Virat Kohli Highest Run Scorer in India Vs New Zealand ODI Series 2016
Question in detail
Kohli's unbeaten 85 in the opening game of India Vs New Zealand ODI series led the hosts 1-0. Deprived of the man of the match award, Kohli's smashing knock doesn't seem to go waste as it earned India a well-deserved victory. As the series has a long way to go, the 'Chase Master' is perhaps looking something bigger, better and pricier. The most he might quest from here on is topping the table of highest run scorer in India Vs New Zealand ODI series 2016 and subsequently claiming the player of the series award. It comes as no wonder if he achieves the same.
A naturally aggressive batsman, Virat Kohli has all the cricketing shots in his accounts, including drives, cuts, pulls, lofts, flicks and more. Over the years, he has emerged as one of the pack-leading faces to steer India through the route to success. In recent time, he is the backbone of Indian batting line-up. There is hardly any match that leaves Virat Kohli unnoticed and unmarked. The way Kohli played at Dharamshala on Sunday was just teaser of what he is capable of doing. If you guys speculate Kohli to be highest run scorer in India Vs New Zealand ODI series 2016, you must be willing him to come with some more special innings in the upcoming matches.
Will Virat Kohli become the highest run scorer in India Vs New Zealand ODI series?
- England vs India, second T20: Having completely outfoxed England in the first T20, the men in blue now travel to Cardiff with an eye on an early closure to the three-match series. It was Kuldeep Yadav's fifer and KL Rahul's stormy hundred that kept the hosts far from the win. Other than these two, India bags a host of promising performers, who can take the driver seat whenever needed. A few other factors to watch out for in the upcoming games are: Rohit-Shikhar's opening combo, the Virat factor and the Chahal' magic. KL Rahul has emerged out to be the biggest positive with bat. His hunger to score seems endless given the form he is undergoing at present. Raina, too, comes with prolific T20 experience that can do enough damage for the opposition in case the top-order fails to deliver. So, challenges for England are enormous to be addressed. Someone has to be the rafter to bring England back into contention. Who? They can't just rest on Jos Buttler, who played a promising knock in the previous game. Although there are a plenty of batting options in the English line-up, puzzling out Chahal-Kuldeep's wrist spin would be the biggest concern for the English batsmen. What's going to be the key to England's win in the next game is how they tackle the spin. And if they again fail to read out the spin twin, another loss would be no surprise. India's playing XI for England's 2nd T20: Virat Kohli(C), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (WK), Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav England probable eleven for second T20: Eoin Morgan(C), Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball/Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, David Willey For a valid reason, India is likely to stick to the same playing XI that emerged victorious in the first game. England, on the other hand, is highly likely to make some changes in their playing eleven. There is strong possibility that Sam Curran or Jake Ball can make their international T20 debut in England vs India second T20. Will India seal the series in the second T20 against England?
- Eng vs Ind, 1st T20: The real blockbuster begins now as the men in blue lock horns with England in the first T20. The two teams are set to pack a punch in what can be termed as a high-octane affair. Kohli and his men are coming off two consecutive wins against Ireland and that poses a threat to the hosts to some extent. The two-match T20 series against Ireland, however, was more a practice session ahead of the arduous 71-day assignment, commencing from Tuesday at Old Trafford, Manchester. England, too, is undergoing remarkable form. Their strong recent showing against Australia and India's fruitful batting-bowling combination together raises the viewers' expectations a notch higher in Eng vs Ind, 1st T20. Back in 2017 when the two teams met in a three-match T20 series in India, Kohli's battalion won it 2-1. However, the overall head-to-head record between these two sides puts in a good word for England's limited-over virtuosity. But, those stats matter little given the fact that the sides have improvised a lot over the years and have set a new benchmark for themselves. England's playing eleven for today T20: Eoin Morgan (c), Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, Joe Root, Alex Hales, Jonny Bairstow, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett England can come with the same squad that emerged victorious against Australia at Edgbaston last week. Captain Eoin Morgan, however, confirmed to be experimental throughout the three-match series, looking ahead to the next T20 world cup. With Ben Stokes and Tom Curran being unfit for Eng vs Ind, 1st T20I, Morgan might be left with limited batting options. Chris Jordan, David Willey and Liam Plunkett should be shouldering the seam responsibilities. Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali are the spin options England can go with. India's playing XI for England's first T20: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik/Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav India might be churning about selecting their opening pair with Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul looking at their brutal best with bat. While Dhawan and Rohit enjoyed a blitz 74 and 97 respectively in the first match against Irish team, Rahul made the most of his only chance with 36-ball 70 in the very second game. Umesh Yadav could be the first choice to replace injured Jasprit Bumrah. He has emerged as the biggest positive for the team this year and is likely to edge Sidharth Kaul in the fast-bowler's slot left vacant by Bumrah. There could also be a tossup between Manish Pandey and Dinesh Karthik for a spot in the middle-order. Will team India begin England's limited-over challenge on a winning note?
- IPL 2018 qualifier 1: How Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings finished in the top-two riding on their surpassing IPL journey is not a matter of discussion today. What is rather a talk of the town is who will get the ticket to final in the first attempt, winning qualifier 1 at Wankhede Satadium, Mumbai. Sunrisers stole the top spot with a slight advantage in the NRR over Kings. However, after qualifying for the playoffs, they have lost three games in a row and that might dent their confidence in the high-pressure game today. They will remain alive even if gets outplayed by Chennai in IPL 2018 qualifier 1. As even a defeat won't keep them out of the contention for the final, Williamnson-led side will look to be the first finalist in the very first attempt. The bigger worry for them is that they are up against a side that has beaten them twice in this season. Chennai Super Kings still need to address their death overs woes, particularly with ball. They have blown hot and cold in their IPL 2018 journey. Since April 25, they have gained 5 wins with each following with a defeat. And if the trend continues in SRH vs CSK qualifier 1 as well, a loss might overshadow their last win against KXIP. CSK probable 11 in the first qualifier MS Dhoni (c), Ambati Rayudu, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Faf du Plessis/Sam Billings, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Deepak Chahar, Harbhajan Singh, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi Shane Watson can be given a chance for either Sam Billings or Faf du Plessis in CSK's endeavor to tone up the top-order. And if he comes in, they will also get medium-fast bowling option to operate in crunch situations. In the last game, Chennai Super Kings had Deepak Chahar and Harbhajan Singh batting ahead of Dhoni, Jadeja and Bravo. The batting order that was shuffled as a part of experiment could be reset again to its original order. SRH playing 11 for qualifier 1 Kane Williamson (c), Alex Hales/Shreevats Goswami (wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Carlos Brathwaite, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddarth Kaul, Sandeep Sharma, Rashid Khan Hyderabad's bowling, which had been at its brutal best in the first half, has gone under fire recently. But, SRH is likely to stick to the same bowling unit that worked for them initially. Carlos Brathwaite was impressive with the ball in the last game. And for this reason, he could be retained. Although Shreevats Goswami had a good day with bat at the top against KKR, Alex Hales could be given a chance in IPL 2018 qualifier 1. Who will win Qualifier 1 in IPL 2018?
- DD vs CSK today match: Delhi Daredevils, the only side out of contention for the playoffs, have nothing to lose against Chennai Super Kings. A win at Kotla won't change their fortunes, but it's highly likely that they will play the party pooper coming close to their disappointing IPL 2018 campaign. Apparently with no hope to spring back, DD will love to wrap up their season with a couple home wins. CSK, on the other hand, is moving in their 13th game as one of the top two sides, who have already made it to the playoffs. Second on the points table with 16 points in 12 games, Dhoni and his men now seek to seal top-two finish. Already into the playoffs but are yet to secure a spot in the top two, Kings have more to play for than just pride and vanity. And a win against Delhi Daredevils in today match is all they would take for top-two finish. DD playing 11 for today match Shreyas Iyer (c), Prithvi Shaw, Jason Roy, Rishabh Pant (wk), Harshal Patel, Vijay Shankar, Junior Dala, Sandeep Lamichhane, Amit Mishra, Abhishek Sharma, Trent Boult Daredevils can be little experimental with their playing eleven as they have nothing to lose. In Abhishek Sharma, they have found another impressive youngster. Few more inclusions are on the cards. CSK playing 11 against DD MS Dhoni (c), Ambati Rayudu, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Sam Billings, Deepak Chahar, David Willey, Harbhajan Singh, Shardul Thakur With no reason to make any change, CSK will probably to stick to the same squad. Ambati Rayudu will be the key in the top order. Raina, who hasn't yet played true to his reputation, is needed to get back in form towards the business end of the tournament. Who will win DD vs CSK today match at Feroz Shah Kotla?
- KXIP vs RCB today match: For Punjab, it's been a tale of two halves with the first one being rather glittery as it brought them five wins in six matches. Thereafter in dramatic turn of events, Ashwin and his men lost four of their five matches. Who would have envisaged such a nosedive in their form after that fairytale start? Not even Kings themselves! On a three-match losing streak, Kings XI Punjab need a quick turnaround as time is running short for them. Although currently at third position with 12 points in 11 games, Kings can see themselves competing with a host of other teams for a spot in the playoffs. And all it would take them is another defeat something that they won't fancy against ones (RCB) struggling second from the bottom. It's yet not over for Royal Challengers Bangalore. However, the equation for them to make it to the playoffs is quite tricky. Apart from just winning all their remaining games, they would heavily rely on how the other teams fare in their respective games. KXIP probable 11 for today match Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Aaron Finch, David Miller, Karun Nair, Manoj Tiwary, Axar Patel, AJ Tye, Ankit Rajpoot, Mohit Sharma Punjab needs to address the issue of their struggling middle-order. A look at the optional practice session gives us a hint of a few changes they can go with in today match. Mujeeb Ur Rahman, who had an off day in the last game, can make way for David Miller to strengthen the middle order. Ankit Rajpoot can also come in for Birender Sarn. RCB playing 11 against KXIP Virat Kohli (c), Moeen Ali, Parthiv Patel, AB de Villiers, Mandeep Singh, Colin de Grandhomme, Sarfaraz Khan, Tim Southee, Umesh Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mohammad Siraj Royal Challengers need to keep the wining momentum on to entertain their near-impossible chances of making it to the playoffs. Given RCB's last win, it looks that Kohli has finally got his hands on the winning formula. They are likely to go with the eleven that won them the last game against Delhi Daredevils. Who will win KXIP vs RCB today match at Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore?
- RR vs CSK today match: In a must-win situation in all their remaining four games, Royals have gone past the stage of trial and error. They managed to keep themselves alive beating KXIP in the last game. The win must be a confidence booster for them. Three consecutive fifties from Jos Buttler, who hadn't capitalized on a few good opportunities earlier, will be a big relief to Rajasthan. Also, they had their bowlers on right line and length defending a moderate total of 158 runs in their last home game. Contrary to how Royals have done so far in the tournament, Super Kings have ticked all boxes right with 14 out of 20 possible points in bag. In a rather comfortable position than where RR sits on the points table currently, Chennai is just one win away from the playoffs qualification. And if they win RR vs CSK today match, they will become the second team to cement a spot in the playoffs next to SRH. CSK playing 11 against RR MS Dhoni (c), Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Dhruv Shorey, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, David Willey, Lungi Ngidi, Shardul Thakur, Harbhahan Singh Chennai Super Kings don't seem to have any concern with the playing 11 that won them their last game against Royal Challengers Bangalore. However, the issue they still need to address is their death bowling. Also they will miss the right spin option on a track that seems to be supporting slow bowlers. RR probable 11 for today match Ajinkya Rahane (c), Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, Mahipal Lomror, Stuart Binny/Rahul Tripathi, Ben Stokes, K Gowtham, Ish Sodhi, Jaydev Unadkat, Anureet Singh/Dhawal Kulkarni, Jofra Archer If the nature of the track at Sawai Mansingh Stadium doesn't call for looking at a few interchangeable options in the playing eleven, Rajasthan Royals will stick to the same combination that won them the last game. The possible changes for a few spots could be: Stuart Binny for Rahul Tripathi and Anureet Singh/Dhawal Kulkarni. Who will win RR vs CSK today match at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur?
- DD vs SRH today match: With 14 matches to go before the playoffs round in IPL 2018, all the teams have geared to find a place in the top-four. Things cannot be more different for Sunrisers, who are the table topper at present. However, to consolidate a spot in the playoffs, they would need just one win. And there could be not better opportunity for them to make it today as they have struggling Delhi up against them. SRH and DD are standing at the opposite ends with former pampering the top-spot and later bemoaning a blow-per show at the bottom of the table. It's been a contrasting start for both teams each; hypothetical for one while nightmarish for the other. DD probable 11 for today match Shreyas Iyer (c), Glenn Maxwell, Pritvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Naman Ojha, Daniel Christian, Vijay Shankar, Liam Plunkett, Avesh Khan, Trent Boult, Amit Mishra For the last five years, DD hasn't managed to finish above 6th. More notably, they have finished with a wooden spoon thrice in their overall IPL history. Story remains the same for Delhi Daredevils even though they have the likes of Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Trent Boult and Amit Mishra. The players seem to have been in good form, but lack of collective performance is a reason to their fiasco. Daredevils have all their remaining four games at home. SRH playing 11 against DD Kane Williamson (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Alex Hales, Manish Pandey, Shakib Al Hasan, Wriddhiman Saha, Yusuf Pathan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Siddarth Kaul, Sandeep Sharma, Rashid Khan Sunrisers Hyderabad, on the other hand, has emerged as one of the best bowling units, evidently defending a total of less than 150 and even 140 on a couple of occasions. On an unbeaten streak since April 22nd, SRH have won five games in a row with three of them coming as a result of their magnificent bowling efforts. So, the away team would eye to continue their winning run in DD vs SRH today match. Who will win DD vs SRH today match at Feroz Shah Kotla?
- KKR vs MI today match preview: Two back-to-back wins when it mattered most is a coating to Mumbai's blow-par show in IPL 2018. But, that's not all to let them heave a sigh of relief there is many a slip between the cup and the lip. Currently in a position to win all the remaining games, Rohit and his men will be eying some more likewise efforts and performances to have a shot at making to the playoffs. And the first step in this endeavor is to beat Kolkata Knight Riders in today's clash. Mumbai Indians have Kolkata Knight Riders up against them at Eden Garden. The away team far outweighs he hosts in head to head clashes. MI has had a wonderful track record against KKR. They have won 17 out of 21 clashes. When the two teams met last on Sunday, Mumbai clinched a 13-run win. In KKR vs MI today match, the hosts will be seeking momentum as the pressure is mounting high on them. So far in the tournament, KKR has registered 5 wins and as many defeats in 10 games. Heading into the business end of the IPL 2018, Knight Riders have shifted all their focus at cementing a spot in the top-four. But to achieve that, they need to address some issues, particularly their powerplay woes with the ball. Robin Uthappa, one of their key batsmen, has not produced even a single match-winning knock for his team. This is frustrating. KKR at this stage of the tournament will want Uthappa to take up the responsibilities with bat in the top-order. KKR playing 11 for today match Dinesh Karthik (c), Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Shubman Gill, Piyush Chawla, Mitchell Johnson, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna Shivam Mavi, who missed the last game due to finger injury, is highly unlikely to be fit for the game today. Nor will Rinku Singh make his way to KKR's playing 11 for today match. So, Kolkata will stick to the unchanged eleven against Mumbai. MI probable 11 against KKR Rohit Sharma (c), Evin Lewis, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (wk), JP Duminy, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Jasprit Bumrah, Mayank Markande Mumbai is likely to take on Kolkata with an unchanged playing eleven today. They have a charged-up pace battery to make the most of Eden Gardens's track. Also, their spinners, especially Mayank Markande and Kurnal Pandya are doing well. In batting, all eyes will be on Rohit Sharma, who has had a quiet IPL so far. Another batsman to watch out for will be Hardik Pandya, who helped MI register a crucial win against KKR in the last match, scoring 35 runs and picking 2 wickets. Who will win KKR vs MI today match at Eden Garden?
- Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians today match preview: Having had a start, contrary to their interest, the defending champions are now in a situation where every match ahead is a must-win clash for them. Just one defeat and their chances to the playoffs will get demolished. All that they will need from here on is a late surge to come into the race again. Bottom of the table is not where they would have envisaged themselves about a month ago, when the tournament started. Time is running short for them to pick themselves up like they did in the past. Back in 2014, Mumbain Indians were in a similar position with only four points in eight games, but managed a theatric turnaround to clinch the title. To repeat those efforts, they would need to address some issues, particularly their batting. Over against how Mumbai Indians have fared in the league so far, Kings XI Punjab appears to be in a rather comfortable zone winning five of their seven games. They are now fourth on the points table and just a few of wins away from the playoffs. The momentum is with them, but they are coming off a week-long break. In between the time they were away from cricket, the other teams have made a steady progress. Punjab will be eying an upsurge on the points table and the first step in this endeavor will be a win in KXIP vs MI today match. Mumbai probable 11 against Punjab Rohit Sharma (c), Evin Lewis/Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, JP Duminy, Ishan Kishan, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Ben Cutting, Mitchell McClenaghan, Mayank Markande, Jasprit Bumrah Evin Lewis is suffering a wrist injury and his fitness status is still unknown. If he recovers completely, he is likely to be back in Mumbai playing 11 for today match. And if he comes, another West Indian Kieron Pollard will be out. KXIP playing 11 in today match R Ashwin (c), Chris Gayle, KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Manoj Tiwary, Aaron Finch/David Miller, Karun Nair, Birender Sarn/Mohit Sharma, Ankit Rajpoot, Andrew Tye, Mujeeb Ur Rahman Kings XI Punjab can consider bringing back Mohit Sharma for Barinder Sran, who has been expensive in last few games. David Miller's inclusion is also on the cards. Miller, who is likely to replace Aaron Finch, can give some solidity to Punjab's middle-order. Will KXIP demolish MI's hopes to the playoffs in today match?
- KKR vs CSK today match preview: Dhoni and his men have to be credited for where they are on the points table at the moment. Enjoying the comfort of the top spot with six wins in eight games, Chennai Super Kings have been dominant throughout both in chase and defense. Three of their wins came chasing while the rest were evidence of their solid defense. Just two more wins and they will be putting a foot in the playoffs. And what they will be focusing right now is a top-spot consolidation. With four wins and as many defeats in bag, KKR have had a mixed journey in the tournament so far. They began on a winning note, but lack of consistency has been the reason of their continued decline. Kolkata Knight Riders will be well aware of the threat CSK can pose with their batting virtuosity, which has been quite tangible in the league so far. The visitors, on the other hand, would like to address their death bowling. Yet again they will fall back on Dwayne Bravo with possibility of Lungi Ngidy coming into the mix. A better performance from their death bowlers is what CSK will be hopping. KKR also need to find a quick solution to their death bowling that has not been at its best so far. With new ball, too, they have struggled a lot over the course of their eight-match journey, managing just 7 wickets in powerplay. More notably in the last four games, their bowlers haven't produced even a single wicket in the powerplay. And it hurts both the team and their fans as well. CSK playing 11 against KKR in today match MS Dhoni (C), Faf du Plessis, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, KM Asif, Lungi Ngidi Chennai Super Kings invited four changes to their playing XI in the last game against Delhi Daredevils. MS Dhoni has been quite experimental with his playing XI in successive games, but it's highly unlikely that he will now bring about any change. KKR probable 11 in today match Dinesh Karthik (C), Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Shubman Gill, Rinku Singh/ Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Shivam Mavi, Piyush Chawla, Mitchell Johnson, Kuldeep Yadav Nitish Rana, who suffered a lower back spasm in the last game against Royal Challengers Bangalore, is doubtful to play. If he doesn't fit, Shubhman Gill can be pushed up in the batting order in KKR vs CSK today match. Also, KKR can slot in Rinku Singh for the finishing job. Will CSK consolidate top spot conquering inconsistent KKR in today match?
- DD vs RR today match preview: Back at the bottom again having conceded a 13-run loss to CSK in the last game, troubled Delhi is now in a scenario where every game after this will be a must-win clash for them. A defeat in today's match, however if comes, may not get them out of the play-off race. What gives Delhi Daredevils ray of hopes in the tournament ahead is that five of their six games are at home. And the downside is that three of their opponents in the lot are currently placed first and second on the points table. If Daredevils fail to bag a win against RR in today's IPL match, it will be tricky for them to spring back. Quite inconsistent, Rajasthan as a team has blown hot and cold over the course of their journey in the tournament so far with 3 wins in 7 games. Royals are currently fifth next to KKR on the points table. If they are out of top-four now, it's all due to the loss to SRH in the last game that they should have won. Rahane and his men know that a win in DD vs RR today match will get them back in the top-four. DD playing 11 in today match Shreyas Iyer (c), Colin Munro, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar, Rahul Tewatia, Liam Plunkett, Amit Mishra, Trent Boult, Avesh Khan For DD, no change is on the cards. They will probably stick to the same side that played last against CSK. Shreyas Iyer was unlucky enough to suffer a run-out in the last game. Rishabh Pant and Vijay Shankar, who had a good knock, will again be holding up inconsistent Delhi's middle-order. The opening pair of Collin Munro and Prithvi Shaw will be backed by Shreyas Iyer at the first down. So, Delhi won't also come experimental with their batting order. RR probable 11 against DD Ajinkya Rahane (c), Rahul Tripathi, Sanju Samson, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Mahipal Lomror, K Gowtham, Jofra Archer, Dhawal Kulkarni, Ish Sodhi, Jaydev Unadkat Royals haven't yet got a fiery start from their openers, not even once. Also, what comes as another big concern for them is the lack of significant contributions from their overseas players, with Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler in particular. Despite suffering a loss in the last game, Rajasthan Royals won't probably consider any change in their playing XI. So, RR probable 11 against DD, in all likelihood, will remain the same. Who is your favorite in DD vs RR today IPL match?
- CSK vs DD today match preview: At the opposite spectrum of the points' table midway into IPL 2018, Super Kings and Daredevils would not have envisaged themselves to be at this position three weeks ago, when the league kicked off. Apparently going has been tough for DD, a side that arguably has the most destructive line-up this season. They have lost 5 of their 7 game so far and are bottom of the table with just 4 points. CSK, on the other hand, has done the exact opposite, managing a second spot at this point of the tournament. DD playing 11 in today match Shreyas Iyer (C), Colin Munro, Prithvi Shaw, Rishabh Pant (WK), Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar, Rahul Tewatia, Amit Mishra, Liam Plunkett, Avesh Khan, Trent Boult It isn't yet over for Delhi Daredevils. They are still optimistic of turning the tables, and to be fair they have potential too. After Gautam Gambhir stepping down as the leader and Shreyas Iyer taking up new responsibilities, Delhi seems to have emerged as a completely different side. In Shreyas, they have got someone to lead from the front. And that's exactly what the young promising batsman did in the previous game against KKR. Delhi Daredevils would love to stick with their winning combination in CSK vs DD today match. They are unlikely to make any changes to their playing 11. CSK probable 11 against DD in today match MS Dhoni (C & WK), David Willey/Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Sam Billings, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir/Mark Wood, Shardul Thakur CSK, on the other hand, can probably bring about some changes in their playing 11. David Willey is likely to replace Shane Watson, who didn't quite click in the last two games. Also, the team would be in need of someone who could ease the burden on Dwayne Bravo with ball in the death overs. Mark Wood looks a befitting option to be assigned the duties. And if he comes in, Imran Tahir will be benched. Karn Sharma can replace Deepak Chahar, who is out for a couple of weeks due to injury. Will rejuvenated DD win today match against CSK in Pune?
- DD vs KKR today match preview: All hopes, all eyes, and all attention on Shreyas now as he adventures to fix DD's problems. Thankful to the franchise and the team management for the assigned responsibilities, Iyer looks too eager to turn things around for Delhi Daredevils. He has nothing to prove as a batsman, but his leadership skills are yet to be tested. So, the biggest talking point today is how Shreyas fares as Delhi Daredevils' new captain. Gautam Gambhir has stepped down as captain and the onus has been shifted to Shreyas Iyer. KKR will be happy looking at how DD has fared recently. They have lost 5 of their 6 games, notably including 3 consecutive defeats. Last on the points table, Delhi gambles on a promising young cricketer for change in fortunes. Kolkata Knight Riders can play upon such a big upheaval in the opponents' camp. There could be no better opportunity for them to consolidate their position in the top four. But as Daredevils, too, are playing to win, it's going to be no easier in their home conditions. DD playing 11 in today match Shreyas Iyer (c), Prithvi Shaw, Gautam Gambhir, Glenn Maxwell, Rishabh Pant (wk), Rahul Tewatia, Daniel Christian, Amit Mishra/Shabhaz Nadeem, Liam Plunkett, Avesh Khan, Trent Boult Jason Roy and Chris Morris have doubts on their availability in DD vs KKR today match. Daredevils are coming of three consecutive losses. In the last game, their bowlers did well. restricting Kings XI Punjab below 150. It was certainly an opportunity they could have cashed. But batting failure again came as the reason to their fiasco. Amit Mishra couldn't quite click his comeback. And for this reason, he could be back on the bench. Prithvi Shaw, who played a quick 22-run knock at the top, could again be opening the innings with Gautam Gambhir at the other end. KKR probable 11 in today match Dinesh Karthik (c), Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Andre Russell, Piyush Chawla, Shivam Mavi, Tom Curran, Kuldeep Yadav Kolkata Knight Riders is likely to go unchanged. However, if Andre Russell doesn't fit, he can miss the game against DD. Russell suffered a stretch in his right hamstring during the last match against KXIP. Daredevils will hope their bowlers to make the most of the conditions the way they did in the last game. Avesh Khan and Liam Plunkett's inclusion worked well for the team. So, DD will love to play with them in today match too. Will DD's new captain begin on a winning note in today match against KKR?
- The race for what is considered to be the batsmen's crown is getting as intense as the tournament itself match after match. Each day after each game, we meet a different player holding the orange cap on his head. Recently we saw Rayudu stealing the cap from de Villiers. The tournament has a long way to go, and the least we can do now is guess who will become the highest run scorer in IPL 2018. Top five on the list are Ambati Rayudu, AB de Villiers, Kane Williamson, Virat Kohli and Sanju Samson. Let's have a look at what their individual stats say. Ambati Rayudu All applauses to Rayudu the way he has batted in the league so far. With two match winning half-centuries in his bag, the CSK right-hand batsman is top of the table for the time being. He has scored 283 runs in 6 games at an average of more than 47 and a strike rate of near 159. Aren't these stats enough to predict him as the highest run scorer in IPL 2018? Such big a game changer that he is, Ambati Rayudu has set a standard for the others chasing him in the Orange cap race. AB de Villiers Just name enough wreak havoc in the opponents' camp, AB de Villiers, apparently RCB's most reliable player this season is leading second next to Ambati Rayudu on the batsmen's chart. We have witnessed the de Villiers' show thrice in the league so far. His 39-ball 90 against Delhi and 30-ball 68 against Chennai bear witness how brutal he has been and can be with bat. Averaging 56, AB de Villiers has stacked up 280 runs in 6 innings at a superb strike rate of 184.21. It would be no wonder if he ends up being the most run getter in IPL 11. Kane Williamson Not far from the table topper on runs count, Hyderabad skipper Kane Williamson is enjoying his form this season. He has amassed a total of 259 runs in 6 games at a stunning average of near 52. Although not a big hitter of the ball as de Villiers and Ryudu are, Williamson relies on his class and consistency. He is arguably one of the top orange cap contenders in IPL 2018. What do you think? Virat Kohli The run machine Virat Kohli hasn't had a good season so far, although as captain. His batting has never been under doubt, irrespective of where his team sits currently. Despite not being in full swing with bat, the RCB's skipper has piled up 249 runs in 6 games averaging 49.80. Just a couple of big knocks that don't seem to be far away from him can place him top of the table. Sanju Samson A clean hitter of the ball, Sanju Samson has emerged as Royals' key player over the course of 6 matches. Samson in the middle-order means a lot to Rajasthan. He delivers for the team when it matters the most. Remember his 45-ball 92 against RCB and you'll know the class he belongs to. Riding on two match winning half-centuries, Sanju Samson has scored 239 runs in 6 innings at an average of 47.80 and a strike rate of 150-plus. We can't put aside such a value player when predicting the orange cap winner in IPL 2018. And once he accelerates, no one will hover around him. Who will win Orange Cap in IPL 2018?
- SRH vs KXIP today match preview: Having defended a moderate total of 118 against Mumbi Indians in the last game, Sunrisers Hyderabad will now host in-form Kings XI Punjab at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium. All applause to SRH's bowlers the way they bowled to bundle out MI for just 87 runs, the lowest ever total by a team this season. Absence of Billy Stanlake and Bhuvneshwar Kumar haven't cost them as much as expected. It was, indeed, a test for their reserves, who delivered the promise without their spearheads. Kings have won five of their six games with four wins in a row. They look relatively more balanced and confident than Sunrisers. While Punjab has a mix of batting and bowling, Hyderabad is pretty much dependent on their bowling, which has won them four games so far. Shikhar Dhawan returned to SRH playing 11 in the last game against MI after recovering his injury, but he couldn't quite provide the ideal start to his team. Batting for them has been and will remain an issue to be addressed in SRH vs KXIP today match too. SRH playing 11 in today match Kane Williamson (c), Wriddhiman Saha, Shikhar Dhawan, Shakib Al Hasan, Yusuf Pathan, Manish Pandey, Mohammad Nabi/ Carlos Brathwaite, Rashid Khan, Basil Thampi/Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Sandeep Sharma, Siddarth Kaul Bhuvneshwar Kumar's fitness is doubtful. However, if the pace-spearhead recovers completely, Basil Thampi will make way for him. Hyderabad doesn't really need to worry about their bowling as their stock of pacers can now be trusted. Batting is still a concern for them. They can include Carlos Brathwaite for Mohammad Nabi to beef up their batting line-up. KXIP probable 11 in today match Ravichandran Ashwin (c), Chris Gayle, Lokesh Rahul (wk), Mayank Agarwal, Aaron Finch/David Miller, Karun Nair, Yuvraj Singh, Andrew Tye, Ankit Rajpoot, Barinder Sran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman Chris Gayle is likely to comeback having missed the last game against Delhi due to a stiff back. And if he comes in, one out of Aaron Finch or David Miller will be dropped. Barring this probable change, KXIP playing 11 in today match is likely to remain the same. Will KXIP regain the top spot beating SRH in today IPL match?
- RCB vs CSK today match preview & prediction: Heading into their 6th game, inconsistent Challengers seek revival of fortunes in what has been a dolorous journey for them in the league so far. Buoyant Super Kings, on the other hand, will eye to equal on points with the table-topper Kings XI Punjab. The bowling unit of both sides is plagued with similar ailment not holding control in the death overs. Conceding a total of 200 and more twice by RCB is quite evident of how blunt their bowlers have been in the tournament so far. Chennai Super Kings, too, have squandered 200 plus, although once. But, potentially their batsmen delivered what was needed to recompense the bowlers' shortcoming. They have got the spotlight having unexpectedly clinched a couple of nail-biting wins. In each of their fixtures, CSK has had a different batsman taking up the charge at crisis, something that RCB hasn't. Barring Virat Kohli who has piled up 200-plus runs in 5 games and AB de Villiers who has been a central figure in each of RCB's two victories, no other batsmen whether national or international has quite clicked yet. Sarfaraz Khan and Mandeep Singh, who RCB rely a lot in the middle-order, seem to have struggled with form. Nor has Quinton de Kock given RCB the needed start even once. RCB has more to their batting beyond just Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers. But, they need to justify it by putting in of the essence performances. And if not in RCB vs CSK today match, it could be a reason to worry. RCB probable 11 in today IPL match Virat Kohli (c), Quinton de Kock/Parthiv Patel, Manan Vohra, AB de Villiers, Corey Anderson/Moeen Ali, Mandeep Singh, Washington Sundar, Chris Woakes, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal A few inclusions, particularly those who haven't been tested yet, are on the cards. Moeen Ali and Parthiv Patel were seen batting long hours on the net two days before the fixture. But as it was when the two joined up with the team, Kohli is unlikely to make changes to the winning side. CSK playing 11 in today IPL match MS Dhoni (c), Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Sam Billings/Faf du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Karn Sharma/Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Shardul Thakur Imran Tahir is fit again. And as hinted by CSK's head coach Stephen Fleming that the team can use two leg-spinners, Tahir can make way to CSK playing 11 in today IPL match for either Faf du Plessis or Sam Billings. In this case, Ambati Rayudu will continue to bat in the middle-order. Also, there is a little possibility that Chennai Super Kings can go with three spinners considering the slow nature of the track and tying down the left-handers in the opposition. Who will win RCB vs CSK today match in IPL 2018?