for his 146 raid points. Going into the 5th season, just at the outset, Rahul Chaudhary becomes the first man to reach 500 raid points in the PKL history. 400 successful raids, which include 25 Super 10s and 15 Super raids, glorify Rahul's exceptional raiding ability and resounding success he has achieved in Pro Kabaddi League. More often than not, Rahul is seen bridging the gap between defeat and win. With agility and speed being his strength as a raider, Rahul has all the makings to become the best raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5. In the ongoing PKL edition, Rahul has showed the signs of his brutal form. With a of total 21 in 3 matches so far, Rahul stands top of the table as a raider. Will Rahul Chaudhary win the best raider award in Pro Kabaddi League season 5?
- Sri Lanka Vs India second Test, match preview: Having been overpowered by India in the first Test, Sri Lankan team now seeks remedy to come competitive in the rest of the series. Is there any? Well, nothing less than a win in the second Test would work to get them out of the dire state they have been in for a while now. Lanka has much to ponder in the coming few days, particularly during the second Test as it would decide their further survival in the three-match series. The gulf in Lankan class and ability were apparently visible in the first Test, which they lost by 304 runs just inside four days. Moreover, injuries to key players, including Asela Gunaratne who left the match midway and Rangana Herath who didn't bat in the second innings due to injured middle finger, add to their woes. This is not the end; struggles for Sri Lanka lie ahead of the Colombo Test. Now, fast bowler Suranga Lakmal is the latest addition to Lanka's injury list. Odds are there to scale up Lanka's struggle, but the good thing is that they have got back Dinesh Chandimal who missed the first Test due to Pneumonia. Lahiru Thirimanne and Lakshan Sandakan are likely to get a call-up in place of Gunaratne and Lakmal. Sri Lanka squad for Colombo Test could be as Dinesh Chandimal, Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Dilruwan Perera, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara and Lakshan Sandakan. All that India did in the Galle Test was much expected. They won the match with a huge margin of 304 runs. Having comfortably won the match, team India is now 1-0 up in the series and looks confident to extend the lead. With every player coming promising with his assigned role, Virat Kohli won't be entertaining changes in the winning squad. However, KL Rahul's recovery from seasonal flue could make him churn about a change in the opening slot. With a couple of opening options available in their arsenal, visitors face selection dilemma ahead of Sri Lanka Vs India second Test, commencing on July 3rd at SSC. Indian opener KL Rahul, who missed Galle Test due to ill health, is now set to make a comeback. But, the question is whom will he replace in the second Test? While Shikhar Dhawa notched a match-winning 190, the incumbent Abhinav Mukund drafted a well-fought 81 in the second innings. It would be surprising if KL Rahul replace Mukund. Indian squad for Sri Lanka 2nd Test is likely to be as Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav/Hardik Pandya, Umesh Yadav and Mohammed Shami. Will Sri Lanka fight back in the second Test against India at SSC Colombo?
- U Mumba Squad and Fixtures for PKL 2017 A stellar raiding unit, U Mumba had been fluent throughout making it to the PKL final thrice and winning the title once in 2015. However, a dismal 4th season, which they finished fifth, came as a woe to their spotless image. The only PKL team to make 3 out of 4 final appearances, U Mumba now looks keen to go the distance under the leadership of captain cool, Anup Kumar. Anup Kumar and his men will move into the tournament with a solid attack as ever. Their attack, which features the likes of Captain Anup Kumar, Kashiling Adake, Shabeer Bapu and Nitin Madane, is what makes U Mumba favorites in Pro Kabaddi League 2017. However, what may halt their progress to becoming the title winner this season is their defense, which doesn't look that good on paper. U Mumba squad for Pro Kabaddi League 2017 U Mumba would be happy with Anup Kumar's retention in the squad. Moreover, they have retained Kashiling Adake, Nitin Madane and Shabeer Bappu, arguably some of the most dangerous raiders of league. Their raid points pose a threat to the opponent's camp. To begin with Anup Kumar, he has earned 377 raid points in 57 matches. Kashiling Adake is also not less, in fact better Anup on the points count. His numbers (380 raid points in 52 matches) are just phenomenon. Nitin Madane, another key raider for Mumbai, revels in 152 raid points in just 25 matches. Shabeer Bapu stands 4th on the points count with 149 raid points in 42 matches. Apart from just being a good raiding side, U Mumba has some good defenders too. In the defense, U Mumba will rely a lot on D. Suresh Kumar, Joginder Narwal and Kuldeep Singh. U Mumba squad for PKL 2017 features Anup Kumar (Raider), Kashiling Adake (Raider), Nitin Madane (Raider), Shabeer Bapu (Raider), Darshan (Raider), Shrikant Jadhav (Raider), Mohan Raman G (Raider), Sachin Kumar (Defender), D. Suresh Kumar (Defender), Joginder Narwal (Defender), Surender Singh (Defender), N Renjith (Defender), Hadi Oshtorak (All-Rounder), Yongjoo Ok (All-Rounder), Dongju Hong (All-Rounder), Kuldeep Singh (All-Rounder), Shiv Om (All-Rounder) and E. Subhash (All-Rounder). U Mumba's fixtures in PKL season 5 is as follows: Jul 28 - U Mumba vs Puneri Paltan July 30 - U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers Aug 5 - U Mumba vs Dabang Delhi Aug 11 - Gujarat Fortunegiants vs U Mumba Aug 18 - UP Yodha vs U Mumba Aug 19 - Telugu Titans vs U Mumba Aug 25 - U Mumba vs Jaipur Pink Panthers Aug 26 - U Mumba vs Puneri Pultan Aug 27 - U Mumba vs Dabang Delhi Aug 29 - U Mumba vs Gujarat Fortunegiants Aug 30 - U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers Aug 31 - U Mumba vs Jaipur Pink Panthers Sep 6 - Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba Sep 9 - Patna Pirates vs U Mumba Sep 15 - U Mumba vs Gujarat Fortunegiants Sep 22 - Dabang Delhi vs U Mumba Sep 28 - Bengaluru Bulls vs U Mumba Oct 1 - Tamil Thalaivas vs U Mumba Oct 4 - U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers Oct 7 - Jaipur Pink Panthers vs U Mumba Oct 14 - Puneri Paltan vs U Mumba. What makes U Mumba favorites in Pro Kabaddi League season 5?
- Patna Pirates Fixtures & Squad in PKL season 5 A team of known youngsters that rose to glory winning both the previous seasons (3rd and 4th) in a row, Patna Pirates come into the fresh season as an established powerhouse. In the first two seasons, Pirates couldn't manage to go past the semifinal. But, the third edition saw them at their brutal best as they went undefeated in the first 10 matches paving their way to the playoffs easily. In the final against contemporary defending champions U Mumba, they stormed through to a 14-point win. For Pirates, nothing much changed in the 4th edition as well. The repeated the history beating Jaipur Pink Panthers (37-29) in the final. Flashbacks of the last two seasons, which saw Pirates yanking from obscurity to stardom, stiffen their chances to win Pro Kabaddi League season 5 for the third time. Patna Pirates squad for PKL 2017 Dressed in green, the double defending champions have retained their star raider Pardeep Narwal, one who had been their cohesive source of support and stability in the attack. Now, he will be seen playing dual rules. Apart from being the key raider, Narwal will be seen leading the side this season. Although his raiding abilities are exceptional and well-know, it would be fascinating to see how he fares with the new role assigned to him. Pardeep became the most emerging and most valuable player in 3rd and 4th seasons respectively. Patna Pirates constitutes a strong squad with Vishal Mane becoming Pradeep's deputy. Monu Goyat, who has 59 raid points in a mere of 13 matches, will share the raiding responsibilities along with Captain Pardeep Narwal. Goyat's addition to the squad certainly strengthens Pirates' attack. However in defense, they have the likes of Sachin Shingade who has got 72 tackle points in 30 matches. Patna Pirates full squad for PKL 2017 features. Pardeep Narwal (Raider), Vishal Mane (Defender), Monu Goyat (Raider), Vijay (Raider), Md. Zakir Hossain (Raider), Vikas Jaglan (Raider), Vishnu Uthaman (Raider), Jaideep (Defender), Vinod Kumar (Raider), Sachin Shingade (Defender), Sandeep (Defender), Satish Kumar (Defender), Manish Kumar (Defender), Virender Singh (Defender), Arvind Kumar (All Rounder), Jawahar (All Rounder), Mohammad Maghsoudlou (All Rounder) and Parveen Birwal (All Rounder). Patna Pirates fixtures in PKL season 5 is as follows: Jul 29 - Telugu Titans vs Patna Pirates Aug 3 - Telugu Titans vs Patna Pirates Aug 6 - Bengaluru Bulls vs Patna Pirates Aug 13 - Patna Pirates vs Up Yodha Aug 20 - Patna Pirates vs Puneri Paltan Aug 25 - Bengal Warriors vs Patna pirates Aug 26 - Patna Pirates vs Tamil Thalaivas Sep 1 - Bengal Warriors vs Patna Pirates Sep 5 - Patna Pirates vs Jaipur Pink Panthers Sep 8 - Haryana Steelers vs Patna Pirates Sep 9 - Patna Pirates vs U Mumba Sep 15 - Patna Pirates vs Telugu Titans Sep 16 - Patna Pirates vs UP Yodha Sep 17 - Patna Pirates vs Bengal Warriors Sep 19 - Patna Pirates vs Bengaluru Bulls Sep 20 - Patna Pirates vs Tamil Thalaivas Sep 21 - Patna Pirates vs UP Yodha Sep 26 - Dabang Delhi, Patna Pirates Sep 29 - Gujarat Fortunegiants bs Patna pirates Oct 14 - Tamil Thalaivas vs Patna Pirates Oct 18 - Patna Pirates vs Bengaluru Bulls. Will Patna Pirates be able to win 3rd PKL title on the trot?
- England Vs South Africa 3rd Test, match prediction: With both the teams managing to win one game each, the four-match Test series has come to an interesting point. While England was incredibly dominant in the opening game at Lord's, Africa made a strong comeback in the second Test at Trent Bridge. Much of Africa's success in the second match was the result of an incredible team performance and Faf du Plessis' captaincy. Having comprehensively won the second Test by 340 runs, the visitors are now keen to get an unassailable 2-0 lead over England. The Proteas put up an exceptional show at Trent Bridge, but it's always difficult for a visiting side to continue the momentum in a foreign land. The series is now tied at 1-1 and both the teams are eyeing to convert their performance into victory. Despite having home advantage with them, England at Kennington Oval will be on the back foot. Why? England has not been impressive in Oval, particularly for the last two years. They lost their last two Tests at the venue; once when Australia crushed them by an innings and 46 runs in 2015, and secondly when Pakistan slaughtered them by 10 wickets in 2016. Last time, Africa and England played a Test at Kennington where Africa won by and innings and 12 runs. Given their dreadful record at the venue, visitors have an edge over the hosts in England Vs South Africa 3rd Test. South Africa is likely to make one change to the squad that emerged victorious at Trend Bridge. And the change could be Kagiso Rabada, who missed the second Test due to excesses of demerit points. Rabada's return to the squad would be a big bonus for the visitors. The pace spearhead is likely to replace Duanne Olivier in the third Test starting on July 27 in Oval, London. So, South Africa will take on England with Rabada's boost in third Test. South Africa's playing XI for Kennington Test is likely to be as: Faf du Plessis(c), Dean Elgar, Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Heino Kuhn, Keshav Maharaj, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Vernon Philander and Kagiso Rabada. Injuries to key players add to England's worries. They seek a couple of changes with Gary Balance and Mark Wood getting injured ahead of the third Test. Toby Roland-Jones will replace Mark Wood, who suffered a heel injury during the second Test. The Middlesex fast bowler will make his debut at Oval. However for Gary Balance's replacement, England has included Tom Westley and Dawid Malan in the 13-men squad. The Essex batsman Tom Westley in all likelihood will replace Balance. England's playing XI for the third Test against SA is as: Joe Root(c), Alastair Cook, Keaton Jennings, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Stuart Broad, Liam Dawson, Dawid Malan/Tom Westley, James Anderson and Toby Roland-Jones. Who will get an unassailable 2-1 lead in England Vs South Africa 3rd Test?
- Sri Lanka Vs India first Test, match preview: After a successful Caribbean tour, team India is now set to stem Sri Lanka in a three-match Test series starting from July 26. The opener of the series will be played at Galle, where both the teams have their own pros and cons. While the home side is having a reasonably wonderful Test record in Galle, India will eye to coat their dreadful record at the venue. India has won only one of four Tests played between two sides in Galle. The only win that India clinched at the venue came nine years ago in 2008. Lanka has been incredibly dominant in Galle with three wins in four Tests, and surprisingly two of them in 2001 and 2010 were all the more comprehensive. Now, ahead of Sri Lanka Vs India first Test, the home side will be keen to retain their Test sovereignty in Galle. But, it appears to be a big deal for a relatively weak Lankan side. This Indian team is certainly undergoing transition phase with a slew of experienced players being replaced for injury, and Ravi Shastri joining the squad as new head coach in place of Anil Kumble who quit the position under some questionable circumstances. Nonetheless, they look in a groundbreaking form having comprehensively won a long home season. Even if the resounding success came in the comfort of home, 12 wins in 17 Tests over a period of last two years or so fairly resonate that India is more than ready for challenges abroad. India has good bench strength too with Abhinav Mukund and Rohit Sharma coming in as handy batting options at their respective top and middle-order slots. While the tracks in Galle is supposed to be a spin paradise, Kuldeep Yadav or Hardi Pandya stand good chances to play as the fifth bowler in the squad. However, what could be a barrier to India's success in Sri Lanka Vs India first Test is ailment to key openers like Murali Vijay and KL Rahul. India's playing XI for first Test against Lanka is likely to be as Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Wriddhiman Saha (w), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Umesh Yadav. Will India coat their dreadful Test record in Galle vanquishing Sri Lanka in the first Test?
- Leicestershire NatWest T20 2017 Schedules & Fixtures Considering their nightmarish fates in the last three seasons, wherein they couldn't even manage to tower second from the bottom, Leicestershire signed up NatWest 2017 edition as the least-rated side to win the title. Barely two weeks into the tournament has the team changed millions predictions that once neglected them largely for many obvious reasons. Now in a comfortable position with three wins in the first three games, Leicestershire began on a higher note than expected. What a start Leicestershire has got off to their NatWest T20 2017 campaign this year! They sit top of the table at present on the back of three consecutive wins; the first that was a worthy of their laudable batting efforts, the second that seemed much easier in the chase, and the third that reflected their true bowling dominance. It's no less than a fairy-tale start for Leicestershire squad in NatWest T20 Blast 2017. Leicestershire cleared their intent in their very first clash chasing down a decent 174-run target against Lancashire at the loss of 7 wickets. The win infused them with a lot of confidence. Going into their next game against Worcestershire, the side showcased a lethal bowling display that was well supported by their batsmen in the chase. Leicestershire chased 149 with 5 down and also 9 balls to spare thus beating Worcestershire by 5 wickets. On a track that was more a bowlers' paradise, Leicestershire panned out another success story defending moderate a 147-run total against Warwickshire. Up and about with 6 points in three games, Leicestershire has seen all their players in form. Leicestershire squad in NatWest T20 Blast 2017 includes Clint McKay (c), Aadil Ali, Gavin Griffiths, Mark Cosgrove, Ned Eckersley, Luke Ronchi, Colin Ackermann, Lewis Hill, Cameron Delport, Callum Parkinson, Mathew Pillans, Dieter Klein, David Sayer and Tom Wells. Leicestershire NatWest T20 2017 schedules is as follows: Jul 09, Sun - Lancashire vs Leicestershire, Liverpool Jul 14, Fri - Worcestershire vs Leicestershire, Worcester Jul 16, Sun - Warwickshire vs Leicestershire, Birmingham Jul 20, Thu - Durham vs Leicestershire, Chester-le-Street Jul 21, Fri - Leicestershire vs Northamptonshire, Leicester Jul 25, Tue - Leicestershire vs Warwickshire, Leicester Jul 28, Fri - Leicestershire vs Durham, Leicester Jul 30, Sun - Derbyshire vs Leicestershire, Derby Aug 02, Wed - Leicestershire vs Nottinghamshire, Leicester Aug 04, Fri - Leicestershire vs Lancashire, Leicester Aug 11, Fri - Northamptonshire vs Leicestershire, Northampton Aug 12, Sat - Leicestershire vs Yorkshire, Leicester Aug 17, Thu - Leicestershire vs Derbyshire, Leicester Aug 18, Fri - Nottinghamshire vs Leicestershire, Nottingham. Will Leicestershire capitalize on the good start to make it to the knockouts in NatWest T20 Blast 2017?