PV Sindhu in CRPF
Will CRPF's proposal to designate PV Sindhu as commandant be approved by the ministry of home affairs?
Question in detailPV Sindhu in CRPF will soon get the honorary rank of commandant. The accolades have yet not stopped for the Rio silver medalist PV Sindhu. After being honored by the Khel Ratna award, PV Sindhu has now been recommended for the honorary rank of Commandant in India's prestigious force CRPF. Other than this, CRPF has proposed Sindhu to designate as its brand ambassador. India's largest paramilitary force has sent a proposal to the ministry of home affairs (MHA) as well for the same. If MHA approves CRPF's proposal to appoint the ace badminton player PV Sindhu as commandant, the silver medalist will be honored the rank badges at a ceremonial event as her remuneration of Rio success.
True, PV Sindhu in CRPF can be ranked both as a Commandant and as a brand ambassador of the country's largest paramilitary force. Official sources have confirmed that the MHA too has given a quick nod for CRPF's proposal. So, get ready to see PV Sindhu as commandant in Central Reserve Police force (CRPF).
Will CRPF's proposal to designate PV Sindhu as commandant be approved by the ministry of home affairs?
- West Indies Vs India first ODI: Both the teams have points to prove with expectations mounting high and opportunities falling low. While Windies couldn't even make it to the Champions Trophy earlier this bilateral ODI series, India has flown to WI at the back of a woeful facer against Pakistan in the CT final. Well, this is just a matter of time that the team, who was once everyone's favorite nearly a week ago, will now be seen fighting to recuperate their reputation. Not to surprise, this happens in the cricketing world. There are apparently double thoughts about how India will fare in the five-match ODI series and the lone T20 against West Indies. While some people will be questioning India's true potential, the others are still hopeful of India's massive success on this West Indies tour. The hypothesis, which assesses team India slightly less capable of leaving a statement on this Caribbean tour, has been built up around India's nightmarish finish to their CT campaign. Despite the woes to their deplorable ending to the Champions Trophy, India are favorites in West Indies Vs India first ODI. West Indies will be challenging team India with only two centurions in their squad. And that will worry them a little. India, on the other hand, will certainly miss two of their key players: Yorker specialist Jaspreet Bumrah and opener Rohit Sharma. Rishabh Pant and Kuldeep Yadav will be seen making their ODI debut if given a chance in the playing XI. Windies squad for the first two ODIs would remain the same as it was against Afganistan in the two-match ODI series. For the first two ODI, the hosts have named an unchanged squad that played against Afganistan in June. WI's premier pacer Shannon Gabriel will miss the series due to a side strain, which he suffered during the second ODI against Afganistan. Miguel Cummins has joined the squad as Gabriel's replacement. Windies squad for the first two ODIs is as: Jason Holder (C), Jonathan Carter, Roston Chase, Devendra Bishoo, Miguel Cummins, Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Shai Hope (wk), Jason Mohammad, Kieran Powell, Rovman Powell, Ashley Nurse, Kesrick Williams. Who is your favorite in WI Vs India 1st ODI at Queen's Park Oval?
- In the cricketing alleyway, the news of the day is Rishabh Pant and Kuldeep Yadav's selection for WI tour. While everyone is busy watching India Vs Bangladesh 2nd semifinal at Edgbaston, BCCI announces Indian squad for West Indies tour 2017, which comprises of 5 ODIs and lone T20. The 15-men squad features two new faces: Rishabh Pant and Kuldeep Yadav. Largely expected, Rishabh Pant's inclusion comes at the back of his ostentatious form, which he has continued for over the last one year. Pant had been impressive in the Under-19 World Cup last year in Bangladesh where he scored 267 runs in 6 innings at an average of 44.50. Thereafter, he carried his form in the domestic season and also in the just concluded IPL edition. Another man to join Indian squad for West Indies tour 2017 is Chainaman spinner Kuldeep Yadav, who impressed the selectors with his fantastic bowling performance in IPL 2017. Kuldeep has been roped in to serve his national side. So, Rishabh Pant and Kuldeep Yadav selection for WI tour doesn't come as a surprise. Dinesh Kartik, who is also a part of the national side in the ongoing Champions Trophy, has been retained as the standby wicket-keeper. However, MSD is likely to take the responsibility with gloves behind the wickets. Kohli & Co. will be without Rohit Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah, who have been rested for the entire bilateral Caribbean series. In Rohit Sharma's absence, Rishabh Pant is likely to open Indian innings alongside Shikhar Dhawan. Also, Rishabh will be the third wicket-keeping option after Dhoni and Karthik. BCCI also emphasized that the administrative staff will remain the same, meaning Anil Kumble will stay Indian coach for the next assignment as well. Indian squad for West Indies tour 2017 is as: Virat Kohli (C), Rishabh Pant, Shikhar Dhawan, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), Ajinkya Rahane, Yuvraj Singh, Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin, Kedar Jadhav, R Jadja, Mohd. Shami, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Dinesh Karthik, Umesh Yadav. Will Rishabh Pant and Kuldeep Yadav prove worthy of selectors' expectations on India's tour of West Indies 2017?
- The golden bat race has got the acceleration with ICC Champions Trophy 2017 reaching its business end just one match to go to declare the title winner. Those who have high prospects to claim the golden bat award in CT 2017 are three Indians, including Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli. Since Bangladesh and England have met their fate ahead of the CT final, Tamim Iqbal and Joe Root, despite being 3rd and 4th respectively, stand no chance to surpass these three Indians on the run count. Shikhar Dhawan Shikhar Dhawan loves affairs with ICC events, whether be it Wrold Cup, T20 WC or Champions Trophy. Dhwawn has made the CT 2017 his own scoring 317 runs in 4 innings. In reaching the 300-run mark, the southpaw Indian opener hit two half-centuries and one century. What's more, he added an unprecedented record to his name; he became the fastest to touch 1000-run mark in ICC ODI events after Sachin Tendulkar. In addition to this, Dhawan has amassed 680 runs in all editions of Champions Trophy. With this, he broke Sourav Ganguly's record of 665 runs in all CT editions. All he took to reach 680 runs is 9 innings. Undergoing purple patch at present, Dhawan is very much close to his second consecutive golden bat award in CT 2017. Rohit Sharma Another batsman to potentially become the winner of golden bat in Champions Trophy 2017 is another Indian opener Rohit Sharma. One of the 9 centurions, Rohit hit his form right before the tournament began. He is just 13 runs short to surpass the table-topper Shikhar Dhawan. Rohit has stacked up 304 runs in 4 innings at an average of 101.33 and a strike rate of 87.61. The 30-year old Indian opener climbed 2nd spot at the back of 2 half-centuries, and 1 unbeaten century in the semifinal game against Bangladesh. Virat Kohli Indian Captain Virat Kohli has slammed 3 unbeaten fifties in the tournament so far. Placed 5th at present on the batsmen chart, but the margin of runs between the table-topper and his respective position is really less. It won't be a surprise if Kohli bridges the gap in the next match. All he would take to top the table is one big knock, and that doesn't look a big deal for the run machine. As of now, Kohli has scored 253 runs in 4 innings at a scary average of 253 and a strike rate of 100.40. Given his numbers that really scare off, Kohli can also not be overlooked as the winner of golden bat in Champions Trophy 2017. Who out of Dhawan, Rohit and Virat will claim the GOLDEN BAT award in CT 2017?
- India Vs Pakistan CT 2017 final: Bullish India gets geared to relive the feel, thrill and of course the victory faded beneath dust in the history pages. It was 2007 when the two Asian cricket giants locked horns in an ICC's title clash T20 World Cup. India was favorites then and now as well. Pakistan would be cautious of India's terrible top-order, which has been decimating throughout the tournament across conditions and against teams. Not surprisingly, the top two spots on the batsmen's chart are robustly occupied by both the Indian openers, Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma respectively. Virat Kohli has also been ruthless with a scarcely credible mark of 253 in CT 2017. He comfortably sits 5th at the back of his brutal batting display that features three unbeaten half-centuries. When talking about Pakistan, they have done wonders with the ball, apparently because two of their bowlers Hasan Ali and Juaid Khan secure a spot each in the top 5 as the most wicket takers. So, the least we can expect to watch in the Champions Trophy 2017 final is a tough rivalry between the two sides, or say it would be India's batting Vs Pakistan's bowling. Team India looks confident to claim their second CT title in a row. Pakistan, on the other hand, would be eyeing to make the most of their maiden appearance in Champions Trophy final. Pakistan's last four success have been impressive they made their way to the final beating top-ranked Africa, Lanka in the virtual quarter-final and previously unbeaten hosts England in the semifinal. The way India has batted in the tournament must have dented Pakistan mentally, to some extent if not wholly. India is now keen to finish the things off the way they started it with a thrashing win over the same rival that will contest them in the last battle (Champions Trophy 2017 final). Apart from just batting and bowling, India Vs Pakistan CT 2017 final has lot more to put on display the war of words (sledging) that remains center stage in head-to-head clashes, stigma of defeat, and yes the reward of win. Will Team India crush Pakistan to defend the ICC Champions Trophy title?
- India Vs Bangladesh 2nd semifinal, Champions Trophy 2017: Obviously India are favorites, but you can't also underestimate Bangladesh. Mortaza's men have been just a little lucky. Yes, they earned their way to the semis beating New Zealand in a close game and that cannot be overlooked. This Bangladesh team is more confident than any other Bangladesh team India has ever contested earlier and that will be very much in their favor. Bangladesh's upsurge as a cricketing country hasn't gone unnoticed over the years. In the meantime, they have faced India on occasions not just in bilateral series but also in ICC's big tournaments. Interestingly, results in head-to-head clashes haven't always necessarily gone to India's favor. There have been times when Bangladesh outplayed India, rarely though. Given the previous records these two neighboring countries mutually share, India has an edge and can certainly most likely have CT 2017 2nd semifinal result in their favor. India Vs Bangladesh 2nd semifinal at Edgbaston is going to be interesting. Factors that tip the scale to India's favor are: Rohit-Dhawan's intimidating form in the top-order, Kohli-Yuvraj's in solidity the middle, and Dhoni-Pandya's explosive finish. These together make India a good batting unit. Not less on the bowling front as well, India has got a decimating bowling combination with pacers getting early breakthroughs and spinners drawing rein in the middle overs. Bangladesh will need a big reshuffle if they want to have ICC Champions Trophy 2017 2nd semifinal result in their favor. Who will get the ticket to final after India Vs Bangladesh 2nd semifinal of ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
- England Vs Pakistan 1st semifinal, Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan makes merry getting off to a fine finish to their group stage fixtures. Riding on two consecutive victories over South Africa and then Sri Lanka, Pakistan gets hailed ending as one of the four semifinalists. And what all worked their way to the only available semis spot is their bowling heroics and yes a bit of luck to their fortune. Not surprisingly, batting has been Pakistan's weaker suit in the tournament so far. Let's take a case of how they made a moderate 237-run chase in the last game against sloppy Sri Lanka. Despite getting a promising start from the openers, Pakistan strangled with quick middle-order collapse. It was Sarfaraz Ahmed and Mohammad Amir's eighth-wicket partnership that helped them cruise through. Now, their progress to the final depends on CT 2017 1st semifinal result. Pakistan doesn't seem to give England a tough fight with this much of batting potential. Bowling could however be their best weapon to take on mighty hosts in England Vs Pakistan 1st semifinal of Champions Trophy 2017. If Pakistan emerges victorious, bowlers will again be their driving force and there is no denying the fact. A smooth sail for the England, a roller-coaster ride for the underdog Pakistan who got the ticket to knockouts in the nick of time; what a tournament it has been until now! The narrative structure of both the semifinalists has been in a stark contrast to each other. England has been clinical throughout the tournament winning all their three group matches. Given their respective ICC Champions Trophy 2017 runs in this edition, England seems to have an edge over Pakistan. We would wonder if CT 2017 1st semifinal result goes in Pakistan's favor. Will Pakistan make it to the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 final beating England?
- Not many would have talked about Shikhar Dhawan's runs in Champions Trophy 2017 ahead of the tournament. But, the southpaw Indian opener has drawn millions eyes to his brilliance. He has played really wonderful cricket in the ongoing CT edition. Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan leads the batsmen chart at present riding on three consecutive fifties in Champions Trophy 2017. His heroics (83-ball 78) in the last match against South Africa earn him a unique record. He became the fastest man in the world to reach 1000-run mark in ICC's ODI tournament. The number of innings he took to reach the milestone is 16, the least by any batsman. With that record, he surpassed master blaster Sachin Tendulkar who took 18 innings to get the feat. Reaching 1000-run mark in least number of innings is a great achievement for Dhawan. Dhawan has been on a continual upsurge through all seasons of Champions Trophy. In the ongoing CT edition, the left-hander has played three consecutive fifty-plus knocks. Shikhar Dhawan's runs in Champions Trophy 2017 have been pivotal to each of India's wins. On Sunday during 192-run chase against South Africa, Shikhar Dhawan scored his 19th ODI half-century, also his 4th of the Champions Trophy. Shikhar Dhawan in likelihood can become the highest run scorer in CT 2017. He has scored 271 runs in 3 innings so far at an average of near 91 and a strike rate of 98.19. He's been just impressive, opening Indian innings all the three times. In India's opening game against Pakistan, Shikhar scored 68 off 65 balls. In the next match against Sri Lanka, he smashed a brilliant ton (125). Not surprisingly, he again came up with an impressive fifty-plus knock in the do-or-die clash against South Africa. His hunger to score doesn't seem to end soon given the form he is undergoing at present. Also, don't surprise if he ends up being the highest run scorer in Champions Trophy 2017. Will Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan end up being most run getter in Champions Trophy 2017?
- Sri Lanka Vs Pakistan, 12th Match, Group B: Two Asian teams are set to contest for the last semis spot in Champions Trophy 2017. Interestingly, both the teams are coming of a theatrical win. While Sri Lanka beat India in a dramatic chase at Kennington Oval, Pakistan embraced the Edgbaston conditions that supported their pacers most to crush top-ranked South Africa. He picture is quite clear now with one group match to go and one team yet to qualify for semifinal. Who? It would be the winner of SL Vs PAK match at Cardiff. Riding on largely unexpected victories, both Lanka and Pakistan are now eyeing a semifinal berth. It's hard to predict which side will win Sri Lanka Vs Pakistan match at Cardiff and will fill the last available semis spot. Well, if the track at Cardiff behaves the way it did at Edgbaston during SA Vs PAK match, Pakistan will have an edge over Lanka. Lanka's chances to win will be reliant on their batting might that onslaught India in their previous match. But, this time, they will have to do it without Kusal Parera as he tore a hamstring during his 47-run innings against India. It will be a big loss to Lanka in the key battle against Pakistan. Pakistan stands equal chances to emerge as the winner of SL Vs PAK match at Cardiff, provided their bowlers take up the charge again. They are likely to play the game with an unchanged squad after a brilliant performance against Proteas. They have little or probably no reason to make a change. Who will win the battle at Cardiff for the last semis spot in Champions Trophy 2017?
- India Vs South Africa, 11th Match, Group B: In the final round of Group B fixtures will be two direct shoot outs for the semifinal slots. Since all the four teams have got 2 points each in their respective columns, the doors to semis are wide open to each of them. On Sunday, Kennington Oval will be hosting one of the two Group B matches India Vs South Africa in ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Both the teams have potential to win the match on a par. But, one who outweighs the other will see direct progress to the semis. We predict the result of IND Vs SA match at Oval to go in India's favor. Who is your favorite? India Vs South Africa match at Oval is going to be like a virtual semifinal the winner will get a direct entry to the semis, and the loser will meet their fate. Africa and India are amongst the teams, largely recommended to qualify for the knockouts ahead of the tournament. But, the irony is that only one of them will qualify for the semis given the current equation on the points table. Who? The result of IND Vs SA match at Oval will introduce us to the first finalists from Group B. India would be disappointed with their last defeat to the underdog Sri Lanka. India batted well, but the woes were their poor bowling efforts that failed to defend a mammoth 322-run target. Lankan batsmen made Indian bowlers toil in their record chase at Kennington Oval. Africa, too, suffered a defeat to Pakistan in their second game. Now, both the teams will be face-to-face in a do-or-die clash on Sunday hoping to emerge victorious. Who will march into the semis after India Vs South Africa match at Oval in ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
- England Vs Australia, 10th Match, Group A: England has marched into the semis ahead of their third game, while Australia is yet to make it. Australia has had two successive washouts to their misfortunes: the one against New Zealand and the other against Bangladesh. And probably that's what has put their Champions Trophy run in a state of jeopardy. This is not the end of the world for Australia. They still have their fate in their hands. Beating England and advancing to the semifinal would be the most simple equation for them. A defeat against England would mean an end of Australia's semifinal prospects. However, if England Vs Australia match at Edgbaston also turns out to be a no-result game, they might be adequately reliant on the previous result between Bangladesh and New Zealand. Australia has the last chance left, and they know the fact well. Aussies will strive hard to turn the result of Eng Vs Aus match in their favor. And yes, they have the potential to do so. England, on the other hand, will eye to continue their winless run in ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Already in the semis, in-form England is likely to pose a threat to unlucky Australia. Will Australia progress to the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 semifinal after beating mighty England?
- New Zealand Vs Bangladesh, 9th Match, Group A: Going into the final round of Group 'A' fixtures, ICC Champions Trophy 2017 will exhibit some nip and tuck cricketing affairs. Up against Black Caps in the key battle, Bangladesh is keen to feed off the familiarity at Sophia Gardens. Both the teams stand a chance for the semifinal qualifications. But, it, by all odds, associates with Australia's defeat against England on coming Saturday. They can dream of a spot in the semis only if Australia loses their last game against England. Bangladesh would be hoping their opener Tamim Iqbal to once again provide early propulsion to the side. And if he repeats his proficiency, Bangladesh can accumulate a good total on the board. Easy or challenging? Their bowlers will define it when they come out to bowl. Bangladesh would also need their middle-order batsmen to back the start they get and the bowlers to come promising. A timely weather intervention against Australia kept Bangladesh's qualification prospects alive. They were four overs away from the elimination, but thanks to the rain that ended the match in a draw thereby giving Bangladesh 1 point. At present, they sit in a pretty good chance to qualify for the semifinal. If they win New Zealand Vs Bangladesh match in Cardiff, they will hope England to beat Australia. In case of a washout, Bangladesh can qualify only if England beats Australia by a big margin. Black Caps will use all their trumps to turn the result of NZ Vs Ban match in Cardiff to their favor. And, this doesn't sound to be big deal for New Zealand. And if they do it, New Zealand's progress to the semifinal will heavily rely on the result of England Vs Australia match on Saturday. There is no other way left for NZ to qualify for the Champions Trophy semifinal 2017. Will Bangladesh feed off familiarity against New Zealand in the key battle at Sophia Gardens?
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017 has seen the English pacer Liam Plunkett at his brutal best. Almost mechanical, Plunkett's front-on action offers him the pace and accuracy needed to pose a threat to the opposition's batting line-up, no matter how devastating it sounds to be. In the tournament's opener, it was Plunkett's heroics with ball that bundled ruthless Bangladesh at 305. He marked the match with 4 wickets. New Zealand, England's next opponents were also not devoid of Plunkett's ravage as he repeated the feat and bagged 4 wickets again. In the tournament so far, Plunkett has picked 8 wickets in two games. So, Plunkett is likely to end up being the most wicket taker in CT 2017. Oppositions are wary of the threat Josh Hazelwood is dignified with. One of Australia's star pacers, Hazelwood brings with him the terror to trouble any batting order. You'll wonder looking at his ODI numbers. In as many as 37 ODIs played, Hazelwood has picked up 62 wickets at a strike rate of 32.44 and an economy of 4.66. He is such a rare talent who enriches Australian pace attack. In the ongoing Champions Trophy, he has left an impression picking 7 wickets in just 2 games. Hazelwood in all likelihood can become the leading wicket taker Champions Trophy 2017. You can't also sideline Adam Milne when predicting the most wicket taker in CT 2017. The young, promising fast bowler from New Zealand is blessed with the ability to scatter any batting line-up. And Champions Trophy 2017 has been a testimony of his relentless bowling assault. Leading third as a bowler at present, Milne has pocketed 5 wickets in 2 matches. South Africa's lead spinner Imran Tahir has set the world on fire with his remarkable bowling figures in limited-over cricket. He barely needs any identification in the cricketing world. The only match he has played in the Champions Trophy 2017 glorifies his ability to pick wickets. Sri Lanka was the team to suffer Tahir's outburst in the tournament. He has bagged 4 wickets in one match at an economy of less than 3.25. It would come as no wonder if Tahir becomes the leading wicket taker in ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Umesh Yadav, too, has the potency to destroy any batting unit. The Indian pace spearhead has seen a continuous upsurge over the years, helping his team get out of the daunting situations at times. In India's first match of Champions Trophy 2017, Yadav didn't let his nation down. He picked up 3 wickets against Pakistan and played his part in India's first victory. At present, Umesh Yadav has the helm of Indian pace attack and there is no denying the fact. Pace of near 145 Kmph supported by nagging accuracy is what makes Umesh a face to really worry about across formats. His ability to become the most wicket taker in CT 2017 can also not be doubted. Who will become leading wicket taker in ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
- India Vs Sri Lanka, 8th Match, Group B: India will take the field on Thursday for their second match in Champions Trophy 2017. And the team to take rivalry this time would be neighboring country Sri Lanka. Kohli & Co. did great job against Pakistan in their opening game, and is now hopeful of retaining their dominance to ease their further progress. Wary of in-form pace attack of India, Sri Lanka have got to spring a major surprise at Oval. They would be in need of Angelo Mathews' spurt. And what else is needed by depleted Lanka to derail India's strong batting line-up is Lasith Malinga's charge with ball. In the batting, the will have to do it without Chamara Kapugedara, who was ruled out of the tournament due to knee injury during training on the match eve. For Lankans, the win chances are almost cipher in India Vs Sri Lanka match at Oval in Champions Trophy 2017. And the rest will depend on how they play in the game. India far outweighs Sri Lanka on the batting front. Rohit Sharma along with Shikhar Dhawan lays a solid foundation allowing the middle-order batsmen to make the most of the fine start, if given. Virat Kohli with middle-order batsmen doesn't let the oppositions' bowlers settle anymore. He comes as a sustained middle-order surge and takes minimum possible risks. He defends, rotates, and also accelerates whenever needed. Yuvraj Singh and Hardik Pandya take up the charge in the death overs to put India in imposing position. However, if the situations are daunting, they play cautiously too. MS Dhoni loves to be in the finisher's role. India's batting might doesn't just end here. No wonder, Ravindra Jadeja can also turn dangerous at crucial moments. So, the result of IND Vs SL match will have a direct influence of how these batsmen approach Indian innings. India's bowling attack, too, poses a threat to the opposition with Bhuvneshwar Kumar gleaning swing with the new ball, and Jasprit Bumrah finishing the things off in death overs. Umesh Yadav is bowling like a ring master making the batsmen dance on his tunes. So, India has got a perfect bowling combination. Now, this would be interesting to see as to how Lankan Batsmen face India's razor-sharp bowling attack. Will team India continue their dominance over Sri Lanka as well in ICC Champions Trophy 2017?
- Pakistan Vs South Africa, 7th Match, Group B: Emerging competitive against the top-ranked ODI team (South Africa) would require Pakistan a full-blooded performance. Another moderate performance like it went on Sunday against India would certainly push Pakistan out of the semi-final race. So, it's going to be a must-win clash for struggling Pakistan at Edgbaston. The result of Pak Vs SA match at Edgbaston will determine Pakistan's further progress in the tournament. South Africa is the highest-ranked team, and Pakistan is the lowest amongst those that qualified for the ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Seemingly, there is no comparison between the two sides. The one is cricketing with some of the world's most ruthless bowlers, and the other participated with a myth that their bowling is their biggest asset. Not surprisingly, South Africa has two of their bowlers Kagiso Rabada and Imran Tahir on the top of ICC's ODI rankings. Given the case, Africa has an edge over Pakistan in bowling department. On the batting front as well, Pakistan stands nowhere. They lack intent, if not talent. South Africa, on the other hand, has all their batsmen in form. Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock and Faf du Plessis in the top-order are capable enough to get Africa a solid start. Also, they have an explosive middle-order that features AB de Villiers, David Miller and JP Duminy. It can have a devastating impact on the result of Pak Vs SA match at Edgbaston. Can struggling Pakistan avoid the potential defeat against in-form South Africa at Edgbaston?
- Not many, in fact, none would have predicted Tamim Iqbal to become the highest run scorer in Champions Trophy 2017, prior to the tournament. Fairly, you might have Steven Smith, Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Kane Williamson and some other big names in your prediction list. But, the way Tamim has batted so far proved millions predictions wrong making the world take notice of him. Being on the top of the batsmen's chart is a special feeling for someone who was once neglected to become the highest run scorer in ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Tamim Iqbal has given some truly laudable performances in the tournament as yet. He hit a well-calculated century against England in the opening game. And it was not by chance. The Bangladeshi opener again rose flamboyantly in his second game against Australia. Two impressive knocks against two big sides are what characterize Tamim as an ace performer with bat. Bangladesh's innings build-up revolved around Tamim Iqbal's runs in Champions Trophy 2017 both times previously. However, unfortunately, his brilliance hasn't taken Bangladesh to a victory heretofore. He showed a mix of patience, determination, and yes the aggression at times to brutally treat the poor deliveries. He's been just remarkable throughout, irrespective the threat English and Aussies' bowlers respectively proponed to the rather unnoted Bangladeshi opener. His 142-ball 128 in the tournament's opener followed by another impressive 95 against Australia made the world take notice of his true batting potential. In the warm-up fixture as well, the 28-year old batsmen made the Pakistani bowlers toil. He smashed a banging hundred in the match and cleared his intention. Tamim Iqbal is leading the batsmen's table at present with 223 runs in two games. He has scored at an average of 111.50 and a strike rate of 87.11. Tamim Iqbal's runs in Champions Trophy 2017 will negotiate Bangladesh's frontal progress. Will Tamim Iqbal emerge as the highest run scorer in Champions Trophy 2017?
- Amongst a few batsmen, who can become the leading run scorer in ICC Champions Trophy 2017, is flamboyant Joe Root. The backbone of England's batting lineup, Root got a blasting start to the tournament. Leading second on the point table with 133 runs at present, Joe Root cleared his intention in his very first match against Bangladesh. He marked England's first victory of the tournament with a creditable century. Joe Root's runs in Champions Trophy 2017 will surely pave England's route to the semi-final. And if he continues to bat on with the same intent that he showed against Bangladesh, England might dream of an effortless entry to the final as well. And that would be no wonder to anyone, be it his fans or critics. Joe Root's brilliance in the tournament's opening game got England off to a winning start. Unbeaten 133 was his highest in One Day Internationals and it earned him the man-of-the-match award too. Though it was just the beginning, Root is likely to come up with some more impressive knocks in the upcoming games. It's no overstatement to predict Joe Root as the leading run scorer in Champions Trophy 2017. And the reasons that resound Root's prestige as a batsman are: his matchless class and unwonted consistency. A true warrior with exceptional ability to score across conditions, Root loves to make matters easier when it comes to high-pressure games in big tournaments. Blessed with the potency to tackle the odds, Joe Root is a rare talent equally influential against any bowling attack. Joe Root's runs in Champions Trophy 2017 will be instrumental to England's quest for the coveted title, although if they make it. Will Joe Root from England become the leading run scorer in Champions Trophy 2017?