Indian Squad For First Two Tests Against Australia
Question in detail
Australia's tour of India 2017: After vanquishing New Zealand, England and Bangladesh successively in the home Test series, Kohli's brigade is up on their next assignment. And this time the victims will be Smith-led Australia. For Australia, the tour will be as harsh and virulent as it had been for the other touring sides. Unbeaten since 19 Tests, Team India would like to give a cogent end to their home Test session the way they started it off against South Africa with a 3-0 win in 2015.
BCCI announced Indian squad for first two Tests against Australia exactly a week before the series. Naming the 16-man squad, BCCI refrained from making any change. The team will remain the same as it was against Bangladesh. However, the prime reason to stick to the same winning combination is the recovery a few injured players like Amit Mishra, Rohit Sharma and Mohammed Shami. The pace department will have Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Karun Nair will be available as middle-order back up.
Abhinav Mukund has been retained as another alternative in the opening slot. Jadeja and Ashwin will be seen leading the spin attack as ever. Shikhar Dhawan has been expelled due to poor form. Indian squad for first two Tests against Australia is as:
Virat Kohli (c), Cheteshwar Pujara, M Vijay, KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane, Abhinav Mukund, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravindra Jadeja, Karun Nair, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Hardik Pandya, R Ashwin, Jayant Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav
Why India stick to the same winning combination for the first two Tests against Australia?
- RCB vs CSK today match preview & prediction: Heading into their 6th game, inconsistent Challengers seek revival of fortunes in what has been a dolorous journey for them in the league so far. Buoyant Super Kings, on the other hand, will eye to equal on points with the table-topper Kings XI Punjab. The bowling unit of both sides is plagued with similar ailment not holding control in the death overs. Conceding a total of 200 and more twice by RCB is quite evident of how blunt their bowlers have been in the tournament so far. Chennai Super Kings, too, have squandered 200 plus, although once. But, potentially their batsmen delivered what was needed to recompense the bowlers' shortcoming. They have got the spotlight having unexpectedly clinched a couple of nail-biting wins. In each of their fixtures, CSK has had a different batsman taking up the charge at crisis, something that RCB hasn't. Barring Virat Kohli who has piled up 200-plus runs in 5 games and AB de Villiers who has been a central figure in each of RCB's two victories, no other batsmen whether national or international has quite clicked yet. Sarfaraz Khan and Mandeep Singh, who RCB rely a lot in the middle-order, seem to have struggled with form. Nor has Quinton de Kock given RCB the needed start even once. RCB has more to their batting beyond just Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers. But, they need to justify it by putting in of the essence performances. And if not in RCB vs CSK today match, it could be a reason to worry. RCB probable 11 in today IPL match Virat Kohli (c), Quinton de Kock/Parthiv Patel, Manan Vohra, AB de Villiers, Corey Anderson/Moeen Ali, Mandeep Singh, Washington Sundar, Chris Woakes, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal A few inclusions, particularly those who haven't been tested yet, are on the cards. Moeen Ali and Parthiv Patel were seen batting long hours on the net two days before the fixture. But as it was when the two joined up with the team, Kohli is unlikely to make changes to the winning side. CSK playing 11 in today IPL match MS Dhoni (c), Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Sam Billings/Faf du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Karn Sharma/Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Shardul Thakur Imran Tahir is fit again. And as hinted by CSK's head coach Stephen Fleming that the team can use two leg-spinners, Tahir can make way to CSK playing 11 in today IPL match for either Faf du Plessis or Sam Billings. In this case, Ambati Rayudu will continue to bat in the middle-order. Also, there is a little possibility that Chennai Super Kings can go with three spinners considering the slow nature of the track and tying down the left-handers in the opposition. Who will win RCB vs CSK today match in IPL 2018?
- Purple cap contender in IPL 11: Race to the purple cap has begun in the world's most celebrated league. With just a third of IPL 2018 completed, many have come into the race now, with Andrew Tye and Tren Boult jointly topping the table with 9 wickets each in their respective 6 matches. Next to them is KKR's Sunil Narine, who has bagged 8 wickets in as many games as Tye and Boult have played. When it comes to predicting the purple cap contender in IPL 11, we can't sideline the one who is making it difficult for the batsmen to read his spin. Yes! We are talking about the young IPL debutant Mayank Markande. The young Punjab's boy, who is a part of Mumbai Indians in the ongoing season, has done wonders in a matter of just five games so far, leaving the entire cricket fraternity stunned. He, indeed, has been one of the best finds of the tournament for Mumbai, picking up 8 wickets in 5 matches so far. Fourth as the leading wicket taker in IPL 2018 for the time being, Mayank Markande is just one wicket short of the top three on the bowlers' chart. As he still has a long way to go in the league, surpassing others on the wickets count doesn't sound to be a big deal for the young leg-spinner. What an IPL debut he has had! To begin with 3 wickets against SCK in the opening game, Markande followed that up with a four-fer against SRH catching everyone's attention with his guile and variety. He is well capable of disguising googly at times and letting the batters have a close eye to his wrist and length. Having got a dream start to his debut IPL season, Markande will be looking forward to becoming the most wicket taker in IPL 2018. And if he achieves the feat, the leg-spinner certainly deserves to garner the praise from the world around. He has competition with some of the world's deadly bowlers, including Andrew Tye, Trent Boult, Sunil Narine, Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Even though he is doing exceptionally well with the ball, this would be too early to see him as the most wicket taker in IPL 2018 towards to end. Can Mayank Markande become the most wicket taker in IPL 2018?
- MI vs SRH today match preview & prediction: In just a matter of two games, Hyderabad has slipped down to fourth position on the points table. Mumbai, on the other hand, is yet to find the momentum having suffered four last-over defeats in five games. The two teams will lock horns today for the second time in the league. The last time they met in a last-ball thriller, Billy Stanlake brought home the bacon for Sunrisers. Now in today's match, it would Rohit's turn to play hosts at Wankhede Stadium. As both teams are coming of a defeat, the turnaround time for them is very little. While Sunrisers Hyderabad is seeking fortune revival, Mumbai Indians eye recuperation from what has been a painful journey for them. MI probable 11 in today match Rohit Sharma (c), Evin Lewis, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Mitchell McClenaghan, Mayank Markande, Jasprit Bumrah, Mustafizur Rahman SRH probable 11 in today match Kane Williamson (c), Alex Hales, Wriddhiman Saha, Shreevats Goswami, Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Rashid Khan, Siddarth Kaul, Billy Stanlake, Sandeep Sharma What matters most for MI is Rohit's Sharma's form, which he has gotten back. Although it does count, his disappointing first-ball run-out in the last game against Royals is never a question on his form recovery. Pandya brother haven't quite come handy on a regular basis, but Mumbai can't afford to see them on bench. Kieron Pollard hasn't also performed true to his potential. With all the players being fit for the game, Mumbai should be playing with an unchanged side. Sunrisers have a proven opening pair, a trustworthy middle-order, quality spinners, and best of all a charged-up pacer battery. Now all they need is to plan on paper and execute it accordingly. However, in MI vs SRH today match, they can miss a couple of key players. While Shikhar Dhawan looks doubtful, Bhuvneshwar Kumar hasn't traveled with the team to Mumbai. Alex Hales is likely to feature SRH's playing XI. Sandeep Sharma and Ricky Bhui's chances to play are also on the cards. Can SRH sail through without Bhuvi and Dhawan in today match against MI?
- DD vs KXIP today match preview & prediction: The time is running short and Delhi Daredevils are neck deep in troubled water. This is going to be their first home game in IPL 2018. They have played 5 on the road, lost 4 of them, and finally come back to the Feroz Shah Kotla with hopes to change their fortunes. And the opponent they will take on today is Kings XI Punjab, placed at the other end of the points table winning 4 of 5 games. Delhi Daredevils have good record at home, particularly against Punjab. At Kotla they have won 5 games and lost 4 against Punjab. They should take confidence from that otherwise this could be late for them. To start their home leg on a winning note, they will have to make the most of their home conditions and the wicket that has not been that supportive to Delhi over the years. Things for the away team in today's match seem to be far more promising than the hosts given the way they have played in the tournament so far. Punjab has ticked all boxes right bringing Chris Gayle back in the line-up. We can't forget talking about KL Rahul, who has scored 213 runs in 5 innings at a strike rate of 183.62, which is more than at what Chris Gayle bats. Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Andrew Tye have been their trump card with ball. KXIP probable XI against DD in today match Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Lokesh Rahul, Chris Gayle, Aaron Finch, Karun Nair, Mayank Agarwal, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Tye, Barinder Sran, Ankit Rajpoot, Mujeeb Ur Rahman Since Axar Patel still has a question mark on his fitness, KXIP probable XI against DD will remain the same. Chris Gayle and Lokesh Rahul at the top have been at their brutal best for the team and are supposed to continue their explosive form. DD probable XI against KXIP in today match Gautam Gambhir (c), Jason Roy, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Glenn Maxwell, Chris Morris, Gurkeerat Singh Mann/Jayant Yadav, Amit Mishra/Rahul Tewatia, Shahbaz Nadeem, Trent Boult, Mohammed Shami A few changes in the bowling department are on the cards. Vija Shanka has had an off season so far, and could probably make way for one of many all-rounders DD has. With Mohammed Shami making his comeback to DD's playing XI in today match, Harshal Patel could be benched. Irrespective of who comes in and goes out, Delhi will have to make their conscious efforts, forgetting how has been their journey in the league so far, what the other teams are doing, and where Kings XI Punjab on points table is. There is no doubt about the fact that they have got match winners, game changers and performers aplenty. The question that still lingers is if they can all come together to win DD vs KXIP today match. They can and if not today, it could be late. Will Delhi Daredevils start their home leg on a winning note?
- IPL 2018 match 20th, SRH vs CSK match prediction & preview: After more than a quarter of the league stage getting completed, Sunrisers make merry winning 3 out of their 4 games. They started their IPL 2018 campaign on a high note and much of the credit goes to their lethal bowling attack that brags the likes of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Chris Jordan, Rashid Khan and Shakib Al Hassan. Arguably one of the best bowling units in this season, SRH has got a perfect combination of pace and spin to decimate any opponent at any ground. Despite losing their last game, Hyderabad won't churn about changes in their playing 11. SRH probable 11 against CSK on April 22 is expected to be the same as it was against Kings XI Punjab in the last game. They won't fancy remaking the combination that won them three games in a row. SRH probable 11 against CSK Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Kane Williamson (c), Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan, Siddarth Kaul, Chris Jordan At the core of SRH's resounding success in the 11th edition of the Indian Premiere League have been some world-class bowlers. Moreover, class and aggression in the batting line-up give them a perfect balance. Now coming into their fifth game, Sunrisers Hyderabad will take on Chennai Super Kings that has been nothing short of unpredictable in the tournament so far, pulling through the heists in their first two games with their combatant efforts. SRH vs CSK match prediction Hyderabad in Hyderabad has been invincible in the league so far bagging a convincing win each in both their home games. But that doesn't mean CSK will lose. If Sunrisers Hyderabad flaunts their best bowling line-up, Chennai Super Kings have depth in their batting with some genuine power hitters in the lower-middle order. Given the strength of both these teams, SRH vs CSK match on April 22 would be a clash between Hyderabad's bowling and Chennai's batting. The wicket at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium as usually will support the batsmen. And if this happens, Chennai could hit the mark. Who will win SRH vs CSK match on April 22 in IPL 2018?
- CSK vs RR today match, prediction & preview: Irrespective of where they play and against whom, Chennai Super Kings is one of the IPL sides known to ginger up any game. They have been pretty much entertaining in all the three previous games, snatching the win in the first two. The biggest talking point in today's IPL match is CSK's 'new home', Pune where 1000 fans from Chennai are coming to support their team. Despite missing the mark from inches in their last game against Kings XI Punjab in Mohali, the yellow army looks confident to protect their new fort Pune in CSK vs RR today match. Royals have got a mixed start to the tournament winning two out of their four matches. Ben Stokes and Jaydev Unadkat are yet to prove their worth in IPL 2018 while D'Arcy Short has struggled to face spin. Sanju Samson has been exceptional in the middle-order with bat ensuring Rajasthan Royals's win in two matches. Skipper Ajinkya Rahan has got off to good starts at times, but hasn't made it count so far. RR will be hoping their bowling attack to come more decimating against Chennai Super Kings in today's match at MCA Stadium, Pune. Now let's have a look at what CSK vs RR today match prediction says. The two sides have come face-to-face 17 times in the IPL history. And what's worth notable here is that CSK has won 11 games. In head-to-head clashes, Chennai Super Kings outrank Rajasthan Royals. However, when talking about the win percentage in Pune, both teams have a 50% record. Given the stats, Super Kings have more chances to win today's match. CSK probable XI against RR in today match MS Dhoni (C & WK), Shane Watson, Murali Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Sam Billings, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Karn Sharma/Imran Tahir, Shardul Thakur/Deepak Chahar, Mark Wood/David Willey RR probable XI against CSK in today match Ajinkya Rahane (C), Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Rahul Tripathi, Heinrich Klaasen/ D'Arcy Short, Jos Buttler (WK), Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, Ben Laughlin/Jofra Archer, Jaydev Unadkat, Dhawal Kulkarni Mark Wood or David Willey might replace one of the two Indian pacers Deepak Chahar or Shardul Thakur. As Wood ended being wicket-less in his last appearance against Kings XI Punjab, Willey is most likely to come in for Deepak Chahar, who has picked up just one wicket in three games. And if that happens, Imran Tahir can make way for Karan Sharma. Injured Suresh Raina is likely to miss the game once again even though he participated in the practice session. Rajasthan Royals can let into Heinrich Klaasen for D'Arcy Short considering the threat CSK's spinner can pose. However, if the tinge of the grass remains intact on the track, Short might be given another opportunity. Also, there is a possibility that Jofra Archer can be handed an IPL debut. And if this happens, Ben Laughlin will be dropped. Will Super Kings get the better of Royals in today IPL match?
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Delhi Daredevils match, April 21: There could have been no worse start to IPL 2018 for RCB and DD. Both teams are undergoing rough patch having lost 3 of their 4 respective games. If Daredevils are the bottommost side, Challengers are no better on the points table. They have their own issues to address with and if not now, it will be late. They do have the potential, but need to convert it into performance. Having been outplayed by Rajasthan Royals and then by Mumbai Indians in their last two games, off-colored RCB are now in need of a quick turnaround in RCB vs DD match on April 21. Despite their constantly increasing woes, RCB hasn't been as much experimental with their foreign recruits as needed. RCB probable 11 against DD Virat Kohli (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), AB de Villiers, Mandeep Singh, Corey Anderson, Chris Woakes, Sarfaraz Khan, Mohammed Siraj/Kulwant Khejroliya, Washington Sundar, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal. Tim Southee, Moeen Ali and Colin de Grandhomme are yet to be tested in the league. Chris Woakes is certainly one who Royal Challengers Bangalore cannot afford to replace given the fact that the English all-rounder has been exceptional with the ball picking 8 wickets in 4 matches so far. Corey Anderson and Brendon McCullum haven't yet played true to their potential. Nor has AB de Villiers been their trump barring once in a game against Kings XI Punjab. Yes! The captain Virat Kohli has shown some intent, but his sole efforts fell insufficient to get the team over the line. Chris Woakes and Umesh Yadav have been at their best with ball. RCB probable 11 against Delhi Daredevils is likely to go unchanged. The only change if comes will be Kulwant Khejroliya for Mohammed Siraj. Will RCB pass the boucebackability test in their next game against DD on April 21?
- Kings XI Punjab vs Sunrisers Hyderabad today match, preview: After a week and a half into the IPL 2018, we have now KXIP facing SRH in Mohali. The two teams have had a dream start to the league so far. Punjab comfortably sits 3rd on the points table having won 2 of their 3 games. Hyderabad, on the other hand, is yet to taste a defeat. Unbeaten both home and away, Sunrisers will aim to extend their winning streak and much of their success will again be relying on their bowling attack, which has accounted for 25 wickets in three matches so far. Game number 16 will be more a contest between Punjab's strong batting line-up and Hyderabad's lethal bowling attack. Now let's have a look at how the pitch is going to behave in Mohali in KXIP vs SRH today match. Like it was in the previous game, a batting-friendly track is on the cards at IS Bindra Stadium. It will be pretty much a 200-plus wicket. If Punjab bats first, 180 is the least-expected score Hyderabad might be chasing. However, when going by the current scenario in IPL 2018, the toss-winning team would love to chase. Kings XI Punjab will again expect a fiery start from their explosive openers Chris Gayle and KL Rahul. SRH, on the other hand, will hope their frontline bowlers to dismiss the duo of Rahul and Gayle down-market. One who wins this initial battle will have more chances to win KXIP vs SRH today match. KXIP playing 11 against SRH in today IPL match KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Aaron Finch/David Miller, Yuvraj Singh/Manoj Tiwary, Karun Nair, Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Andrew Tye, Barinder Sran, Mohit Sharma, Mujeeb Ur Rahman. SRH playing 11 against KXIP in today IPL match Wriddhiman Saha, Shikhar Dhawan, Kane Williamson (c), Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rashid Khan, Siddarth Kaul, Billy Stanlake. KXIP playing 11 against SRH as compared to the one that played last against CSK calls for a few changes. Axar Patel, who also missed the last game has no chances to come back whatsoever given a left tight strain. He will remain out of the contention for a couple of matches. Aaron Finch's two golden ducks in a row can make a way for David Miller. Also the chances of Manoj Tiwari replacing off-colored Yuvraj Singh cannot be negated. Sunrisers Hyderabad has no reason to tinker the combination that earned them three consecutive wins in as many games. Quite obviously, SRH playing 11 against KXIP will go unchanged until made to do some forced changes. Can KXIP break SRH's winning streak in Mohali?
- RR vs KKR today match, preview: Today we have another game in IPL 2018. It's Rajasthan Royals taking on Kolkata Knight Riders in their own den. RR fancy playing home as the only match held here in Jaipur on March 6 brought them a 10-wicket win over Delhi Daredevils following DLS method. If Royals are favorites in their home ground, Riders too have reasons for optimisms having won 2 out of their 4 games. Both the teams are equal on points, but KKR is well ahead of RR on the net run rate. Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders' today match will be an interesting one considering the fact that both teams are looking forward to toning up their presence on the points table. Despite being on the march having won 2 of their 3 games, Rajasthan have their own issues to address with. Wicket in Jaipur is reported to be spin-friendly. And when talking about Rajasthan's spinners, they are not frontline as compared to Kolkata's. If you look at Kolkata spinners, they have the trio of Kuldeep Yadav, Piyush Chawla and Sunil Narine. This time around Narine is equally effective with bat as much as with ball. So he will continue to open the innings for KKR. And the good thing is that Nitish Rana and Andre Russel have been in good form apart from Dinesh Karthik, who at present is the backbone of Kolkata Knight Riders' middle-order. KKR playing 11 against RR Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Andre Russell, Shubman Gill, Rom Curran, Piyush Chawla, Shiwam Mavi, Kuldeep Yadav RR playing 11 against KKR Ajinkya Rahane, D'Arcy Short/Jofra Archer, Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Rahul Tripathi, Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, Dhawal Kulkarni, Jaydev Unadkat, Ben Laughlin While Kolkata is expected to go unchanged in RR vs KKR today match, Rajasthan might come up with one change. The only possible change RR might consider is Jofra Archer for D'Arcy Short. However, this is yet to be seen if Archer is fit to play. The captain Ajinkya Rahane, too, had a slight injury in the last game. There might also be some forced changes if injuries scare. Sanju Samson, the second highest run-scorer for the time being, is certainly the one Rajasthan will rely on a lot with bat. Apart from this, Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler are yet to be seen at their best. Shreyas Gopal had a good game with ball earlier against RCB. RR will also want Gopal to continue his form. Who will win RR vs KKR today match?
- MI vs RCB today match: Mumbai's reputation as a slow-starter or a team making late comeback is unarguable. The side, having made it to the knockout round seven out of last eight times, which also include four final appearances and three title wins, is suffering initial stumbles much like the way they had been since 2010. IPL 2018 is no exception to Rohit Sharma & his men. They have begun the fresh season in a similar fashion. However, going by the history, Mumbai Indians can turn the things dramatically. Presently at the bottom of the table after three consecutive losses in as many games, the defending champions are now in need of a desperate win. In the next encounter, their fourth in IPL 2018, they will have RCB up against them at Wankhede Stadium, their home ground. In MI vs RCB today match, they will rely on their batting line-up, which includes the likes of Evin Lewis, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kerion Polard, Kurnal Pandya and the captain Rohit Sharma himself. MI probable 11 against RCB Rohit Sharma (c), Suryakumar Yadav, Evin Lewis, Ishan Kishan, Kurnal Pandya, Kerion Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, Mayank Markande, Adam Milne, Mustafizur Rahman The biggest fiasco to Mumbai's disappointing start to the league this year has arguably been Rohit's constant failure. Suryakumar Yadav, irrespective of where he comes out to bat, has apparently been impressive giving MI's limping batting line-up some extra edge. He has scored 124 runs in 3 innings at a strike rate of near 135. Next to Suryakumar is Ishan Kishan, who has showed some promise in the middle. Big names like Evin Lewis, Kerion Polard and Rohit Sharma haven't yet played to true their potential. One or two of them will have to play a big knock to bring back Mumbai on track in MI vs RCB today match. MI probable 11 against RCB, as mentioned above, will be without Akila Dananjaya. And the man to replace Lankan pacer will be Adam Milne, who has been deputed for injured Pat Cummins. Milne for Dhananjaya is the only change Rohit Sharma's team can go with against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Will Mumbai Indians snatch their first victory beating RCB in today's match?
- IPL 2018, MI vs DD match: Having lost their first two games the one at home to CSK and the other away to SRH the off-colored MI now seeks upswing of their incipient ignominy. Two heartbreaking defeats in a row are what put Mumbai Indians in desperate need of a quick turnaround. Things haven't gone according to their plan as of now, but they should be proud of their young leg-spinner Mayank Markande, who with his constantly-dramatic spells has overshadowed the impact of Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Rashid Khan and Shakib Al Hasan in the opposition. Arguably one of the best finds for Mumbai this year, Markande has made a statement in just a matter of six days since IPL 2018 began. In the opening game against CSK, he picked up 3 wickets at an economy of just 5.75. If this doesn't mark his spin supremacy, the 20-year Punjabi spinner bagged 4 wickets in the very next game against SRH, single-handedly keeping his team alive in a moderate defense until the last ball of Cutting was smashed to the boundary for a winning four. Markande, for the time being, is topping the bowlers chart with 7 wickets in pocket in just 2 matches. The stats above make him the player to watch out for in MI vs DD match, to be played on March 14 at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. For the home side, it's now time to churn about changes. MI probable 11 against DD would be slightly different than what it was in the previous game. Mitchell McClenaghan is likely to replace Ben Cutting, given the fact that he wasn't as impressive against SRH as expected. Rahul Chahar is also on the card to come in for Pradeep Sangwan. The other change Mumbai can go about is Jean-Paul Duminy for Evin Lewis. Mumbai Indians probable 11 against DD Rohit Sharma (c), Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, Evin Lewis/Jean-Paul Duminy, Ishan Kishan (wk), Krunal Pandya, Mitchell McClenaghan/Ben Cutting, Pradeep Sangwan/Rahul Chahar, Mustafizur Rahman Mayank Markande, Jasprit Bumrah Their top-order hasn't lived up to the expectations with Rohit Sharma and Evin Lewis failing to utilize the mandatory powerplay on both the occasions. Rohit can draft in Jean-Paul Duminy for Evin Lewis. Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, Kurnal Pandya and Suryakumar Yadav have come good with their small contribution with bat. So, Mumbai won't be looking for their replacement in MI vs DD match. Will Mumbai Indians get off the mark in their next encounter against Delhi Daredevils?
- Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab match, IPL 2018: After what turned out to be a gloomy day for RCB in their opening fixture at Eden Gardens, Kohli's men are now eyeing a comeback in the home comfort at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium. They will take on upbeat Kings XI Punjab next. With two IPL heavyweights locking horns this Friday, the match will be no less a thrilling blockbuster. Both teams are expected to go with an unchanged playing eleven. However for the Kings, Aron Finch, who missed the first game due to his wedding, will be available for selection. And if he gets a chance, Marcus Stoinis can brace the bench strength. KXIP probable 11 against RCB IPL 2018 Ravichandran Ashwin (c), KL Rahul, Yuvraj Singh, Karun Nair, Mayank Agarwal, David Miller, Marcus Stoinis/Aron Finch, Axar Patel, Andrew Tye, Mohit Sharma, Mujeeb ur Rahman RCB probable 11 against KXIP IPL 2018 Virat Kohli (c), Brendon McCullum, Quinton de Kock (wk), AB de Villiers, Sarfraz Khan, Mandeep Singh, Chris Woakes, Washington Sundar, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kulwant Khejroliya Punjab is armed with enough ammunition in their artillery to dent RCB's hopes. KL Rahul, the one to slam the fastest ever IPL fifty earlier in the game against Delhi Daredevils, is not the only batsman Kings XI Punjab would rely on for power hitting. Yuvraj Singh, Karun Nair and David Miller down to the middle-order can also invade the opponent's bowling attack in Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kings XI Punjab match. Aron Finch if given a chance can, too, land RCB in trouble with his firepower. Moreover, the likes of Andrew Tye, Mohit Sharma, Axar Patel and R Ashwin in the bowling line-up give balance to the squad. Mujeeb ur Rahman is a handy pace option Punjab can take advantage of. He proved his worth with the ball in first game against DD, picking up two crucial wickets. Despite studded with some of the world's real T20 bashers, Royal Challengers Bangalore is yet to prove a lot in their upcoming fixtures. They have Brendon McCullum and Quinton de Kock top of the order to give them a fiery start. However, if they fail, the duo of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers is capable enough to compensate the early loss. Sarfaraz Khan, Mandeep Singh and Chris Woakes can also prove to be a worthy contributor with bat. From Brandon to Woakes, RCB counts in good strikers of the ball in their line-up. This year, they have got some proven bowling options too. Umesh Yadav, who enjoyed his form bagging two wickets in the last game against KKR, is expected to continue his show. Chris Woakes comes in as another wicket-taking pace option for RCB in IPL 2018. Spin department will adequately depend on Washington Sundar and Yujvendra Chahal. If they get spin and bounce, Punjab will be in trouble. Will RCB make a comeback against KXIP in the home comfort?
- SRH vs MI today match, preview: The IPL 2018 caravan reaches Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad for the season's 7th match between SRH and MI, the league's two heavyweights having a contrasting start to their campaign this year. While Mumbai conceded a disappointing one-wicket loss to CSK in their opening game, Hyderabad registered a clinical nine-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals. Sunrisers are eyeing to extend their winning run in front of their home crowd. And what makes them favorites in today's game is their previous home record. Back in IPL 2017, SRH won six of their seven matches in Hyderabad. And now coming into this season, they got off the mark with a thumping victory over RR. The stats get enough to bear witness Sunrisers Hyderabad's supremacy in their home ground. SRH have no reason to fine tune their line-up. Despite the fact that all their players in the current playing XI are doing well, Hyderabad can draft in Carlos Brathwaite or Mohammad Nabi for Billy Stankle. With hales likely to miss a chance in SRH vs MI today match too, Wriddhiman Saha can open the innings alongside Shikhar Dhawan. SRH probable 11 against MI Kane Williamson (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Manish Pandey, Deepak Hooda, Yusuf Pathan, Shakib al Hasan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Billy Stanlake, Rashid Khan, Siddarth Kaul. MI probable 11 against SRH Rohit Sharma (c), Evin Lewis, Krunal Pandya, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya/Saurabh Tiwary, Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, Mayank Markande, Mitchell McClenaghan, Mustafizur Rahman, Jasprit Bumrah. Mumbai Indians are yet to get off the mark. With their openers struggling to come promising and bowlers failing to pick line & length in their first game, Mumbai can consider a few changes in their line-up. Pat Cummins is already out due to a back injury. Rohit Sharma's team will still persist with their four pacers on a seam-friendly wicket in Hyderabad. Hardik Pandya is also suffering an ankle injury that he sustained in the last game against Chennai Super Kings. If he isn't fit to play, Saurabh Tiwary can replace him in MI probable 11 against SRH. Mumbai Indians are in need of quick turnaround. If they want to win the game, one of their openers Rohit Sharma or Evin Lewis will have to play true to their potential. Other than this, Kurnal Pandya and Ishan Kishan will need to give some solidity in the middle. Keiron Polard, the proven match winner, will be the man to watch out for in SRH vs MI today match, IPL 2018. Can Mumbai Indians breach SRH's fortress in today's IPL match?
- RR vs DD match preview: Delhi Daredevils and Rajasthan Royals are set to lock horns in their respective second game of IPL 2018 at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, on April 11. A disappointing start to the league for both teams each must have dented their confidence a bit. But as the tournament is at its outset, both teams have opportunities at par to mark their comeback. In their opening game of IPL 2018, Rajasthan were completely off-colored with their batting-order getting collapsed at a moderate total of 125 runs. Delhi Daredavils, on the other hand, had shown some fighting spirit before their bowlers failed to defend a competitive 166-run total. Ajinkya Rahane's men stumbled to a 9-wicket defeat in their first match against SRH. Things, however, haven't gone according to their plan so far, hopes and optimisms are still there to give them the coveted push. Now let's have a look at Rajasthan Royals' predicted playing XI, which constitutes a perfect combination of class, power-hitter, spin and pace. RR's probable playing 11 against DD Ajinkya Rahane (c), D Arcy Short, Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Rahul Tripathi, Jos Buttler, Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, Dhawal Kulkarni, Jaydev Unadkat, Ben Laughlin RR's top order is studded with a destructive batsman D Arcy Short, who showed his power hitting in the Big Bash League. Ajinkya Rahan will accompany Short to give his team the needed start. Up next the quartet of Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Rahul Tripathi and Jos Buttler gives balance to the line-up. While Samson and Tripathi will be holding the RR's innings in the middle overs, Stokes and Butller have the ability to play some big shorts towards the end. Also, Rajasthan Royal's win depend a lot on how Kulkarni and Unadkat bowl. RR vs DD match is going to be a nail-biting affair. If you don't believe, have a look at Delhi Daredevils' predicted 11 against RR too. Both the teams have match winners on a par. If Rajasthan boasts on the likes of Ajinkya Rahane (c), D Arcy Short, Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Delhi Daredevils looks no weaker. DD probable playing 11 against RR Gautam Gambhir (c), Colin Munro/Jason Roy, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Rahul Tewatia, Vijay Shankar, Chris Morris, Daniel Christian/Glenn Maxwell, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Mohammed Shami Delhi Daredevils will have Colin Munro and Gautam Gambhir in their opening slot following Sheryas Iyer, Vijay Shankar and Rishabh Pant down to the middle-order. And likes of Chris Morris and Daniel Christian in the lower-order will have the finishing responsibility with bat. In the pace department, they have Trent Boult and Mohammed Shami along with all-rounder Chris Morris. Spin department will solely depend on Amit Mishra. Delhi Daredevils' probable playing 11 against RR looks quite balanced and competent. Will Rajasthan Royals beat Delhi Daredevils in their second IPL 2018 game?
- CSK vs KKR today match preview: Having got a winning start to their IPL 2018 campaign, the two-time champions KKR now travel to Chepauk Stadium in Chennai to face the men in Yellow led by MS Dhoni. Kolkata Knight Riders will be looking to extend their winning run coming into their second game of the season. The surface at Chepauk is likely to be slow and spin-friendly. To restrict CSK at the lowest possible score, Kolkata Knight Riders will heavily rest on their spinners' lot, which includes the likes of Sunil Narine and Piyush Chawla. However, if Kuldeep Yadav gets a chance in place of Chawla, he, too, will get the bounce and spin. Narine would again be eyeing some nifty contribution for his team, more so with the ball this time against Chennai Super Kings in IPL 2018. Apart from just expecting the firepower from their openers Robin Uthappa and Chris Lynn, KKR will rely on Dinesh Karthik and Nitish Rana for solidity down to the middle-order. The newly-appointed captain Karthik looks in great nick with bat. Andre Russell, arguably one of the world's best all-rounders can contribute his team with his vital seam bowling and finishing abilities. So, KKR probable playing 11 against CSK looks quite balanced and competent to hit the mark. Super Kings, too, will come confident riding on their one-wicket victory over Mumbai Indians in the season's opener. Dwayne Bravo's stormy knock that brought the men in Yellow close to the finish line will definitely give hopes to CSK against the dangerous KKR. Without much ado, now let's have a look at the probable XIs of both teams each. KKR probable playing 11 against CSK Dinesh Karthik (c), Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Rinku Singh, Vinay Kumar, Piyush Chawla, Mitchell Johnson, Kuldeep Yadav CSK probable playing 11 against KKR MS Dhoni (c), Shane Watson, Murali Vijay, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Mark Wood, Imran Tahir CSK vs KKR head-to-head in Indian Premiere League In head-to-head clashes over the course of their IPL journey, Chennai Super Kings holds the edge winning 10 out of 17 games. Kolkata Knight Riders, on the other hand, has chipped in with just 6 wins as the rest one was washed out. Not only does this statistical review make CSK favorites in the game against KKR, but also the home support come as an added supplementation to their confident and chances to win. The atmosphere in the cricket arena will turn electric when CSK vs KKR today match will begin sharp at 8 PM. Dealing with a blow in form of injured Kedar Jadhav, who has been ruled out of the tournament, CSK can include David Willey as his replace in the probable 11 against KKR. Willey, the England's left-arm seamer and also a handy lower-order batsman, will be seen filling the void of Kedar Jadhav. So, CSK probable playing 11 against KKR is not supposed to undergo any change barring Kedar Jadhav, who is out due to injury. On a track that is reported to assist spin, Ravindra Jadeja and Harbhajan Singh will have the responsibility to stop KKR's decimating batting order. Moreover, the likes of Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Dwayne Bravo, Ambati Rayudu and captain MSD himself in the line-up can win any game, against any opposition. Who will win CSK vs KKR today match?
- After a decade of disappointment, Daredevils brought back Gambhir into their contingent hoping he can turn their fortunes with his exceptional leading abilities. Despite constantly being shored up with some of the world's big cricketing demigods over the course of their 10-year IPL trek, Delhi hasn't yet performed true to their potential. The draught of a title win and the stigma of not being even a runner-up in any of the previous seasons have led Delhi-based franchise to undergo major changes time and time again. Lack of talent hasn't been the sole reason to their fiasco. Instead, they have failed to somewhere pile up their managerial strategies, luck and performances. They started with the likes of Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir in the inaugural season, but that didn't work. The next year, it was than Yuvraj Singh and Pawan Negi whom they put their trust and money on. When things didn't work, they released them all. Having suffered a decade of failure, Daredevils move into IPL 2018 handing their helm in Gambhir's hand and hoping a fresh start to their disappointed run. Much of Delhi's success now rests on the former KKR captain Gautam Gambhir, who has made Knight Riders the two-time champions. The domestic talents they have invested in include Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Manjot Kalra, Abhishek Sharma and Vijay Shankar. Amongst their international recruits are Chris Morris, Colin Munro, Glenn Maxwell and Jason Roy. And the quartet brings in plenty of international experience. Delhi Daredevils squad IPL 2018:Gautam Gambhir, Glenn Maxwell, Jason Roy, Rishabh Pant, Chris Moriris, Amit Mishra, hreyas Iyer, Shahbaz Nadeem, Kagiso Rabada, Mohammad Shami, Trent Boult, Vijay Shankar, Colin Munro, Rahul Tewatia, Naman Ojha, Avesh Khan, Daniel Christian, Abhishek Sharma, Sayan Ghosh, Prithvi Shaw, Harshal Patel, Manjot Kalra, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Sandeep Lamichhane and Jayant Yadav. With this much of talent, DD has the balance and flexibility to the way they approach a game. A mixture of calm and destruction at the top can be visible in their strategy. Gambhir is likely to open the innings with either Roy or Munro. Glenn Maxwell can take up the responsibility in the middle with youngsters like Iyer, Pant and Tripathi around. Before discussing Delhi Daredevils probable playing XI in IPL 11, let's have a look at their pace battery that looks fully charged with likes of Trent Boult, Kagiso Rabada and Mohammed Shami. Delhi Daredevils probable playing XI in IPL 2018 Gautam Gambhir (c), Colin Munro/Jason Roy, Shreyas Iyer, Glenn Maxwell, Rahul Tewatia, Rishabh Pant, Abhishek Sharma, Chris Morris, Amit Mishra, Mohammed Shami, Trent Boult. Absence of Kagiso Rabada, who is out due to injury, can worry Daredevils a little. Amit Mishra, Shahbaz Nadeem, Jayant Yadav and Sandeep Lamichhane are specialist spinners in Delhi Daredevils squad IPL 2018. Can Gambhir turn Delhi Daredevil's fortunes in IPL 2018?