PV Sindhu in CRPF
Will CRPF's proposal to designate PV Sindhu as commandant be approved by the ministry of home affairs?
Question in detailPV Sindhu in CRPF will soon get the honorary rank of commandant. The accolades have yet not stopped for the Rio silver medalist PV Sindhu. After being honored by the Khel Ratna award, PV Sindhu has now been recommended for the honorary rank of Commandant in India's prestigious force CRPF. Other than this, CRPF has proposed Sindhu to designate as its brand ambassador. India's largest paramilitary force has sent a proposal to the ministry of home affairs (MHA) as well for the same. If MHA approves CRPF's proposal to appoint the ace badminton player PV Sindhu as commandant, the silver medalist will be honored the rank badges at a ceremonial event as her remuneration of Rio success.
True, PV Sindhu in CRPF can be ranked both as a Commandant and as a brand ambassador of the country's largest paramilitary force. Official sources have confirmed that the MHA too has given a quick nod for CRPF's proposal. So, get ready to see PV Sindhu as commandant in Central Reserve Police force (CRPF).
Will CRPF's proposal to designate PV Sindhu as commandant be approved by the ministry of home affairs?
- South African batsman Hashim Amla is undergoing terrific form with bat in IPL season 10. His maiden IPL hundred against Mumbai Indians in the last match was a testimony of that. Started off cautiously, Amla switched the gear once he settled. More a classy batsmen than a typical power hitter, Amla astonished everyone out there in Indore with a 60-ball 104. It was Hashim Amla first IPL century, also his maiden in T20 international. He hammered Mumbai's bowling attack to hit the second century of the season after Sanju Samson who scored the first one a few days ago. With 104 more runs in his bag, Amla made a big stride on the batsmen's chart. Placed third as the top run scorer in IPL 2017, Amla has amassed 234 runs in 6 matches so far. Dotted with 8 fours and 6 sixes, Hashim Amla first IPL century took the world by storm as no one before that feat would have expected such an enthralling blitz from the classy batsman. In 60 balls he faced, Amla crossed the boundary line 14 times; six over the rope and 8 down the ground. In six matches so far, Amla has struck one fifty and one century. Rare, he hit the half-century at a strike rate of more than 150. Whereas in Indore, he slammed his maiden ton at a strike rate of 174. His overall strike rate in the league is near 142. Averaging 58 in six matches, Amla has all the makings to become the top run scorer in IPL 2017. Will Kings XI Punjab's opener Hashim Amla become the top run scorer in IPL 2017?
- Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Gujarat Lions, match No. 23: Riders have been spectacular in this IPL season. Twin wins both at home and away from home got them the start every team dreams of. Lions, on the other hand, have had a rather forgettable journey in the league so far. For them, nothing could have been worse than four defeats in the first five matches. The bottommost side needs a quick turnaround to get back into the race. Since Kolkata has the home advantage, Lions might suffer a bit to become the winner of KKR Vs GL match. For the second time in the league, Kolkata Knight Riders and Gujarat Lions will be face-to-face in their respective 6th match. While Riders are keen to feed on their home advantage, Lions will seek revenge of their first defeat to KKR this season. Gambhir's men are back to their home ground for the second leg, which begins with a face-off against struggling Lions on April 21. Lions won both times facing off KKR last season. Having already won once, KKR will now eye to draw level their head-to-head tally in Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Gujarat Lions match at Eden Gardens. KKR's strength lies at its core, a perfect cocktail which includes quality batsmen and bowlers. With the skipper himself leading from front, Kolkata has got the reason to flaunt its top-order. Gambhi has knocked two unbeaten fifties so far making the things reasonably easier for the batsmen in the middle order. Following Gautam Gambhir's footmarks, Manish Pandey has also made a difference hitting crucial two half-centuries, both unbeaten. Remember the match where Manish scored 49-ball 69 to seal the last over thriller against Delhi Daredevils. He served both as a grafter and as a finisher. And how can one forget KKR's all-time scorer Robin Uthappa, who shone with bat in one match against Hyderabad. KKR's batsmen are incredibly doing well in the tournament. The only woe to Kolkata's worry has been Chris Woakes and Trent Boult's failure. They haven't delivered the impact so far. That means the side is not getting enough out of their overseas fast bowling treasure. Nonetheless, Kolkata still has more chances to become the winner of KKR Vs GL match. Lions need a major overhaul to revive their fortunes. Their over-dependence on McCullum and Raina has cost them more than enough loss. Their middle-order batsmen, also the wicket-keeper Dinesh Kartik came on the back of a laudable home season. He sparkled twice in the league, but lack of backing from the other end scaled down his impact. Gjuarat's ill fortune doesn't end here. Dwayne Smith and Aaron Finch have also not done what they are believed to do. Even Jadeja has been off the hook. He is yet to announce himself in this IPL season. Who will win Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Gujarat Lions at Eden Garden, Kolkata?
- Kings XI Punjab Vs Mumbai Indians, match No. 22: Yet again, the IPL caravan has moved to Indore for the tournament's 22nd match. In need of a desperate resurrection, Kings XI Punjab would be extremely happy returning to their newly-adopted home ground, the venue where they haven't lost even a single game. The Holkar Cricket Stadium has proved to be lucky for KXIP. The side registered two consecutive wins to the start of the IPL season 10. However, next to it, three disappointing losses in a row put a question mark on their ability to win in the others' den. Even if the crowd didn't really support their home team, Punjab clinched two easy wins at the venue. Punjab's confidence will be high when they face off in-form Mumbai in Indore. Ahead of the match, they have obvious reasons to cheer with the chief one being their unbeaten home record this season. Since the match is being played in their home ground, Punjab has more chances to become the winner of KXIP Vs MI match. They won both the Indore matches batting second. The track had some moisture in the first innings and it turned out to be dried in the second one. That means Punjab batted on a flat surface, while their opponents got a two-paced track. How will they fare if comes out to bat first in their next match against Punjab? This remains a question. Toss will again be crucial for Punjab if they want to become the winner of KXIP Vs MI match. Mumbai Indians have set the world on fire winning four of their first five matches. They got outplayed by RPS in their first match despite posting a mammoth 184 on the board. Ironically, it came out to be Mumbai's only loss of the tournament. Now, Mumbai will take on Punjab on the back of four consecutive wins. With Mumbai carrying a portrayal of a slow-starter, not many would have expected them to fight back that hard. Surprisingly, they did it by virtue of their all-round performance. Placed 3rd on the point table with 4 wins in 5 matches, Mumbai will hopefully seek an even better position in Kings XI Punjab Vs Mumbai Indians match. Will Kings XI Punjab turn their fortunes in lucky Indore against Mumbai Indians?
- Gujarat's explosive opener Brendon McCullum's lone battle (72 off 44 balls) in the last match against RCB crested him top of the batsmen's chart. Lion's only consistent batsmen this IPL season, the Kiwi star has played such standout knocks several times earlier. Remember the match against Mumbai Indians where McCullum slammed 44-ball 64, and you'll find how brutal can be once the ball starts coming on to his bat. Placed second at present as the highest run getter in IPL 10, McCullum has the hunger to score more. As of now, the real T20 smasher has amassed 225 runs in 5 matches so far. A quick half-century in the last match against RCB was not what came to him by chance. It was more or less similar to the knock (64 off 44 balls) he played against Mumbai Indians. Also, in the RPS match, he struck a banging 32-ball 49. Given the form he undergoing at the moment, McCullum's chances to become the orange cap holder in IPL 2017 cannot be underrated. Since power hitting is his forte, Gujarat in the opening slot can find no better option than McCullum. When in mood, he deals in sixes and boundaries. He's been unstoppable in the tournament so far. An average of 45, which he is carrying at present after five matches, advocates his ability to become the highest run getter in IPL 10. Irrespective of whether Gujarat Lions qualify for the playoff round or not, McCullum must comfortably be in top three or four by the end of the tournament. And if he becomes the orange cap holder in IPL 2017, this won't come as a surprise. Will Brendon McCullum repeat the heroics time and time again to claim Orange Cap this IPL season?
- Finally back to form in a similar destructive fashion, Chris Gayle bid adieu to his woeful batting struggles against Gujarat Lions. Gayle's thunder will long be remembered as he slammed 77 off just 38 balls helping Challengers return to the winning ways. Had AB de Villiers been fit for the game against Lions, Gayle would have missed the onslaught. But, ABD revealed his withdrawal hours before the game had started. Gayle treasured the opportunity with both hands and struck it away with blasting 38-ball 77, an innings that included 7 sixes. It was just a trailer; Chris Gayle's sixes in IPL 10 are yet to be rained down. An explosive knock, which includes 7 sixes and 5 fours, got Chris Gayle the sheen he had been missing since the beginning of the tournament. With that unforgettable knock, Chris Gayle's sixes in IPL 10 have now reached 11. He is one of the strongest contenders to hit most sixes in IPL season 10. The only man to reach 10000 run in T20, Gayle set the landmark in his last match against Gujarat Lions. With Gayle's regime appearing to be waning over the past one year, not many would have speculated him to come with a repeated heroic. Seven sixes in one game were enough to raise Gayle on the sixes count. He is now 5th on the table with 11 sixes next to Brendon McCullum (15), AB de Villiers (12), Manish Pandey (11) and Kieron Pollard (11). He is just 5 hits away from becoming the most six hitter in IPL 2017. It would be no surprise if he bridges the gap in just one game. The sixer king would hardly take a couple of outbursts, which naturally comes to him, to surpass others on the sixes count. Do you also foresee Chris Gayle as the most six hitter in IPL 2017? If yes, you are probably not alone. Gayle's last blitz must have compelled millions to join the anticipation. Will Chris Gayle finish top of the table with most sixes in IPL 2017?
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Delhi Daredevils, match No. 21: Having lost twice in the series, Hyderabad will seek home comfort when they face off Delhi in their 6th match. Indomitable at home, Hyderabad hasn't lost even a single home game this season. In the last game against Kings XI Punjab, Warner's men battled a tough home pitch to garner 159 on the board. They, in turn, survived Manan Vohra's late onslaught to defend the total. Now, they will be facing Delhi on the back of a hard-fought win. Again at home, Sunrisers' prospects to become the winner of SRH Vs DD match are likely to be higher. And the reason that tips the scale towards Hyderabad is their bowling, which appears to have been their real strength this season. Hyderabad is back on the home ground stemming their two-match losing streak. But, this time they have a different opponent Delhi Daredevils. For Delhi, the tournament has been a roller-coaster ride so far. Out of their four games so far they have won two; one as the hosts and the other as the visitors. Their win percentage is 50. Despite being in the top four at present, Daredevils' way to up on the points table is not going to be easy. Delhi would need an all-round performance from their players if they want to become the winner of SRH Vs DD match. Don't ever underestimate your opponent whether be it a bloody battle or a high-octane cricketing affair. This could be an advisory to well-preserved Daredevils in the upcoming Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Delhi Daredevils match. Delhi's likely eleven against Hyderabad could be as: Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer, Karun Nair, Sam Billings, Corey Anderson, Rishabh Pant (wk), Chris Morris, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami/Shahbaz Nadeem, Pat Cummins, Zaheer Khan (c). Will Delhi Daredevils breach Sunrisers' fortress in the next match at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad?
- Gujarat Lions Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, match No. 20: No opposition can ever err to take Challengers lightly given the sheen, the luster and the veneer they possess in their batting line-up. Regardless of the current spot on the point table, RCB has all the makings to fight back hard from any stage. The side carries high prospects of qualifying for the playoff round despite bemoaning the bottommost position at present with 4 losses in 5 games. They are now in a desperate need of a win. A couple of losses to RCB's fortune have placed them bottom of the table. They have lost 4 out of 5 matches so far. Surprisingly, three of those losses came at their home ground. Can you believe it? Whether or not, Bangalore is missing the spell that automatically comes to them. Nonetheless, they would require a win to regain their lost confidence. The least they will be eyeing now is to become the winner of GL Vs RCB match. Virat Kohli's men will be delighted traveling to Rajkot where their next match is scheduled against struggling Lions. The reason to their delight is probably Rajkot's batting-friendly surface, which suits their strength batting. And if the track plays on as expected, the last season's runner-up won't struggle much to become the winner of GL Vs RCB match. The 10th season of Indian Premiere League is advancing to its 20th match on April 18, but Lions' struggle hasn't yet come to end. Successive losses in the initial stage of the tournament have dented Lions' dominant image. The damage is done; they are second last on the point table with 3 losses in 4 matches. From here on, nothing less than a win will work for the home side in Gujarat Lions Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore match. Just one win is needed to get Lions back to rhythm. And they will be eyeing it in the next match against RCB, another struggling side. Who will win Gujarat Lions Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore match in Rajkot?
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, the leader of Sunrisers Hyderabad's bowling pack is reaping the reward of his exceptional bowling skills in the ongoing IPL season. Effective with new ball, Kumar can swing the ball both ways from the same line. At present, he is the leading wicket taker in IPL 10 with 15 wickets in five games. His last performance that features 5/19 takes him miles from others who were once hovering with him on the bowlers' table. So far in the tournament, Kumar has bowled some tight spells to not let his economy go beyond 5.50. Fifteen wickets to his name in just 5 games make him the potential purple cap winner in IPL 2017. He has continued to be a regular wicket taker for Hyderabad in the ongoing season. Starting off the season with 2 wickets against the last season runner-up (RCB), Bhuvneshwar Kumar came equally effective in the next game too. He picked up 3 wickets each in the successive matches against Mumbai and Kolkata. Five wickets against Kings XI Punjab in the last match made his performance special. Given the numbers above, Kumar's chances to become the purple cap winner in IPL 2017 cannot be negated. A seam bowler like Bhuvneshwar Kumar could be a handy option for any captain both in the power play and in the death overs. Nagging accuracy, seam position and ability to pitch the ball right length are some of the attributes that make Kumar a real threat to any batsman on any surface. Far from others on wickets count, Bhuvneshwar Kumar is currently topping the table with 15 wickets in 5 matches. Can he finish being the leading wicket taker in IPL 10? Yeah, of course he can and this would be no wonder. Bhuvneshwar Kumar is the second fastest bowler to reach 100 IPL wickets. He took just 81 games to get the feat. His consistency with ball is true to his wicket taking ability. Will Bhuvneshwar Kumar be crowned with purple cap in IPL 2017?
- A rather unnoted batsman is doing wonders in the league where big names from the cricketing world appear to grab all the attention and limelight. Any guesses who we are talking about? Well, it's 23-year old batsman Nitish Rana. The Mumbai's batsman has overshadowed many of the cricketing demigods to cement top position as the highest run scorer in IPL 2017. But, the position is temporary given the fact that the tournament is yet to go a long way. Positioned 4th on the batsmen's table with 193 runs in 5 innings, Nitish has had some standout knocks to his name in the tournament so far. Averaging 38, the flamboyant batsman also revels in an impressive strike rate of 133.10. Does Rana stand a chance to become the orange cap holder in IPL 10? Yes, of course, he does! Just have a look at his stats below and you'll find why the 23-year old has high prospects. Nitish Rana's runs in IPL 2017 have taken Mumbai Indians on the top of the table. Instrumental to Mumbai's most wins this season, Nitish started the season off with a 28-ball 34. However, the knock couldn't power his team to win the match against RPS. He slammed his first fifty of the season in the next match against KKR. Another wonderful knock from the batsman, 45 off 36 balls helped his team score off Hyderabad. Rana completed his second half-century (53 off 36 balls) to prove Lions' off the hook. Now, all that he will take to become the orange cap holder in IPL 10 is continual of form, and yes the luck as well. IPL 2017 has been a dream season for Nitish. 193 runs in 5 innings are testimonial to the class he possesses and the form he is undergoing at present. If he continues his form, he might end up being the highest run scorer in IPL 2017. He has proved to be one of Mumbai's greatest find this IPL season. Does Mumbai's batsman Nitish Rana stand a chance to become the orange cap holder in IPL 2017?
- KKR's captain Gautam Gambhir seems unstoppable this IPL season. An unbeaten 76 off 48 balls was enough to lead KKR to a thumping 10-wicket win. He did get the start in the second game as well, but haste to score kept him aloof from another big knock. In third game, Gambhir repeated his first-match performance. Again returned unbeaten, he scored 49-ball 72 to crush Kings XI Punjab. Positoned 3rd on the batsmen's chart at present with 196 runs in 5 innings, Gambhir is a strong contender of orange cap winner in IPL 2017. Gautam Gambhir's runs in IPL 10 have been and will be crucial for his side. In three matches so far, the dashing opener has struck two unbeaten half-centuries. His strike rate has been phenomenal. He is at a strike rate of near 142, far beyond his career's SR. Two unbeaten knocks have raised his average to 65, which is just astonishing. All that Gambhir will take to become the orange cap winner in IPL 2017 is continual of form he is undergoing at present. A consistent performer, Gautam Gambhir has been spine of KKR's top-order since the time he joined the squad. The southpaw has amassed 3802 runs in 135 IPL appearances at a strike rate of 125.19. Averaging 31.68, Gambhir has struck 33 half-centuries in the cash-rich league alone. Known to be a classy batsman who loves to play on the back foot, Gambhir can also switch the gear depending on what is required by the given conditions in a particular match. He became the second highest run-scorer in the inaugural IPL season playing for Delhi, but was dropped following an indifferent second season. KKR signed him as their captain in 2011. Gambhir has been unstoppable since the time he was given the leader's job. In the first two seasons after being KKR's captain, the dashing opener scored 968 runs, also leading his side to the title victory in 2012. A fruitful last season where he stacked 501 runs meant Gambhir's hunger to score is yet to be quenched. He has got a bright start to the ongoing season. Not open to doubt, Gautam Gambhir's runs in IPL 10 would be Knight Riders' bonus. Will KKR's captain Gautam Gambhir become the orange cap winner in IPL 2017?
- Featuring Gujarat Lions in IPL 10, Australian pacer Andrew Tye scripted a unique day in the league's history. He left a massive impression on his IPL debut for Gujarat Lions registering a priceless hat-trick. While Lions are progressing to their fifth match, Andrew Tye's wickets in IPL 2017 have reached 7. Surprisingly, Tye has played just two matches in the league so far. Seven wickets in two matches have given rise to Tye's prospects of becoming the orange cap winner in IPL 10. The 30-year old pacer had to wait for three years for his IPL debut match. And when the day finally came, he marked it with a five-wicket haul, which also includes an unforgettable hat-trick. Not just that, he managed another twin wickets in the very next match to spot himself 4th on the bowlers' chart. Tye is going purple patch. And given the fact, Gujarat will be having a significant reliance on Andrew Tye's wIckets in IPL 2017. With Tye joining the squad on April 14, Lions' quest for a match-winning bowler has come to an end. On the back of Tye's five wickets in his debut match, Lions registered their first win of the season. Tye loves big stage; an exalted hat-trick is the debutante's keepsake. Lions have got Tye's boost in the pace attack. His standout performance against Supergiant was crucial to prop his side up when it mattered a lot. Andrew Tye stands a chance to become orange cap winner in IPL 10 apparently because he is undergoing amazing form at present. Will Andrew Tye make the most of his form to claim orange cap in IPL 2017?
- Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Kings XI Punjab, match No. 19: Tying on points winning two out of their four games, both SRH and KXIP have geared up for their fifth clash, scheduled to be played at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium on April 17. Rattled Hyderabad will be seeking home comfort. Punjab, on the other hand, is likely come more strategic to put paid to SRH's unbeaten home streak. One who becomes the winner of SRH Vs KXIP match will outdrive the other on the point table. Heading into its 19th game, the league has brought SRH to the venue where they emphatically started their IPL 10 campaign. Yes, it's Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, SRH's home ground. Sunrisers have had a wonderful IPL record at their home ground. In the ongoing season alone, they have won all their two home games so far. After crushing the last season's runner-up (RCB) in the league's opener, SRH had moved to their next win over Gujarat Lions at the same venue, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad. Up for the next home encounter, SRH will be hoping another match-winning performance from their players. However, in the last two matches, they had no luck with them. A loss to Mumbai Indians in the third match was unfortunate as dew played its part in making SRH suffer their first defeat. In the fourth match against Kolkata Knight Riders, an umpiring howler cost them a defeat. That means Hyderabad needs a bit of luck combined along with performance to become the winner of SRH Vs KXIP match. Kings XI Punjab seems to have learnt a lot from their last season's failure. They played like a warrior in the first two games, but then two successive defeats to their fortune require them readjustment. Maxwell's men in Sunrisers Hyderabad Vs Kings XI Punjab match are underdog given the fact that Hyderabad is unstoppable at their home ground. If Punjav wants to win the match, they have to do something out of the blue. Will Hyderabad sustain their winning home record against Kings XI Punjab in the 19th match of IPL 10?
- Delhi Daredevils Vs Kings XI Punjab, match No. 15: Aiming to go the distance this year, Delhi Daredevils stepped up when it mattered a lot. They made a thumping comeback brushing aside the ebbs of their 15-run loss to RCB in the first match, where plenty of batting flaws in the poor chase confined Delhi to just 142. The next match against RPS, wherein Samson took a bow for his maiden T20 century, was an averse of Delhi's disappointing show at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. The win came on the back of a desperate loss to RCB. And it must have boosted Delhi's confident for their journey ahead in the tournament. All they would eye now is to become the winner of DD Vs KXIP match. Delhi's bowlers are on fire, and this has been quite evident so far. They did a fantastic job to restrict their opponents at a low total bowling first. In defense too, they broke the backbone of the Pune's strong batting line-up before the opponents could ease the chase. Already producing some real nail-biters, the league has more in store in the coming days. Delhi Daredevils Vs Kings XI Punjab match at Feroz Shah Kotla on April 15 is also supposed to be a toe-to-to battle where both the teams would eye to extend their winning spree. Despite getting a good start to their campaign, Punjab couldn't quite sustain the momentum in their third game against KKR. The last two games saw Punjab in full bloom with Glenn Maxwell doing well with both his roles as a captain and as a batsman. But, a dismal defeat to KKR stopped their winning streak. Punjab, at present, is in a rather comfortable position on point table. As of now, they have won two out of three matches and have placed themselves at 3rd. If Punjab becomes the winner of DD Vs KXIP match, they will cement a position in one of the two top positions on the point table. However, if Delhi wins the day, it would be their second win of the tournament. Will Daredevils play upon home advantage to spoil Punjab's requisite for one of two top spots on the table?
- Gujarat Lions Vs Rising Pune Supergiant, match No. 13: Two consecutive losses in the first two games are enough to down a side to the bottom of the table. Unfortunately, it's Gujarat Lions this year. The side entered the playoff round topping the table with 9 wins last season. However, the beginning of the 10th edition has been all the more disappointing for the last-year table topper. With their batsmen desperately failing to leave an impression, and bowlers misfiring to defend a 180-plus total, Lions haven't played to the best of their potential so far. Hopeful of Ravindra Jadeja's comeback against RPS, Lions had suffered a blunt spin attack in both their previous encounters. Lions are plaintively blatting rather than roaring. And the reason behind their gloom is the disappointing start to their IPL 10 campaign. Gujarat is yet to search a break with the league progressing to its 13th game on March 14. Studded with some of the world's best limited-over bashers like McCullum, Raina, Dwayne Smith and Jason Roy, Lions would need a quick turnaround if they want to be in the league race. Bravo-Jadeja's absence has done enough damage to Lions' quest for a fine star of the season. It's still uncertain as to how long they will travel in the league without a win. The least they will be hopping now is Ravindra Jadeja's comeback for the next encounter against Rising Pune Supergiant on April 14. Jadeja's presence does make a difference given the fact that he is a game changer, consistent performer and above all world's No. 1 bowler. Lions will be keen to recover the early damage in Gujarat Lions Vs Rising Pune Supergiant match at their home ground, Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot. Second from the bottom with two desperate losses, Pune is also not in a good stead on the point table at present. Two back-to-back losses have overshadowed Pune's clinical win to the start of the tournament. Now, they need a recast to work their way ahead in the league. Who will win Gujarat Lions Vs Rising Pune Supergiant match in Rajkot?
- With promotion comes responsibilities, and Glenn Maxwell better understands his role both as a captain and as a batsman. Punjab, a side that had once struggled poor captaincy woes in the earlier 9 seasons, now seems to be working their way to the maiden IPL title under a new captain Glenn Maxwell. However, they are yet to travel a long way in the league. And if they go the distance, Glenn Maxwell's runs in IPL season 10 will be crucial for the team. Not many will be eyeing him as the orange cap winner in IPL 2017 at present. But, if he continues his brutal batting display in the upcoming matches as well, predictions will change frequently like stats on the table. Maxwell has been pivotal in Punjab's both previous wins. In the first match against RPS, the he scored unbeaten 44 off 20 deliveries at a strike rate of 220, which matters a lot in T20 cricket. An unbeaten 22-ball 43 by Maxell in the very next match against RCB was enough to lead Punjab to their second consecutive win. So far in the tournament, Glenn Maxwell has stacked 87 runs in two innings at a strike rate of 207.14. On sixes count, he is 3rd on the table with 8 sixes next to Chris Lynn (9) and AB de Villiers (9). He is positioned 14th at present. Nonetheless, one big knock will raise him sharply on the batsmen's chart. Glenn Maxwell's runs in IPL season 10 will have a lot to do with Punjab's win. Nowhere in the race of orange cap winner in IPL 2017 at the moment, Glenn Maxwell needs one good innings or two to turn the tables. Arguably one of the most stylish T20 players, Punjab's new captain did the magic in IPL 2014 scoring 552 runs at an astonishing strike rate of 187.76. Also, he marked the season hitting most sixes, which counted 36. This year as well, Maxwell is following the footmarks he left in 2014. As of now, he has struck 8 sixes in two matches. So, it won't come as a surprise if he ends up hitting most sixes in IPL 10. Punjab's quest for a competent captain, who can lead the side from front, comes to an end with Maxwell undertaking the leader's job. Despite having a plenty of better captaincy options at hand, the franchise reposed faith in Maxwell who had never captained a side before at any level. And the irony is that he is doing well with his assignments. Will Kings XI Punjab's captain Glenn Maxwell end up being the orange cap winner in IPL 2017?
- Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Mumbai Indians, match No. 12: Challengers have proved to be of sorts without their captain Virat Kohli, who had been ruled out due to a shoulder injury. Although AB de Villiers recompensed the dearth of aggression and solidity in batting line-up against Kings XI Punjab at Holkar Cricket Stadium, RCB can't afford to miss their permanent skipper any longer. Better late than never, Virat Kohli's comeback against Mumbai Indians will give RCB the boost they were missing in the first three games. Virat Kohli's absence has cost RCB two defeats in three matches. But, now the side is set to change the scenario with Virat Kohli's comeback against Mumbai Indians. Bangalore captain has fully recovered from the shoulder injury that he suffered during Ranchi Test against Australia last month. The news must have given a sigh of relief to RCB as the side had been on a constant decadency without their captain. The BCCI medical team declares that Kohli is fit to play Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs Mumbai Indians match on Friday. Complete with Kohli, RCB would be now eyeing to recover the early loss. Not just RCB, but also fans would be happily eager to see their real hero back in action. Mumbai Indians squad has to be a bit more prepared for their next encounter as the opponent this time is studded with two of the world's most explosive, and certainly the most consistent batsmen Kohli and de Villiers. They have to have a sure-fire strategy in place if they want to overcome de Villiers-Kohli's threat. Since Kohli is returning after a month-long gap and might take one game or two to get back to the rhythm, Mumbai Indians have reasons to win. However, this applies only if Kohli fails to mark his comeback with a big knock. Does RCB have an edge over Mumbai Indians at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru?