Sakshi Malik the Rio Olympics 2016 Medalist
Question in detail
Indian wrestler Sakshi Malik, who ended up the Rio Olympic winning a bronze, has announced her marriage plan in an interview. Yes, you have read right! Sakshi Malik, Rio 2016 medalist is soon going to tie the wedlock with a fellow grappler Satyawart Malik. 23-year Satyavart is one year younger than Sakshi. It's reportedly said that the two have been in a relationship for many years. Sakshi became a hero overnight after winning a bronze in the woman 58kg-category wrestling event. After a great feat of success, the Indian wrestler decides to tie the knot.
Speaking to the Bengali daily, Sakshi revealed Satyawrat is supportive of her preparations for Tokyo Olympics 2020. Sakshi malik, the Rio Olympics 2016 medalist further added his dreams are mine and my dreams are his. She believes wrestling after marriage will not be a problem for her as Satyawrat promises to support her.
Is Rio bronze medalist Sakshi Malik marrying Satyawart Malik this year?
- India Vs Australia 3rd ODI, match preview: India ticked all boxes right beating Australia in both the previous ODIs with a fair margin in defense. While the first match saw the hosts upgrading 3rd to 2nd, the last victory in Kolkata handed them the top spot in the international ODI ranking. And interestingly bowlers did the job on both occasions. Batsmen too were instrumental, but not as much as expected. Rohit Sharma hasn't been able to pose a threat that he usually comes with in India. Two successive failures to his glumness, particularly at venues where he fancies playing most, could have been a relief to the opponent but the batsmen next to him in-order managed to compensate the early damage with good grades. Ajinkya Rahane and Virat Kohli, the two top-order batsmen who looked struggling in the first game, got back the form in the next ODI scoring 55 and 92 respectively. Manish Pandey hasn't done much with bat in the middle, but Kedar Jadhav and Hardik Pandya have finished managing competitive total on the board each time. MS Dhoni, the pillar of India's lower-middle order made it count just once with some of stroke-players like Jadhav and Pandya around. Can the hosts dream of becoming the winner of Ind Vs Aus 3rd ODI? No, this doesn't appear to be sufficient because Aussies wouldn't like to repeat the same mistake again as they did in the last two matches. India's bowling has been phenomenal throughout with Kuldeep and Chahal showing some quality spin out in the middle overs. Not just a bowler now, Bhuvneshwar Kumar gained the accolades of his batting too. Finding his lost swing and taking the charge with bat when it mattered most, the pace spearhead has impressed everyone with his all-round performance. The pace duo of Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar have kept explosive Warner quiet with a mix of line, length and swing. And yes, we can't forget Pandya when it comes to bowling. He is doing his job well with the ball too. If India continues to ball like this, they can surely become the winner of Ind Vs Aus 3rd ODI. Australia, on the other hand, has failed to win the crucial moments both with bat and ball. Pat Cummins and Coulter-Nile made India's top-order toil in both the matches, but spinners in the middle let the opportunity go from their hands. When batting, Aussies were completely out of the chase in the first game. However, some of their batsmen including Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis and Travis Head showed promise in the second match, but quick dismissals towards the end kept them from the near possible win. India Vs Australia 3rd ODI is going to be a do-or-die contest as one more defeat from hereon would drag them out of the competition. Will team India seal the series beating Australia in the 3rd ODI?
- India Vs Australia 2nd ODI, match prediction: The blue brigade is high on confidence having got a sound start to the home season. Now after a deserving win, India will take on Australia in the second ODI with pursuit to serve a couple of objectives: extending their winning streak, beating Aussies in the International ODI rankings, and getting a 2-0 lead in the series. It won't be a surprise if the hosts become the winner of Ind Vs Aus 2nd ODI as well. And they have reasons to bag yet another victory over Australia. With pacers being at their brutal best with the new ball and spinner delivering the promise in the middle, bowling won't be a concern for in form India. The rare top-order failure that we saw in the first match will also not be a jitter as Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya and MSD himself lower down the order remain hungry to compensate the early loss. Australia appears to lack balance in their batting. Yes, Warner and Smith do tone up a strong top-order, but Hilton Cartwright remains little under doubt to match the standards of those lofty openers who once piloted Australia to new heights. If he plays at Eden Garden too, this would be unfair to expect much from the inexperienced in his very second ODI. Travis Head, another novitiate of the current Australian lot, is also often doubted to shoulder the responsibilities in case the top-order fails to deliver. Glenn Maxell's quick-fire knocks in the middle could be a little daunting for the bowlers to handle, but those towering sixes don't actually count if they can't make you win. Coming down to Marcus Stoinis, he appears to be a good pick in the middle-order. Averaging 65 in as many as 4 games he has played so far, Stoinis also plays at a remarkable strike rate of 108. However, in the first ODI, he failed to make it count. So, if the visitors want to become the winner of Ind Vs Aus 2nd ODI, each of their batsmen will have to deliver the good. Australia is a good bowling unit with speed, discipline and accuracy being the strength of their pacers. But, you can't dream of challenging a strong batting side like India based on just pace attack. Spinners have to have their role if win is in your bucket list on India's turning tracks. Spin department is where the visitors need to do good homework else India Vs Australia 2nd ODI match prediction will again find India to be favorites. Will Australia fight back to level the score 1-1 in the second ODI?
- India Vs Australia first ODI, match prediction: Riding on a prolonged spell of success, India walks in as favorites to hunt down Australia in the first ODI, commencing on Sep 17 at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai. Virat Kohli's brigade is currently rejoicing their six-match winning streak that they would eye to extend facing their new opponents. And a recent series whitewash over Lanka doubles India's confident ahead of the home ODI series against touring Australia. Australia, on the other hand, will go into the game at the back of three consecutive defeats. They haven't been that impressive in recent times losing four of their last eight ODIs. Also, their performance in Bangladesh was not convincing, although it was a Test series. Nonetheless, they will take the field to win the match irrespective of what it results out to be. As ever, David Warner and Steve Smith will be in key role with bat in Australia's playing XI for first ODI. While Warner is known for his power hitting, Smith will have the assignment to capitalize the team's start. The two players have been the most impressive of all Australian batsmen over the years. Nathan Coulter-Nile and Pat Cummins will take up the fast bowling charge. Adam Zampa will be their trump to sharpen the spin attack on turning spin track. Australia playing XI for first ODI could be as: Steven Smith (c), Peter Handscomb, David Warner, Matthew Wade (wk), Glenn Maxwell, James Faulkner, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Adam Zampa, Travis Head and Ashton Agar. From Indian squad, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, the two who crushed Lanka recently through their brutal batting display will the center attraction with bat in the top-order. Former skipper MS Dhoni is good enough with his finisher's role. Manish Pandey, Lokesh Rahul will have the helm of India's middle-order. Hardik Pandya, the young all-rounder will again be assigned the role of power-hitter and part-time pacer alongside Mohammed Shami and Jaspreet Bumrah. In the bowling department, a lot will depend on Jaspreet Bumrah, the man who won man-of-the-series award in Sri Lanka for 15 wickets. Axar Patel and Yuzvendra Chahal, who are well used to the conditions, might be the at-hand spinning options for Kohli in India Vs Australia first ODI. Who will win India Vs Australia first ODI in Chennai?
- India Vs Australia ODI series 2017: Although India will be without their lead spinners Jadeja and Ashwin, tackling spin on turning Indian decks could presumably be the biggest threat for Australia. And the visitors need to be wary of the threat. Had it been if this would have been a Test series, spectators bow to. Australian Captain Steve Smith believes an improved show against India's lethal spin attack on this tour. The statement reflects a sense of overconfident apparently because Australians haven't been able to win an ODI series in India in recent times despite their exposure in the IPL. They are not used to the conditions as much as Indians are. Can Australia change the trend this time? Will Smith's desire to overcome India in India get the wings? The questions will be answered when the two 50-over heavy-weights surface a high-octane rivalry in India Vs Australia ODI series 2017. In a next couple of weeks, India will play five ODIs against Australia before the 3-match T20 series. Australia tour of India ODI schedule will begin on Sep 17 and end on Oct 1. The challenge will be different, in fact no easy for the touring side. India without a doubt is an amazing ODI-side as they have played some good cricket recently beating Lanka brutally in their homeland. India is coming of a successful Sri Lanka tour that won them their first whitewash on the island. Now, they would like to continue their winning run against Australia too. Australia tour of India ODI schedule: Sep, 17 Sun - India vs Australia, 1st ODI (Chennai) Sep 21, Thu - India vs Australia, 2nd ODI (Kolkata) Sep 24, Sun - India vs Australia, 3rd ODI (Indore) Sep 28, Thu - India vs Australia, 4th ODI (Bengaluru) Oct 01, Sun - India vs Australia, 5th ODI (Nagpur). Will Team India win the home ODI series against Australia?
- Jeeva Kumar's tackle points in PKL 5: Garnering the accolades of his fabulous show in UP Yoddha's defense, Jeeva Kumar has proved out to be a valuable asset for his side in Pro Kabaddi League season 5. The right left corner has displayed a mix of ankle holds, thigh holds, firm grips and also dashes at times to heave his side from crunch situations. On most occasions, Jeeva has deployed himself in the key role keeping his side from the threat of all-out. And 7 super-tackles to his name in the league so far bear witness his class in the pressure situation. Jeeva Kumar's tackle points in PKL 5, which as of now has reached 32, firmly places him 8th on the defenders' table. While the defender has certainly more to put on display in the upcoming matches, a sudden upsurge in his individual position will be no wonder to his ardent fans. Also, he can end up with most super tackles in PKL 5. Since every point counts in the game of Kabaddi, Jeeva's contribution in defense doubles his importance for UP Yoddha. Jeeva is amongst a few players who stands good chances to end up with most super tackles in PKL 5. With 7 super tackles in 13 matches, the brawny defender is leading the table for the time being. He is well paying of the trust the UP franchise reposed in him. Jeeva Kumar's tackle points in PKL 5, which also includes 7 super-tackles, has been worth gold for his side. His form is a guarantee to UP's success and there is no denying the fact. Jeeva Kumar is certainly one, whom UP can rely most particularly when the threat of all-out is looming around. And he has proved it several times earlier. Will Jeeva Kumar end up PKL 5 with most super tackles?
- Anup Kumar's raid points in PKL 5: Positioned 5th with a total of 87 points in 12 appearances, Anup Kumar has been at the core of U Mumba's at-hand success in the league so far. He began the league with a defeat as a captain, but two successive wins next to it were a befitting answer to his critics. Against Haryana Steelers, Anup contributed to team's first win with a total of 6 points in his bag. Next to Haryana, another team to witness Anup's raiding excellence was Dabang Delhi. In the one-sided affair, the captain cool scored a total of 7 points, which also include 6 raid points. A total of 8 points by Anup Kumar against UP Yoddha got U Mumba their 3rd win of the league. The cool headed captain continued his stellar one after the other scoring 9, 7, 2 and 11 respectively in the next four games, but didn't get enough support from his mates to prevent the side conceding four loses in a row. It was a bad phase; yes it was as Anup came back strong losing no game thereafter. U Mumba's flamboyant player has demonstrated exceptional captaining and raiding abilities on the mat so far. Anup Kumar's ability to become the top raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5 goes beyond doubt. An impact raider, Anup Kumar grabbed 8, 6, 8 points respectively in the last three matches helping his team secure second spot on zone 'A' table. Anup Kumar's raid points in PKL 5 count 73 now in 12 games so far. All he would need to become top raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5 is a couple of ace performances in the upcoming matches. Will Anup Kumar become top raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5?
- Amit Hooda, a standout performer to shoulder Telugu Thalaivas' responsibilities in defence this year, has had a couple of successful PKL editions to his name with the forth one being his best as he finished it with highest successful tackle points (47) at a success percentage of over 50. As expected at the auction, the ankle-hold specialist has proved out to be Thalayvas' biggest asset this season. Amit Hooda's tackle points in PKL 5 count 33 in 9 games so far. He is leading fourth on the defenders' table for the time being. Ending with highest tackle points in PKL season 5 doesn't sound to be a big deal for the Thalaivas' highest-paid (Rs. 63 lakh) player given the way he is playing. As destructive as he has been over the years, Amit began the fifth PKL edition on a high note. Strong, determined and confident, Amit possesses the ability to hunt down any raider. 'Back holds', 'thigh holds' and 'ankle holds' are the weapons of choice Amit has in his quiver. Other than this, the right corner defender banks on his agility and speed to hunt down a raider on the mat. Architect of Thalaivas' only win and two ties in the league so far, Amit Hooda scored 4, 6 and 6 tackle points against Bulls, Steelers and Yoddhas' respectively. Two high fives to Amit Hooda's tackle points tally in PKL season 5 gloss his success as a defender. Apart from just focusing on his individual score, the 21-year old defender has taken added responsibility to get the team together in defense. Also, he has been seen motivating the youngsters and sharing his experience with the teammates. Barely 3 points short of picking the highest tackle points in PKL season 5, Amit Hooda needs a couple stellar performances to top the table surpassing Surender Nada (36 tackle points). Will Amit Hooda mark PKL 5 with most tackle points?
- Sri Lanka Vs India only T20: This is for the first time Lanka succumbed to a series whitewash in a home ODI series of any length. Moving in a similar destructive fashion, India elongated their winning run crushing the hosts 5-0 next to a 3-0 Test whitewash on the same tour. Lanka played the worst they could, both in Test and ODI series. India, on the other hand, couldn't have written a better script than sweeping the hosts dead. India was so much dominant with the ball throughout that they didn't allow the hosts to go past 250 even once. The five-match ODI series saw India devastatingly ruthless in each of the games with their winning margin being 9 wickets, 3 wickets, 6 wickets, 168 runs and 6 wickets respectively. At the heart of India's comprehensive series whitewash were Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, the two who architected two resounding centuries each. However, with ball, Jaspreet Bumrah led India's bowling bagging 15 wickets, the most by any bowler in the world in a bilateral ODI series. Now, both the teams are up for another rivalry that will surface in Colombo this Wednesday. Sri Lanka Vs India only T20 will be the match of high expectations, at least from Lanka's perspective. India doesn't need to worry about anything as the hosts have shown no competitive spirit in the series so far. The way Lanka has scattered conceding defeats one after the other, not many would be expecting them to become the winner of SL Vs IND only T20. After coming to grief, Lanka will be now hopping to finish off the things with a win. All that Lanka would require to avoid another defeat, which is looming large over them given India's current form, is a quick turnaround in the one-off T20. Coming to the match prediction, India stands more chances to become the winner of SL Vs IND only T20. Who will win the only T20 between SL Vs Ind?
- Sri Lanka Vs India 5th ODI: Another clinical performance, both with bat and ball, led India to another thumping win over Sri Lanka in the 4th ODI. 4-0 up in the series, the visitors are close to another clean sweep on the same tour. Lanka has never been in the rivalry since time the series got underway. Four straight ODI defeats next to a 0-3 Test whitewash summarize their deplorable run. Things have worked well for India in the top order with Dhawan, Rohit and Kohli looking in devastating touch. Dhoni has shown a steely presence lower down the order returning unbeaten all the three times he got a chance to bat. However, experiments in the middle haven't resulted fruitful for Kohli. Bowling department has delivered the expected restricting the opponents below 240 in all the four ODIs. Riding on four consecutive wins, India now eyes to clean sweep Lanka in the ODI series as well. A clean sweep is up for grab for India, provided they will have to become the winner of SL Vs IND fifth ODI. Lanka would be sorry of the way they have played against India. Yet to taste their first victory, Lanka didn't have much to win in the ongoing ODI series. All that the hosts are left with now is the hope to comeback in Sri Lanka Vs India 5th ODI. They will have a plan to keep a tight rein of Indian batsmen. But, all that will matter is the execution. When predicting the winner of SL Vs IND fifth ODI, visitors again stand more chances than the hosts. Will India clean sweep Sri Lanka in ODI series as well?
- Sri Lanka Vs India 4th ODI: Not only does the stigma of another home clean-sweep daunt Lanka, but also the risk of World Cup expulsion comes in as a major unease for them. Lanka won't be automatically expelled from the WC 2019 qualification even if they lose both their remaining ODIs to India. A lot will depend on how West Indies play in their respective matches against England, affecting Lanka's ODI ranking. Lanka knows the qualification scenario well, but can't take risk anymore. Bottle-throwing, selectors' resignation, regular injuries to key players, penalty to indiscipline and a lot more unexpected have been a part of Lanka's sorry run this home season, particularly against India. Although the result of the five-match ODI series is out, the home side will fight in the remainder for the pride earned through decades of struggle and contribution by former Lankan veterans. Lankans are wary of the clean-sweep threat. If they want to avoid it, they will have to use all their available resources well in Sri Lanka Vs India 4th ODI, remarkably under a newly-appointed captain Lasith Malinga. In the aftermath of a dismal series loss, Lankan selectors stepped down along with the stand-in captain Kapugedera, who copped the criticism of his teammates after defying the collective decision to field first in the 3rd ODI. Fast bowler Lasith Malinga will be the new Sri Lankan captain in fourth ODI. Malinga is given the added responsibilities because there is no option left for injury-hit Sri Lanka. A win in the third ODI is a must for Lanka as one more win thereafter will seal them an automatic spot for the World Cup 2019. Winning them both, the fourth and fifth ODI will make them qualify what all remains for them in the series now. If they lose both the matches, they will hope WI not to win more than three matches against England next month. Things would be more in Lanka's favor even if they win one of their two remaining matches. With this equation, West Indies will have to win all their six matches for WC qualification. Lasith Malinga, the new Sri Lankan captain in fourth ODI will have a lot on his shoulders, both to avoid another clean-sweep and to help his team qualify for the World Cup 2019. Will Sri Lanka end their struggles in the fourth ODI against India?
- UP Yoddha are leading Zone B table with 30 points in 11 matches and at the heart of their at-hand success is the class of Nitin Tomar, the league's most expensive player. The man known for his excellent raiding abilities, Nitin has undertaken the responsibilities to cruise his team past calamities. Nitin Tomar's raid points in PKL 5 have been instrumental in each of Yoddha's win as of now. The Lucknow captain has played to his potential in the league so far picking up 65 raid points in 11 appearances. And 4 tackle points have been a bonus to his individual scorecard as defence is not his forte. Nitin earned 9 raid points against Bengaluru Bulls to help his team taste their second win of the league. When against Telugu Titans away from home, the UP captain marked the match with a Super 10, his first in the league. He continued the brilliant show with 6 points against Bengal Warriors as well, but couldn't quite get his team over the line. The last-minute thriller against Telugu Titans, however this time at home, saw Nitin turning to be a game changer. The flamboyant captain hunted 6 defenders to mark Yoddha's fourth victory in the league. He is leading 4th as the top raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5, next to Rohit (90), Rahul (87) and Pardeep (83). UP Yoddha have been and will be heavily relying on Nitin Tomar's raid points in PKL 5. Despite suffering an abysmal home leg that handed them only one win in six matches, Yoddha rode on their captain's shoulder to sustain the lead on Zone B table. In the last match of their home leg against Titans, Nitin didn't quite lose hopes and mastered to ace the close combat in the last minute. Nitin Tomar got a tranquil start as a raider, but came to life when it mattered most. Riding on a couple of ace performances to his name, the Lucknow captain has pocketed a total of 69 points in 11 matches so far. These stats get enough to speak Nitin's class and intent as a raider. And there is apparently no point to wonder if Nitin Tomar becomes the top raider in Pro Kabaddi League season 5. Will Nitin Tomar bag most raid points in Pro Kabaddi League season 5?
- Surender Nada stands out to be the best defender in Pro Kabaddi League Season 5 with 33 points in 6 appearances so far. Nada has been just phenomenal in Haryana's defence. Haryana Steelers are doing well in their maiden PKL season under the captaincy of local boy Surender Nada. Not surprisingly, the defender is well paying off what he is entrusted with; the duty of guarding team's territory on the mat, and the responsibility of leading the team from front. An unfazed warrior, Nada forms the backbone of the Steelers not just when there is a requirement but also sometimes even without it. Surender Nada's tackle points in PKL 5, which as of now has reached 33 in 6 matches, is a clear testimony of what he is capable of doing in defence. The 27-year old defender featured India's national team that won a gold medal each in the World Cup 2016 and in South Asian Games this year. This PKL season, he has proved out to be Haryana's best pick in defence. Surender Nada thanklessly continues to go about his job without willing to garner the accolades of his efforts. The left corner has been a standout performer, arguably the best defender in Pro Kabaddi League Season 5 so far. Virtually impossible to break out from, strong grips, ankle holds and brawny body tackles have been parts of Nada's repertoire this season. Surender Nada's tackle points in PKL 5 count 33 in 6 matches so far. Nada makes each of his appearances count no matter who the opponents are and what the match results out to be. Will Surender Nada continue his heroics to maintain the top spot on the defenders' table in PKL 5?
- Sri Lanka Vs India 2nd ODI: While the hosts were hoping to come out strong in the ODI series, change in format did no good to their quest as India continued their dominance with a thumping win at Dambulla. A nine wicket loss, the biggest ever for Lanka in terms of balls remaining while defending a target of 200 or more runs, adds to Lanka's pang. The hosts are now eyeing a competitive hand from their batsmen and bowlers, who as of now have drastically failed to vie Indian warriors in the Test series and the first ODI as well. Lanka was once 139 for one in the 24th over but late downfall, which saw 6 Lankan batsmen collapsing at a mere of 16 runs, restricted them to 216. Much to Lanka's Dambulla apathy, the hosts lost their 9 wickets in 19 overs scoring just 77 runs. The hosts wouldn't have thought such a dismal start of the ODI series. Lanka will have to toil hard if they want to become the winner of SL Vs IND second ODI. While Lanka is yet to taste a victory, India has got a strenuous start to the five-match ODI series winning the opening match at Dambulla. Now, both the teams move to Pallekele for Sri Lanka Vs India 2nd ODI with hopes to win it. With 0-1 down ahead of the second game, Lanka will be under tremendous pressure when facing dominant India at Pallekele. India, on the other side, will come up with clear intent to become the winner of SL Vs IND second ODI. The visitors have been ascendant throughout. It's now over to India as to how much freedom they give to Lanka in the second ODI commencing on August 24. Will India continue their destructive show in Sri Lanka's second ODI?
- Gujarat Fortunegiants firmly sit table atop with 6 wins in 9 matches. And much of the credit goes to Sachin Tawar's virtuosity. Throughout their sound run in the league so far, Gujarat has seen some really incredible performances from their players, but one who stands out is the young raider Sachin Tawar. He has proven out to be the pick of Gujarat's younger lot scoring a total of 60 points in 9 appearances. Sachin in all likelihood can end up scoring most raid points in PKL 5, provided he continues his heroics. As of now, the young raider is leading third with 54 raid points next to Rahul Chaudhary (66) and Rohit Kumar (65) on the table. With one Super 10 to his credit, which came in 31st match of the league against struggling Titans, Sachin made a big leap on the point table. While it was Telugu's seventh defeat, Gujarat added one more victory to their winning streak. Titans had no answer to Sachin's brilliance as he scored 11 points in the match. Another magnificent performance that saw him racking up a total of 7 points against Bengal Warrior complimented the raider with the top-performer award. Sachin Tawar's raid points in Pro Kabaddi League season 5 after the tie against Bengal now count 54, the third most for the time being. Earlier two back-to-back heroics against Warriors and Titans respectively, Sachin had shown his raiding proficiency to Bengaluru Bulls in a toe-to-toe affair wherein he contributed 4 raid points to Gujarat's sixth win of the league. When against Jaipur Pink Panthers two days ago, Sachin Tawar with 7 raid points strengthened Gujarat's lead at the top of Zone A. Sachin's eight raid points against Dabang Delhi in the league's 25th match helped Gujarat seal their 4th win. Earlier it was Haryana Steelers that saw Sachin's wrath, and this time in defence too. Gujarat's star raider bagged 5 raid points and 3 tackle points to sink Haryana 32-20. Undergoing purple patch at present, Sachin Tawar's raid points in Pro Kabaddi League season 5 exclaim how hard it is to handle the young raider. Still in the top three, Sachin is just 6 short of scoring most raid points in PKL 5. And 6 raid points, given his form, doesn't sound to be a big deal for the in-form raider. Will Sachin Tawar end VIVO Pro Kabaddi League season 5 with most raid points?
- Sri Lanka Vs India first ODI: The aftermath of frightful 3-0 Test series loss to India showcases the gulf in Lankan class and intent. Remarkably, it's for the first time India whitewashed Sri Lanka on their home soil. Unlike the Test series that turned out to be a one-sided affair, the five-match ODI series is supposed to go a bit more competitive. Lankan captain Upul Tharanga is now hoping his men to present a tough rivalry in the shortest format. But, it would require them a massive improvement in class. Sri Lanka Vs India first ODI is scheduled to be played in Dambulla on August 20. Ahead of the match, Lankan skipper is seeking fans' support as it could play a big role in lifting the team's morale. Tharanga has also reposed faith in his men in the shorter format. He believes that his team is well equipped to fare batter in the 50-over format. All he needs to regain the spirit is the fans' support, Tharanga repeatedly emphasizes. Although Tharanga is confident to come out stronger in the ODI series, there is a lot of difference between words and deeds. And this needs to be understood by the Lankan skipper. In reality, he needs to focus on his game and put in the hard work rather than having a big mouth. Sri Lanka squad for the ODI series features Upul Tharanga (c), Danushka Gunathilaka, Angelo Mathews, Kusal Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella, Chamara Kapugedera, Akila Dananjaya, Lakshan Sandakan, Dushmantha Chameera, Thisara Perera, Malinda Pushpakumara, Wanindu Hasaranga, Milinda Siriwardana, Vishwa Fernando and Lasith Malinga. Sri Lanka squad for the ODI series would be without Asela Gunaratne, Nuwan Kulasekara, Asitha Fernando and Lahiru Kumara. Selectors have replaced Gunaratne with all-rounder Thisara Perera, who was overlooked for the home series against Zimbabwe. Milinda Siriwardana is also a new edition to Sri Lanka ODI squad. Other than this, the selectors have invited Malinda Pushpakumara and young seamer Vishwa Fernando, the two players yet to make their ODI debut. Will Sri Lanka come out strong to beat India in the first ODI at Dambulla?
- Firmly occupying the top position with most raid points (58), most successful raids (49), most Super 10s (4) and of course most total points (65) to his credit in 7 matches so far, Bengaluru Bulls' captain Rohit Kumar has progressively gone gunning for one after the other the way he does to add more to his individual scorecard. Bulls' first seven matches in the league have been deponent of Rohit's brilliance as a raider. The numbers prove he indeed is a star raider and stands good chances to become the most successful raider in Pro Kabaddi League 2017. He is as influential as he was in the last two seasons, which he finished third and fourth with 102 and 93 raid points respectively. Rohit made his PKL debut in the 3rd season with Patna Pirates. A total of Rohit's 109 points, which helped Pirates win their first PKL title, got him the credit as he was adjudged the 'Most Valuable Player'. In the next year (season 4), Rohit piled his trade with Bengaluru Bulls and scored a total of 100 points. And this season, Bulls spent Rs 81 lakh to retain their star raider, currently the captain of the team. Topping the table as the most successful raider in Pro Kabaddi League 2017, Rohit has bagged 58 raid points, which include 49 successful raids in 7 matches. Rohit Kumar's points in PKL 5 count 65, the most by any player at present. Rohit has emerged as one of the country's best raiders in a very short span of time. He was also a part of the Indian team that ended the South Asian Games with a gold medal last year. The lanky raider has a long reach in the court, which more often than not results in hand touches. Moreover, his excellent footwork helps him earn bonus points in crunch situations. Agility combined with quick 'Scorpion Kick' leaves the defenders startled. Also when needed, the buoyant raider demonstrates fleet toe touches to hunt down the defender. Rohit's versatility and virtuosity make him a complete raider. So, don't get surprised if Rohit Kumar becomes the most successful raider in Pro Kabaddi League 2017. Will Rohit Kumar become the most successful raider of Pro Kabaddi League 2017?